I Dare GGG to Post Death Re-Play Feature

"
Real_Wolf wrote:
People always assume the server is playingl ike a client of the game.

It really isn't you know, its just rcving numbers and updating things. Your client draws everything, the server just runs numbers to be more efficient.

If you saw what the server saw, your asking for the last bit of server data rcvd and sent, and that will pretty much be what was on your PC, with the advantage that you can move the camera potentially.
Thank you. This is exactly what replays(not recordings) are, did you know that?
Again:
What we see: "player gets into the room - 5 second lag - player is dead somewhere else from where he was last seen". And this is because we either don't get any information about what happened in that 5s at all or the client just doesn't show it to us.
What OP wanted to see (get that replay from server and, well, replay it): "player gets into the room - players walks for 5 seconds while all monsters hitting him with everything they have - player is dead at the exact location where his health dropped to zero".
PS. btw, if "People always assume the server is playingl ike a client of the game" then either you are not human or I don't understand why you posted it at all :)
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on Sep 18, 2014, 2:14:27 AM
Maybe it is recorded in the client side logs?
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
It still goes back to the age old problem of desync and client-server trust. GGG doesn't trust the game client and is requiring the cliet to report too often to the server to actually keep up with the fast paced game action. This is much better explained in the desync thread.

This is a failure of GGG. I know that SL4YLR will probably come back with his normal defense of GGG, but that is just a troll doing his thing. Eitherway, the issue stems from desync issues and likely server side issues on GGG's end. There are issues they need to fix. I have a hard time believing that they are actually working to fix desync, but unfortunately unless someone from GGG comes out and says they can't fix it then we will just have to deal with what they are telling us.

A lot of broken promises in this game. Another one is the whole unlock code crap at login. I remember reading somewhere that they would implement an option for this for users who didn't want it, but that is never talked about. Oh well, I came back to play for 1.2 and I have been disappointed. Still the same old problems that GGG has been saying they are trying to fix. Instead they finally get rid of snapshotting while admitting that they previously balanced around snapshotting. Seriously, they balanced around a mechanic that was obviously broken, just lol.

The devs had a good run there for a bit, I think they have lost the desire to keep up. I continually hope I am wrong on this, but fool me once and all...
From what I read, it's not GGG fault that you die in those circumstances but it's because of your wooden computer.

When you de-sync, that's GGG, when the game freezes or takes 5 min to load the map, that's your very own computer that is worth 40$ that makes it do that.
It would be really instructive to see a side-by-side of what your client showed you and what the server actually had. Unfortunately, I doubt they even have the ability to show what is actually happening when we fumble around with the partial information that we're given.

Remember: 40% of the information you're given is true. 40% of the information you're given is close enough that it makes no difference. 20% is an outright lie that you'll die if you believe it.
"
Animeka wrote:
From what I read, it's not GGG fault that you die in those circumstances but it's because of your wooden computer.

When you de-sync, that's GGG, when the game freezes or takes 5 min to load the map, that's your very own computer that is worth 40$ that makes it do that.

Sorry, but that is total BS. I run a pretty powerful machine with SSD and 8GB RAM, but I keep getting 1-3 sec lags when a new effect is loaded. And then when that same effect is loaded again a few screens later, because their caching "strategy" is just crummy.
And how do you explain that other new games run perfectly well on my machine, but PoE sometimes drops to single digits framerates? No, this whole "buy a better PC, it's your own fault for playing with a toaster" is just crap.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
This thread title really says "I dare GGG to spend a large sum of money developing an ability to replay the last few minutes before a death which won't improve the gameplay or the game itself, and likely increase lag due to attempting to store recent data rather than just action it"

I repeat that while it would be a nice feature, in no way will it ever happen because its not feasible to expect them to be able to code something like this. The first replays for RTS games were from deterministic instances where they just record the inputs and everything is predetermined, which is why replays work for them. The issue is that PoE is not deterministic, so you can't do the same thing. As such you can't just record inputs, you actually have to record every value, and a significant number of these are 'fire and forget' or once off values that are then forgotten. Storing every RNG roll is going to take up space
When the screen freezes, and you die,

It could be due to,

1. Network problem
2. Computer performance problem
3. Bug problem
4. Others (Files need defrag, need to remove virus,worms,etc)

If you are very confident option 2 and 4 can be ruled out, then the fault lies to the internet service provider company and/or GGG
Race? Season points? Nah. Not my thing.
Last edited by SicariusOblente on Sep 19, 2014, 4:21:58 AM
People are always confident. It doesn't make them right.
I would enjoy having this feature.
But not at the expense of new content.
Gots to have new lootz.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info