[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Awoudex wrote:
Currently i'm alt-spamming jewels till i get block+chaos resist, then regal+vaal them, though i think getting those nodes and getting jewels with damage modifiers is much easier. Your thoughts?

Typically, as with any gear, unless you are strictly self-found, it's always better to trade for what you need on poe.trade. A very good jewel should cost no more than 10-15 chaos. I'm not saying that you will find it for sale right away, but you will.

The build is definitely a crit build for the last year or two(?), modestly of course, since we are not shadows. Thanks for posting your thoughts.

I'm not strictly self-found, but my hate for how trade is hardly facilitated in this game is sufficient to rather craft myself. Same goes for a glass cannon-like ranger TS build i have currently. I found a drillneck myself and before that i've spent hundreds of chances on quivers to get one. It made it possible to do 3 tiers higher maps as nothing could come close enough except bosses and rares.

I hope you won't make it more gear dependant than it already is so people like me who really dislike trading, can still use the build without sacrificing too much of the laziness.

cheers
-Something in the way
"
Awoudex wrote:
I hope you won't make it more gear dependant than it already is so people like me who really dislike trading, can still use the build without sacrificing too much of the laziness.

I'll definitely keep an eye on craftable rares-only and common uniques going forward. The bringer of rain, romira's and rainbows are somewhat uncommon to find, but I think most of us have found a stone of lazhwar or anvil, Scaeva, lioneye's remorse and meginord's girdle and the build is pretty good with just those along with a 5-link chest (I have found a few).
Hi Sovyn,

Enjoying the build so far. When you have time can you look at my char _NailDriver_ and make any recommendations to improve. Really only the second build I've done as I'm still new.

thanks!
"
kevinhays wrote:
Hi Sovyn,

Enjoying the build so far. When you have time can you look at my char _NailDriver_ and make any recommendations to improve. Really only the second build I've done as I'm still new.

thanks!

On the tree, you would definately want to get testudo long before a lot of those other things.

Flasks, you need a staunching.

gloves, both rings, belt, I would replace with items similar to the budget setup in the guide.

Boots, you can go for rainbows for the spell block or a rare with high life.

Helm, you can either go with a bringer of rain or a high life rare.
Thanks Sovyn!

I'll keep that in mind on the Testudo and I've got a rare helm right now with high life and spell resist's, but I wasn't sure since it dropped my armor down by like 2400. I'll see if I can't get them replaced one by one :)

On the Bringer of Rain, how will that affect my chest piece which has BF in it?

Thanks again,

Kevin
"
kevinhays wrote:

You have the option of using a bringer of rain or a 6-link chest. The bringer of rain tends to be what I use in the budget setup, it's not expensive to try it - 5 chaos for a decent one, last I checked. It has nice chunk of physical damage which tends to be better until you have all 20/20 gems.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
kevinhays wrote:

You have the option of using a bringer of rain or a 6-link chest. The bringer of rain tends to be what I use in the budget setup, it's not expensive to try it - 5 chaos for a decent one, last I checked. It has nice chunk of physical damage which tends to be better until you have all 20/20 gems.

Ahhhh, OK. Yeah that's no problem then. Thanks for the tips!

Kevin
In the new patch notes it looks like Earth Quake is getting its AOE nerfed. Does this combined with IceCrashes slight damage buff push IceCrash to to the front of the line?
"
jackal917 wrote:
Does this combined with IceCrashes slight damage buff push IceCrash to to the front of the line?

Ice Crash was already slightly faster at killing monsters than earthquake, so yes. The only issue with ice crash is elemental reflect will kill you, especially in parties. For a while there, I ran level 20 purity of ice with aegis for the high cold resistance to combat that problem. I was still doing enough burst damage that it could be unsafe. In that sense, earthquake is safer. For overall safety, blade flurry is clearly the best.
Last edited by Sovyn on Mar 1, 2017, 6:18:26 PM
But flurry is getting nerfed as well, so.. Also its only EQ's initial hit thats getting nerfed, not the secondary shockwave - by 2 points no less. Sorry I've been on EQ since I started this build, bit of a fanboy ;)

I would switch to ice crash if its far and away the better skill though, at least its the same general style. Being able to hit the ground and trigger the skill is something I use quite a lot.
Last edited by velcroshooz on Mar 2, 2017, 8:09:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info