[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Pr3dator_BR wrote:
Hello, I am very discouraged and thinking of stop playing. I do not know what to do, I followed much of the Guide and I'm dying too.

I ask you please rate my gear (open, char Velho_RS) and my build (put points in life leech, because I'm losing a lot of life). This became increasingly difficult level, kill T6 + chiefs, clean areas t9 +.

Don't be discouraged. I crush all maps, you can too. Certainly all trash clearing even in top maps is fast and zero risk as long as you watch out for reflect and flame bearers and such but that's a risk with most builds. As with any build, some bosses may be challenging but skip-able. The game is meant to be a little bit hardcore after all. This is a low budget build too, but it really performs above the budget level.

You should swap added fire for weapon elemental damage in that ice crash link.

Most importantly, you need to fix your fire resistances, 66% is not good.

You need life on your belt.

A 2% block stone of lazhwar wouldn't hurt.

You can switch elemental weakness to enfeeble.

Try to integrate romira's and max all your resists. May need a decent resist jewel or two. Just see my current gear section, you can just copy it more or less and be successful. Note that the corruption on the shield and the exact stats on the gloves and rare ring are nice finds, but you won't need gear that perfect to rock the house. Got to have something to work toward, right? Good luck!
Last edited by Sovyn on Sep 26, 2016, 12:29:37 AM
"
Chubsmagee wrote:
Hey Sovyn, I just started mapping with your build and noticed that elemental reflection maps are near impossible to run (I end up killing myself). Any tips on how to deal with elemental reflect maps?

Carry an alternate set of gems for elemental reflect maps. Something like earthquake - less duration - increased area of effect - concentrated effect should be fine, and swap hatred for haste or something.
"
Chubsmagee wrote:
Hey Sovyn, I just started mapping with your build and noticed that elemental reflection maps are near impossible to run (I end up killing myself). Any tips on how to deal with elemental reflect maps?

If you're using EQ, ditch Added Fire Damage and Weapon Elemental Damage (or Phys to Lightning if that's what you're using) and use physical gems.

Swap out Herald of Ash and Hatred or whatever other elemental aura you're using for something like Haste or whatever. Could also use blasphemy + warlord's mark for the leech if you're using Ice Crash though I don't know how well that works.

I generally just skip reflect maps. Maybe Sovyn has a better solution.

EDIT: Got a question of my own. If I get a Rainbowstride and Lazhwar, I lose a lot of health. Something like 400 health lost. I assume the 75% block chance applied to spell block is worth it?
Last edited by tyranius on Sep 26, 2016, 2:07:13 PM
"
tyranius wrote:
EDIT: Got a question of my own. If I get a Rainbowstride and Lazhwar, I lose a lot of health. Something like 400 health lost. I assume the 75% block chance applied to spell block is worth it?

Yes, it is. A little block is worth thousands of EHP (effective health pool). For example, the difference between 50 block and 75 block is worth around 8400 EHP. There's always the very small chance that a one-shot hit would get through and be within the 400 life range. Usually it would be more or less, so the difference in life would be moot.
Have you been able to do uber lab with this build?
Hey Sovyn i am playing with this build since 1.1 and i am always trying to find a way to make this build better. 99% of time there is nothing else i can do to make it better because you maximize the efficiency with your tree/gems/items and thanks for that my friend.
Since 2.4 i notice a lot of changes and i did find some ways to improve the build a lil bit more.
Here some thoughts which i would like to hear your opinion.

If you Chromatic your Doryanis to R/G/G and put Herald of ash/Hatred/Vaal Haste
you get 1st an extra buff of vaal haste and 2nd Herald of ash works perfectly fine with elemental proliferation which is supported automatic with doryanis, this increase your clearing speed by a lot.

Then you go for R/R/R Shield with the new Ancestral Warchief/Fortify/Leap Slam(or Shield Charge)
1st you get the buff from the totem which increases your dps around 10k-20k plus the nice AOE the totem does by himself and second you got fortify for your self and for totem to last longer which means more p. defense for us. (BTW the totem itself can carry really hard bosses that you cant handle. Just place totems and run and repeat. it has around 10k tooltip dps)

I dont know why you remove that. that was awesome. 3 more endurance charges are never bad.

You dont need more skills to apply curses Reckoning itself can apply to everything around you plus you can blind.

Lastly is the buff that 2.4 patch gave to Wild Strike. You should try that. The clearing speed of that skill is really really good. its not just a skill for hall of fame. when you try it there is a high probability to make it your main. which you can use it like you do now with 3R/2B/1G Or With 4R/2G like i do( i like 2 greens because works well with elemental reflect maps. i swich to cyclone, remove multistrike for blood magic and vaal haste at doryanis for Herald of Ice). plus if you finally go with that skill you can remove the 2 points of amplify to add it wherever you like.(you can keep it too because of the explosions but its your choice).

And now i have to really sorry for that long post but i really want to know your opinion because i follow you all this years and i respect you.
Edit: since i am playing a Scion version of your build you can see my tree so you can post it as an scion version if you like it.
Last edited by sockgr on Sep 27, 2016, 5:45:24 PM
"
tyranius wrote:
Have you been able to do uber lab with this build?

Yes, you can, on standard or essence.
"
sockgr wrote:
Since 2.4 i notice a lot of changes and i did find some ways to improve the build a lil bit more.

sockgr, hi, hope you are well.

All decent ideas.

I tried proliferation on herald of ash and didn't notice anything in terms of improved clear speed. It did leave me with less mana available though, which I suppose wouldn't be a problem now with my new skill tree (mana leech node, never run out anymore). Oh, well, perhaps fewer shield charges through linear maps, so there may be *some* downside to having less mana. Overall, I feel no need to change the gems around here.

Vaal Haste - fine, but I don't use anything that's manually activated in this build. You can if you want!

Same with totems.....

... I do like faster attacks on my movemewnt skill for some maps, that's a difference you can notice.

Bringer of Rain generates endurance charges about as well as the stun setup for trash clearing (the old setup is still mentioned in the guide, I think, for those not using BoR). Bringer of Rain generates endurance charges much better for bosses, which usually can't be stunned without the whole build revolving around stuns.

Wild strike looks neat and kills monsters but there is not a chance in the world that it would beat earthquake or ice crash on a carefully timed clear test. Unfortunately. Not that it's bad or anything, it's just going to take an extra minute to finish a map.
Ok thanks for the advises.
i believe wild strike is something that need to be mentioned though.
thx for quick answering.
Alright, got my Doryani's and it's kicking ass. I'm still using EQ with Melee Phys Damage - Less Duration - Added Fire Damage - Inc Aoe / Conc Effect for bosses.

Is Physical to Lightning better than Added Fire damage? Assuming I'm not gonna be using Weapon Elemental Damage [unless I swap out another gem for WED].

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info