Desync has never killed me... until this expansion

I definitely have more lag spikes, too, and last weekend I even had my first-ever series of disconnects when entering portals (or even just randomly).
I had my first desync death today. I never cared much about it before as it was merely annoying not fatal but after 1.2 its definately worse ...

Died today to torture chamber boss, I tried breaking line of sight with pillar but kept taking dmg, too late for /oos --> death

died to a rare strongbox, nothing fancy or dangerous just desync, I click box and commence retreat to one shot the pack but I make no dmg, /oos, back in the middle of pack --> death

shame really would expect this crap fixed so long after launch, why can't we just have regular lag instead of desync .. ?
Desync will never be "fixed". When PoE2 comes out and they have built a whole new game from the ground up, maybe then, maybe. But there will be something else, as bad or worse to replace it.
It is an inherent part of the code. Some things seem to make it worse, but across 3 computers, from low end to high end, across dozens of builds, I've never NOT had desync at some point.
"
Jamezuh wrote:
Hey all,

Is anybody else noticing desync to be especially noticeable since forsaken masters launched?

I've never once died to desyncing before, but so far I've had a level 47 die to me clicking on a doorway and not going through, a lower level dying to opening a lock box and running away but apparently still being in the middle of a giant mob, and most recently my level 60 that I was having a blast on took a Vaal smash to the face despite barely even being able to see Vaal on my screen.

I've never had this type of problem before and it sucks pretty bad. I really feel for anyone who's experienced this from the beginning.

^

The servers also seem very laggy, especially noticeable when I manage my stash. This has honestly never happened, before FM I had only died to desync once ... I have a high end PC and the fastest connection I can get for money. Really sucks ass :(
I like many kinds of games 😊
Last edited by ArchSecter on Sep 19, 2014, 5:27:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info