[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
bagdet45 wrote:
My skills are not maxed, but my buddies still do more damage with items much worse. :(

Try putting faster attacks instead of fortify on main attack skill. Use fortify on leap slam as an opener.

260 pdps rare is not good for level 75, get a doryani's for 10 chaos.

Also try my earthquake combo from the guide. EQ - phys to light - melee phys - WED - less duration and faster or fire
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
bagdet45 wrote:
My skills are not maxed, but my buddies still do more damage with items much worse. :(

Try putting faster attacks instead of fortify on main attack skill. Use fortify on leap slam as an opener.

260 pdps rare is not good for level 75, get a doryani's for 10 chaos.

Also try my earthquake combo from the guide. EQ - phys to light - melee phys - WED - less duration and faster or fire

Well, a Doryani's costs an exalted or more on HC Perandus and I don't have that pocket money :(
Still, thanks for the suggestion! I try that today.
Last edited by bagdet45 on May 2, 2016, 9:30:01 AM
"
bagdet45 wrote:
Well, a Doryani's costs an exalted or more on HC Perandus and I don't have that pocket money :(
Still, thanks for the suggestion! I try that today.

Ah I see. Well your friends are probably more likely to die than you are, block is a huge effective life pool. Still, be careful out there. BTW, 18K tooltip in hideout (no flask) is actually pretty decent for level 75. But try EQ and see if you like it better. Should kill packs a little faster just not the bosses.
"
Sovyn wrote:

Ah I see. Well your friends are probably more likely to die than you are, block is a huge effective life pool. Still, be careful out there. BTW, 18K tooltip in hideout (no flask) is actually pretty decent for level 75. But try EQ and see if you like it better. Should kill packs a little faster just not the bosses.

Switched some support gems for Phys to Lightning and Faster Attacks (cant use EQ with sword) and got 22k Tooltip DPS with Hatred and HoAsh.

Tried a T6 Map with Piety (from Crematorium), but could not even remotely defeat her...
She's doing too much damage o.O

Is my gear just not enough or am I doing too many mistakes?
I have like 3,5k Health, ~60% Block and ~40% Spell Block, 9k Armour, 75% Elemental Resistances and -40% Chaos.
"
bagdet45 wrote:
Tried a T6 Map with Piety (from Crematorium), but could not even remotely defeat her...
She's doing too much damage o.O

Temple is one of the hardest bosses, most people skip the boss on that map. Most hardcore players would definitely skip. You can do with level 20 purity of lightning, 70 spell block (easy and cheap to get at least that much) and maybe topaz flask to make sure. Keep fortify up. She should go down in about 5 seconds.
Okay I am looking for a bit of advise. This is my current gear ...

Now I think that for the moment and for most items I am still okay. The gloves could be replaced but so far I have not found one that I think is good enough to replace the current gloves.

The advise I am looking for is more towards the weapon. For most enemies so far in Merciless it still works pretty good with the EQ combo. But I hat a few moments where I thought ... would it be better to finally try my first trade ever in PoE to get a better weapon. I looked at two weapons mentioned by Sovyn in the OP.

Now my Inquisitor is currently level 72, so the advise I am looking for is this. Would it be reasonable to first look at and buy a Callinellus Malleus, or try to wait to level 75/76 and then try to buy a cheap Doryani's Catalyst? ( I mention cheap because I am not rich as many others here ... yet. )
"
Fessels2903 wrote:

Now my Inquisitor is currently level 72, so the advise I am looking for is this. Would it be reasonable to first look at and buy a Callinellus Malleus, or try to wait to level 75/76 and then try to buy a cheap Doryani's Catalyst? ( I mention cheap because I am not rich as many others here ... yet. )

3-4 chaos for a Bringer of Rain. Then a few chaos for resists + life belt, ring (replace Mind Twirl, get life, mana leech), jewels to fill in the resists. An alchemy for a lioneye's remorse.

First, learn how to use poe.trade search functions. Can't really play PoE properly without it IMO.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Fessels2903 wrote:

3-4 chaos for a Bringer of Rain. Then a few chaos for resists + life belt, ring (replace Mind Twirl, get life, mana leech), jewels to fill in the resists. An alchemy for a lioneye's remorse.

First, learn how to use poe.trade search functions. Can't really play PoE properly without it IMO.

So I guess you mean to first go for the items you mentioned, and then for the weapon? Guess that makes sense, since it will be a while before I reach the nodes that increase the use of Maces. Thank you Sovyn.
"
Fessels2903 wrote:
So I guess you mean to first go for the items you mentioned, and then for the weapon? Guess that makes sense, since it will be a while before I reach the nodes that increase the use of Maces. Thank you Sovyn.

Not really that, obviously doryani's would be a big upgrade, it's just you are only on a 4-link which is anemic, plus you can actually equip the items I mentioned right away.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Fessels2903 wrote:

Not really that, obviously doryani's would be a big upgrade, it's just you are only on a 4-link which is anemic, plus you can actually equip the items I mentioned right away.

Ah I see, thank you Sovyn.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info