[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

How does this build do against guardians and shaper? Any videos?
"
Wargra wrote:
I have been trying to follow this build any suggestions TO "INCREASE MY DAMAGE"

Wargra, There are a lot of things you can do.

Bringer of Rain / Tabula Rasa / 6-link chest of any kind

Melee Damage on Full life -> Physical to Lighting or Faster Attacks or Increased Area of Effect (effective increased damage because it clears faster on average) or Concentrated

(full life only works reliably with aegis)

Blood Rage since you don't use an aegis

Elemental damage ring / belt / amulet to physical damage ring / belt (meginord's girdle is fine) / amulet. We don't scale our damage from elemental.

Physical damage or attack speed gloves

Blunt instument is a (semi) waste of 3 skill points that you can get damage from elsewhere

Copying my budget setup closely would be a big boost for you.
"
dyuloose wrote:
How does this build do against guardians and shaper? Any videos?

Haven't had time to test new content in a while. Last thing I did was uber Izaro (pushover). Guardians shouldn't be a problem for a skilled player at all. Shaper may require good gear as I hear there is a DPS check in the fight.
I'm thinking of dropping Cast when Damage Taken and manually casting Tempest Shield when I feel the need. What do you think about this? I can have it up when I want it and not worry about it triggering at the right time.
Last edited by Tobrokke on Feb 4, 2017, 10:57:49 AM
"
Tobrokke wrote:
I'm thinking of dropping Cast when Damage Taken and manually casting Tempest Shield manually when I feel the need. What do you think about this? I can have it up when I want it and not worry about it triggering at the right time.

That's fine, you would get the benefit of a bit more TS lightning damage from a level 20 gem. However, I think that level 1 CWDT does a pretty good job of keeping it up all the time in combat, at least when things are challenging at all. If I'm steamrolling, it doesn't matter anyway.
Am I crazy or did the build go into galvanic hammer at some point? Has the final tree changed? I haven't lvled in a bit and now im not seeing it on the final build tree. If so I've got like 7 nodes I can respec.
Hello, Sovyn!
Is the level of gems listed in the "My Current Gear - Premium Setup" is what we actually have to use? For example, Shield Charge and Fortify are both level 19 instead of 20. Is there some meaning behind that?
To put it more generally, are there any skill gems level constrains except for the Cast when Damage Taken?
Thank you for the guide. I am super low level right now, but your guide is helping me progress.
"
asyoucan wrote:
Hello, Sovyn!
Is the level of gems listed in the "My Current Gear - Premium Setup" is what we actually have to use? For example, Shield Charge and Fortify are both level 19 instead of 20. Is there some meaning behind that?
To put it more generally, are there any skill gems level constrains except for the Cast when Damage Taken?

It just takes ridiculously long time to level a gem from 19 to 20. I have been leveling the same gem since the beginning, but I don't have a single gem at level 20. My Character is at level 84.

If you look at the wiki, it takes a lot more XP to level a gem from 19-20 than to level a gem from 1-19.

For Shield Charge: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shield_Charge

129,975,376 to get from Level 1 to Level 19

212,051,599 to get from Level 19 to Level 20. Almost double!

Last edited by Tobrokke on Feb 5, 2017, 11:08:11 AM
"
velcroshooz wrote:
Am I crazy or did the build go into galvanic hammer at some point? Has the final tree changed? I haven't lvled in a bit and now im not seeing it on the final build tree. If so I've got like 7 nodes I can respec.

I did change the tree a while back, just before 2.5, to be compatible with more skills, e.g. blade flurry. This is consistent with long held goal of the build working with most any skill.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info