Desync has never killed me... until this expansion

desync like shit
and dcccccccccccc
and died so many times due to desync
so sad
>.<
but it is a good game and i am waiting for the new pets. \^^/
hope ggg can fix the connection issues. it is really annoying to dc and desyn in the middle of a fight.
Even though i normally don't have any major issues with desync, i've also noticed that since Forsaken Masters came out it got worse somewhat. Opening boxes also lags more than before; i don't know how this could be fixed since GGG already said they'd have to rewrite most of the code, but i'm hopeful that something - anything - can be done in this regard... it's hurting both the popularity of the game as well as the players' overall enjoyment.
Spoiler
www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwrL9MV6jSk

Blame it on the rain
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
 Welcome to the wonderful world of Path of Desync. The land of Wraeclast is full of amazingly hideous creatures of all sorts, but the one that frequently shows up for which there is no defense (except a fast Alt-F4 press and even that doesn't always work) is the demonic desync demon. The desync demon loves to invisibly hide out in large packs of creatures (strongboxes are a favorite hangout). It also loves to play with rubberbands (a mind form of OCD). It is especially fond of attacking us when we are most vulnerable in the heat of battle, obscuring our vision with a mirage to hide it's location and tricking us with false targets that are but mere holographic illusions so that we are attacking nothing and are blinded to the real locations of the emissaries of our death.

PoE has always had a high quantity of the DDD from my closed beta playing days and slowing incrementally gets worse as more and more wonderful (but more server side processing intensive) features are added to it. You are of the fortunate few if you hadn't experienced much desync until the Forsaken Masters mini-expansion. To that I say, welcome aboard the desync merry-go-round...errr... DOH!!! We are all frustrated at PoE (and some have/will rage quit over this problem) when desync occurs and the PoE founders decision to go with their own in-house custom game engine is probably of major concern to GGG. But the reality of this is that GGG can't shift their sails in mid-course and PoE will always be this way. No one likes to have to say "play to the PoE server" and having to second guess what the sever side is doing differently when the client is out of sync is definitely a major "not fun" part of playing PoE. Binding the /oos to a key for quick access is of little comfort in trying to live with desync. But the PoE ship is in full sail and only part of the way across the desync ocean. Whether GGG can make it all the way across some day or the PoE ship sinks into the desync ocean is anybodies guess but right now the GGG devs have more wonderful plans for PoE than their game engine can handle and I believe that with each and every wonderful (have I used that word enough yet?) addition to PoE the next straw is being added to the camels back.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Desync, for me, has always been skill/build-specific, and it's still the same. I can play my totem-based characters and summoner(s) without ever noticing or being impacted by desync. That still holds true, and the game is very enjoyable with those characters.

However, I played an evasion-based Puncture/SA arrow to 79 in Rampage, and I could not stand the constant desyncing. Any area with narrow pathways and doors would cause desync, every other minute when I had to kite even a bit she'd rubberband in those zones. It never killed the character, but it killed my enjoyment.

So for me, nothing really changed. I just have to stick to minion or totem builds in order to have fun with the game,
Logged off after only 30 minutes this morning, not that I did not want to play... but the desync be strong for me today. Also had 4 disconnects while doing my daily zana :(

Will try again later I guess!
desync is still pretty much same for me, maybe a bit less in general but still spikes hard occasionally. What has changed is the amount of game crashes I am experiencing, never crashed before FM, like one a day after (usually during a master mission).
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Sep 19, 2014, 2:25:07 PM
The servers are very laggy after 1.2 for me, i trace using winMTR and everything points to GGG's server.
IGN: Ziggro

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info