[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Hi, I´m kinda new to the game and manage to come to level 73 now. And I dont really know why i should put some points in critical strike, Ive taken some points in attackspeed etc. which he does later in his leveling. In this writing time I´ve just played this game for like 5 days and I really want to know which build I should go. Should I play molten strike, should I use hatred, whirling blades and with what supports etc. Please someone check my character and from my gear what I can do, if I need to like reforge a color on a socket I´ll do that or if I need to fix a new weapon etc.

All help is thankfull!

/ jorreB

See the budget setup example build and follow it exactly. That's your best bet. (the stats on the jewels and ring will vary a little which is OK, and yes, you can level up blade flurry and whirling blades more)

Can you check my setup now? So I should have two abilites blade flurry + molten ? Plus like 4 more actives + potions is that normal?
"
Can you check my setup now? So I should have two abilites blade flurry + molten ? Plus like 4 more actives + potions is that normal?

You have a 5-link belly, you would get more damage from a bringer of rain. However, you'd have less life. I would probably trade faster clear speed for the life. You'd have to regear per the budget setup.

If damage on full life isn't up for you enough you can use physical to lightning or increased AOE instead. Increased AOE does not add to tooltip but it's great for clearing maps more quickly. You can always swap it for concentrated effect for boss.

You need the recommended damage flasks.

I noticed you didn't take the recommended ascendancy nodes in order.

Replace that wildfire jewel with reckless defiance

I would redo your tree a bit to get brutal blade / fatal blade something like this

Hi guys! Can someone check my setup and tell me how I can upgrade now and what I should go for next?

Peace!

(I can put in the anvil amber amulet which seems good for the build but then i need intellegence ring of some kind becuase I dont have enough, or I go this way idk which is most worth.)
Last edited by M_Najs on Apr 30, 2018, 8:06:14 AM
Hello, I am very curious about this build. I have never played a melee character before, and I would like to try it for the next league or race. This build looks interesting because of the defensive mechanics, but does anyone who has played it feel kinda squishy? I typically only have about 2ex worth of gear by the very end of a league, so my budget would be very small. I am concerned about only having 140% life on the tree for even the HC setup. With my budget, would this build be a comfortable first melee build? I really really hate dying (definitely still play SC) to things that I don't see. My league/race goals are to be able to comfortably farm most/all red maps with the potential to fight guardians deathless. Basically, I want to know if this is tanky enough on a budget of less than 100 chaos to make mistakes in fights and still live?
"
keithgmccall wrote:
Hello, I am very curious about this build. I have never played a melee character before, and I would like to try it for the next league or race. This build looks interesting because of the defensive mechanics, but does anyone who has played it feel kinda squishy?

Yes it is squishy.
Tried about 10runs this league with this build and so far i dont get to maps before rip, think it is better later in the game when you reach real high block so tempted to go for more HP and no block at all until lvl70+ but compaired to Marauder/jugg it is squishy. Block is weak until you get alot of it, better to go for HP and normal phys mitigation (armor, endurance charges)

IT is a very fun build though, gonna try it in the flashback league again.

//Hierokliff in the SSF HC league where everything is kinda squishy
"
Hi guys! Can someone check my setup and tell me how I can upgrade now and what I should go for next?

As I said, change your tree, see my previous advice post for improved tree

Look at the budget setup or premium setup

Have to drop immortal flesh as you are wasting a ton of damage potential just to accommodate that

Don't need INT beyond 94 just delevel those gems

Can get a block corrupted stone of lazhwar

DPS flasks
"
keithgmccall wrote:
Hello, I am very curious about this build. I have never played a melee character before, and I would like to try it for the next league or race. This build looks interesting because of the defensive mechanics, but does anyone who has played it feel kinda squishy? I typically only have about 2ex worth of gear by the very end of a league, so my budget would be very small. I am concerned about only having 140% life on the tree for even the HC setup. With my budget, would this build be a comfortable first melee build? I really really hate dying (definitely still play SC) to things that I don't see. My league/race goals are to be able to comfortably farm most/all red maps with the potential to fight guardians deathless. Basically, I want to know if this is tanky enough on a budget of less than 100 chaos to make mistakes in fights and still live?

I farm red maps and never die within reason, only when I do crazy map mods and take unnecessary risks

Lots of people kill guardians with this build

a few hundred life more by spending all your points on life doesn't make any difference, get a balance of different defenses and damage as I have

2ex is plenty for the excellent budget setup

I wouldn't say there is any 2ex build where you can make a lot of mistakes on hardest bosses and live, not realistic, PoE is meant to be a challenge

To improve chance of survival you can always go ranged with lightning strike or blade flurry
"
Sovyn wrote:

That standard build can be made as scion

Thx for the tips, I will try them and Ill told you how it works

Keep on the good work!
"
Hierokliff wrote:

Yes it is squishy.
Tried about 10runs this league with this build and so far i dont get to maps before rip, think it is better later in the game when you reach real high block so tempted to go for more HP and no block at all until lvl70+ but compaired to Marauder/jugg it is squishy. Block is weak until you get alot of it, better to go for HP and normal phys mitigation (armor, endurance charges)

IT is a very fun build though, gonna try it in the flashback league again.

//Hierokliff in the SSF HC league where everything is kinda squishy

Did block get nerfed recently? I thought it used to be pretty good and tanky.
"
tkensei wrote:
Did block get nerfed recently? I thought it used to be pretty good and tanky.

No, 75 block is still 35k effective life most of the time. The only issue is if a large hit gets through, same as always. The premium and uber versions of the example builds add things like ES and MoM to get the total health point pool up somewhat. The budget builds can still do red maps including most bosses though, for 1ex is one shops carefully. So each build has its place.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info