[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
idrageri wrote:
now I'm doing 6850 dps with Hatred up ( Heavy Strike-Faster Attacks-Added Fire Damage- Multistrike- Plus Melee Physical Damage )

My AoE is definitely lacking, but I enjoy having an escape. Currently I'm using Shield Charge- Melee Splash - Added Fire Damage. Only 1250 AoE with Auras up :(

I think Heavy Strike will suffice as an AoE perhaps, but it seems too slow to clear large mobs.

Excellent damage, congrats.
If you really want to improve your AoE, try to change your Added Fire Damage to Melee Splash.
Of course your dps tooltip will drop a lot, Added Fire Damage is excellent for your good physical damage, and Melee Splash has - xx% less damage.

Your dps is so good you will be able to kill bosses using Melee Splash.
IGN: Pintxo (Harbinger)
Online: 22:00 to 24:00 GMT +1 (Spain)
"
Xiaoyen wrote:
I think Hiero (or was it Kaho) who pointed out that the animation for Multi strike is a bit too slow causing a bad Rhoa charge to be able to put you in danger.

Could be a problem only if the weapon is not fast enough and/or the multistrike gem is not leveled up enough. My current heavy strike attack animation (with multistrike) completes in 0.17 seconds according to the tooltip. :)
"
kahoraho wrote:

I concur. I'm doing great with only 4300 DPS.

Edit - the only problem might be the mana draw - it will be pretty huge.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 29, 2013, 3:01:58 AM
I REALLY need to get that multistrike gem. But for 1 GCP/4 Chaos, it's kinda out of my wallet now. Am getting stumped farming for just CHROMS for the right sockets on my new shield!!

@Sovyn: I stick a mana leech on. Helps a LOT as the splash damage counts to balancing out the mana drain. Even Mana gained on hit should be sufficient if you have a big group. There's a threshold on # of monsters to get a good usage = return ratio though. Smaller groups and multistrike would shine.
Last edited by Xiaoyen on Jul 29, 2013, 4:56:38 AM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
kahoraho wrote:

I concur. I'm doing great with only 4300 DPS.

Edit - the only problem might be the mana draw - it will be pretty huge.

Agree
Added Fire Damage is x130% mana cost
Mana Splas is x160% mana cost

But he's doing so much damage, I doubt he has any problem increasing that amount his mana cost.
He will leech even more mana when he faces more than one mob, but let's say 16% less when he hits only one mob.
Even if he had any problem, it looks to me that a guy who has been able to reach that dps, will have enough resources to solve his mana problems.

Maybe he'll be worried at the beginning for his lost dps, but once he test he can kill single mobs at a good rate, I doubt he want to drop Melee Splash.
"
Xiaoyen wrote:
I REALLY need to get that multistrike gem. But for 1 GCP/4 Chaos, it's kinda out of my wallet now. Am getting stumped farming for just CHROMS for the right sockets on my new shield!!

Hehe I bought a Multistrike gem some days ago for 1gcp + 1 chaos and sold yesterday at 1gcp + 3 chaos.

Farm blue items, identify them, so you can get alterations.
Then offer 8 fusing (64 alterations) for a Multistrike gem.
Hope it works, that gems are quite demanded.
"
kahoraho wrote:
"
Xiaoyen wrote:

Hehe I bought a Multistrike gem some days ago for 1gcp + 1 chaos and sold yesterday at 1gcp + 3 chaos.

Farm blue items, identify them, so you can get alterations.
Then offer 8 fusing (64 alterations) for a Multistrike gem.
Hope it works, that gems are quite demanded.

Ooo thanks for the tip. Problem is I start running out of Scrolls of Wisdoms!! ><
You can trade your Portal to Wisdom on the npc, ratio is 1:1
Or the items that improve your armour (1:2) or the items that improve your weapons (1:4)
I don't remember the names of these items nor the exact trading ratio. But you can sell them to vendor and he will give you wisdom scrolls.

If you want to have tons of wisdom, spam Trade channel, offer one fusing / alchemy for 100 wisdom.
I've done this deal with more than three different guys.
@ Sovyn

Really nice guide, will try this build with my templar. I don't have any 1-hand + shield character yet :)

But there is one point i'm not sure about. Do you think loosing 16% inc. max. life (2 nodes) in the duelist tree (near the "master of the arena"-node) has large impact on the survivability?

This two points could be specced into the ranger tree to get the "weapon artistry" node (2 nodes from "precise interception" and so you can get 4% additional shield block chance, 30% inc. phys. damage and 20 dex instead.
Do you think that's worth it?
As I was leveled when my build was reseted, I didn't pull Bulwark nor Weight Lift (both on the intelligence path).
Instead I pulled Weapon Artistry and some block nodes when you get close to the duelist area.

But if you are a low level, Bulwark could be very effective to have a lot of block chance. Those nodes are pure block chance, no mix with block recovery or increased defences from shield.

My actual build is really close to what Sovyn propose.

Spoiler
Last edited by kahoraho on Jul 29, 2013, 3:20:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info