[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
jimoc wrote:
Which got me thinking,
did you consider Shield Charge itself when you were looking at the attack skills to use?
I'm thinking, at least for the lower levels, that it might be feasible to use, but I have no idea what its going to be like at the higher levels.

It's fine through around tier 9 maps, after that, not quite as good as other skills.

You can read more about it here. You can see he uses ancestral warchief to kill bosses.
Last edited by Sovyn on Dec 12, 2016, 2:19:19 PM
Good build, good guide.

"
Sovyn wrote:
Note that aegis may not be even a noticeable survivability boost with this build, in my experience.
Has your opinion changed since you posted this?

Can you list any recommended Helm/Boot/ enchantments?
Would it be worth the currency to use CurseonHit-enchanted gloves in order to gain another gem slot?

As a Full Block build, why not Gladiator?

Questions for your premium (Aegis) example:
1. Can you please show your flasks?
2. Does a Granite (+3000 Armor) Flask with Aegis function as a pseudo Life flask due to the ES leech?
3. Which BF support gem would I drop if I wanted to use Increased AOE (not just blue due to PhysToLtng)?
On HC Breech league would this be a cheap viable end game build?

When I say cheap talking about to do like, t10+ maps for under an exalt
Bandits?
"
tainium wrote:
Good build, good guide.

"
Sovyn wrote:
Note that aegis may not be even a noticeable survivability boost with this build, in my experience.
Has your opinion changed since you posted this?

Can you list any recommended Helm/Boot/ enchantments?
Would it be worth the currency to use CurseonHit-enchanted gloves in order to gain another gem slot?

Questions for your premium (Aegis) example:
1. Can you please show your flasks?
2. Does a Granite (+3000 Armor) Flask with Aegis function as a pseudo Life flask due to the ES leech?
3. Which BF support gem would I drop if I wanted to use Increased AOE (not just blue due to PhysToLtng)?

I think aegis is decent choice, weather you notice it or not, might depend on the person. The main advantage is having 800 more effective life at least some of the time to mitigate one-shots slightly.

Helm, get one for your attack skill, poor chance though. Boots, the dodge or crit is nice but any except anti-stun are useful.

Flasks are same as budget which is why I didn't post them, but you could add a taste of hate if rich.

Granite of iron skin is huge with aegis, only real source of armour to make aegis work. 140es/block without, 340 with.

Drop added fire or faster attacks.
"
On HC Breech league would this be a cheap viable end game build?

When I say cheap talking about to do like, t10+ maps for under an exalt

It's pretty easy to get a tabula free with div cards now, and a Scaeva is like one fuse. So, yes, way under an exalt. Should know about all the things that one-shot budget builds first, a partial list is in the FAQ.
"
Chimmy81 wrote:
Bandits?

it's in the FAQ, but just take the points IMO.
"
tainium wrote:

Forgot to answer this. It's been asked many times. :)

This build far predates ascendancy classes, but Inquisitor is a good choice for damage. Inquisitor ties in well because the majority of damage is elemental and bypassing resistances is a big deal. You would probably clear areas a bit slower as a Gladiator. The few extra damage nodes you can get instead of block nodes wouldn't be significant at all. I max both block types anyway. Plus, Gladiator block isn't up all the time so it's not as good because you have to take a hit first.

Just IMO.
Nevermind
Last edited by Chimmy81 on Dec 13, 2016, 12:14:19 AM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
jimoc wrote:
Which got me thinking,
did you consider Shield Charge itself when you were looking at the attack skills to use?
I'm thinking, at least for the lower levels, that it might be feasible to use, but I have no idea what its going to be like at the higher levels.

It's fine through around tier 9 maps, after that, not quite as good as other skills.

You can read more about it here. You can see he uses ancestral warchief to kill bosses.
For a Shield Charge build, check out this guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1482301/page/1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info