[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Is Aegis Aurora viable in this build :)?
"
SigmaBlack wrote:
I don't know if this has been asked before (it surelly was, but I'm not gonna look at 570 pages just to know that xDDD), but how do you feel about Daresso's Defiance?

Btw, another good weapon option for late Cruel/Merciless and low maps, when you don't have a good rare, is Hyaon's Fury.

Finally, a question: I know you put different options on end-game attack skill, but I'm someone who doesn't like having that much options if I could just stay with the bests.

Daresso's Defiance is fine but as with any chest, a 6-link is a lot more expensive than a bringer of rain and will also mean that it will be a lot more difficult to max block without losing a bunch of dps to do it.

Hyaon's Fury has always been really unimpressive as the attack skills we use scale on physical damage from the weapon and skill tree nodes.

You can check my current gear section for what I'm using now with Ice Crash. Earthquake is good too. Check the guide for that.
"
fumchum wrote:
Hi, i'm using this build as a templar in HC.

I'm not that deep into PoE meta and i would like to know which defensive gems you would recommend. I know you're suggesting Reckoning, Vengeance and Riposte, but i still dont know how these gems work exactly. Right now i'm using Riposte and Vengeance. Vengeance linked with Stun->Endurance Charge on Melee Stun. For Riposte i can't say which links i should use and why Riposte is better/worse than Reckoning?
Since Vengeance is based on counter-attack and the other 2 on blocking i think it's good to have Vengeance and 1 of the other 2.
(in addition i'm using CwDt->TempestShield)

Long story, short question: Which defensive gems with which links and why?

Thanks for the build : )

Lot of options, but see my current gear section on page 1 for my setup.

Counter attacks are basically free hits that you get on the monster when certain conditions are met. I use them with curse on hit to curse the monsters. Vengeance and Reckoning are good for that because these are AOE attacks, so all monsters in the AOE area will get cursed. Riposte is just a little extra dps, optional. If you don't have bringer of rain you can use the counter-attacks to get endurance charges with stuns (Riposte is good here as it hits hard) and put your curse on CWDT (it won't get applied much though) or drop herald of ash and use blasphemy support for full curse coverage.

Hope this helps.
"
dschelske wrote:

Yes, use your web browser's find function on the first page of this thread, there are mentions of how to use aegis throughout the guide.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
dschelske wrote:

Yes, use your web browser's find function on the first page of this thread, there are mentions of how to use aegis throughout the guide.

ty :)!

There is 1 big advantage to have this build.

It's lab viable!

You can start farming lab to improve the toon or funds all your other project.

It's not for everyone as farming lab is hard but its very profitable.

It starts slow but as you make and make currency, you improve it to make even more currency.

I did prolly 500+ lab and amassed very good currency. It's more profitable in std but can be done in league as well.

Hi Sovyn

First of all thanks for the build: I love the concept and I have been waiting for the start of the new league(2.4) to try.I hope to be able to give feedback in the future.

I would have some doubts:

1) Why you prefer Lioneye's Remorse to Aegis Aurora ?
2) Why with the Aegis tips to use Molten shell instead of Blood rage ?
3) Without considering the economic aspect, it is better to use the setup with rare helmet instead The Bringer of Rain?
Because I think that the use of The Bringer of Rain give me problems for defensive stats (also considering the absence of the chest armour )
4) If I chose the setup with rare helmet (so without The Bringer of Rain) such gems should I use?
Excluding the primary attack skill link (I chose ice crash, 6L), CWDT (4L), reckoning (4L) and shield charge (3L),because i think are essential and without doubt.

Thanks for the help
Last edited by DFGemini on Sep 24, 2016, 9:47:29 AM
Hello, I am very discouraged and thinking of stop playing. I do not know what to do, I followed much of the Guide and I'm dying too.

I ask you please rate my gear (open, char Velho_RS) and my build (put points in life leech, because I'm losing a lot of life). This became increasingly difficult level, kill T6 + chiefs, clean areas t9 +.

I used Ice Crash main skill to clean areas (found more effective than earthquake) and some leaders use Static Strike.

With Ice Crash - no buffs

Attack Normal - no buffs

Ice Crash - BoR (Ice Crash, Added Fire Damage Support, Elemental Focus Support, Physical to Lightning) + Atziri's Promise flask, Lion's Roar flask, Hatred, Herald of Ash, Blood Rage, Fire Golem, 3 Frenzy charges, 3 Power charges.

Ice Crash - Hatred, Herald of Ash

Charges - no buffs

Defense - no buffs (fire resist its ok ago, 75)

I look forward suggestions, please help me.
Thank you so much
"
DFGemini wrote:

1) Why you prefer Lioneye's Remorse to Aegis Aurora ?
2) Why with the Aegis tips to use Molten shell instead of Blood rage ?
3) Without considering the economic aspect, it is better to use the setup with rare helmet instead The Bringer of Rain?
Because I think that the use of The Bringer of Rain give me problems for defensive stats (also considering the absence of the chest armour )
4) If I chose the setup with rare helmet (so without The Bringer of Rain) such gems should I use?
Excluding the primary attack skill link (I chose ice crash, 6L), CWDT (4L), reckoning (4L) and shield charge (3L),because i think are essential and without doubt.

1) Lioneye's is much less expensive and provides a lot of armour and some life. I tend to try to use gear anyone can afford.

2) You wouldn't use blood rage with aegis because blood rage will deplete your energy shield, which makes aegis useless. See the gem. "You take 4% of your Maximum Energy Shield per second as Physical Damage" Thus, without blood rage, the aegis version has lower overall dps than the lioneye's version of the build.

3) You can get quite a bit of energy shield from a helmet, which is all right with aegis but you do get decent armour from BoR which aegis would benefit from as well. With BoR, you will have some evasion, so aegis won't work when you evade... I think it's better to evade and not take the hit to begin with. Without BoR, it could be more expensive to max block. Not that 2-3 block short of cap would hurt much. Unless you have all 20/20 gems on your 6-link, BoR will provide higher dps due to the "Adds 20 to 30 Physical Damage to Attacks". So the non-BoR setup cost is higher and slower to achieve best results.
You can use a granite flask with aegis / BoR to get your armour up, but the chest/helm instead of BoR would give you a bit more armour overall.

4) You would use the spare 4-link to generate endurance charges since you wouldn't have BoR doing that for you. Endurance charge on melee stun - stun - riposte - vengeance.
Hey Sovyn, I just started mapping with your build and noticed that elemental reflection maps are near impossible to run (I end up killing myself). Any tips on how to deal with elemental reflect maps?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info