[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Dhrakken wrote:
That is one thing I've noticed as well, leap slam is a lot more consistent with proc'ing fortify than shield charge is.

That's because leap has an AOE to it and so fortify will happen if you land anywhere near a monster, whereas with shield charge you have to actually click directly on a monster (it's not an AOE skill). Whirling blades combines the best of both, a low animation time chainable linear movement with an AOE component. Unfortunately it won't work with Doryani's which is the only affordable weapon GGG has allowed us.
Yeah, I had to switch back. Shield Charge is as terrible as it's ever been.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
Any chance you'll consider making a duelist version of this build when Ascendancy comes out? The Gladiator path seems insane for a block build, with that 100% of block chance applied to spells node...

I've absolutely loved this build every time I've run it by the way, thanks for the guide!
Have You guys ever tried Lightning Strike with this build? It gives me a bit better damage output and its much more safe against bosses, also You clear maps with this like crazy.
"
soolar121 wrote:
Any chance you'll consider making a duelist version of this build when Ascendancy comes out? The Gladiator path seems insane for a block build, with that 100% of block chance applied to spells node...

I've absolutely loved this build every time I've run it by the way, thanks for the guide!

No but it will be very easy to adapt for Duelist as it is now, you just take three dex nodes at the start off the right side of the duelist instead of the three strength nodes over at Templar, everything else is the same. I don't think that 100% spell block node will go live like that, and we haven't seen the Templar Ascendancy classes yet. Glad you enjoyed the build.
"
Mynio wrote:
Have You guys ever tried Lightning Strike with this build? It gives me a bit better damage output and its much more safe against bosses, also You clear maps with this like crazy.

I have tried it many times including the 2.1 incarnation and it certainly kills monsters but the good supports don't work with both the direct melee hit and the projectiles making it seem like a bit of a waste. (The tooltip is for the direct hit only which applies just to the monster you actually click on, not the projectiles.) Plus I don't care for riding the shift key all the time which is required to make the most of it. Also, cone shaped AOE does not hit monsters behind me, having to turn around to get the guy beating on my back side is a waste of time that you don't have with circular skills. Finally it won't touch the DPS of static strike with this build (I'm sitting at 160K DPS and much of that applies in a full circle).
Last edited by Sovyn on Jan 29, 2016, 4:10:47 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Mynio wrote:

I have tried it many times including the 2.1 incarnation and it certainly kills monsters but the good supports don't work with both the direct melee hit and the projectiles making it seem like a bit of a waste. (The tooltip is for the direct hit only which applies just to the monster you actually click on, not the projectiles.) Plus I don't care for riding the shift key all the time which is required to make the most of it. Also, cone shaped AOE does not hit monsters behind me, having to turn around to get the guy beating on my back side is a waste of time that you don't have with circular skills. Finally it won't touch the DPS of static strike with this build (I'm sitting at 160K DPS and much of that applies in a full circle).

Could You update Your gear in the post? I want to be extra sure with the items. I got some alternatives I would like to try, the gear You have in the post right now might be a bit off of what's really happening with mine and I am quite close to Yours. Thank You in the advantage.

Btw...

Belly of The Beast +1,5k hp or Lightning Coil 30% physical damage migration (or legacy 40%)?
Last edited by Mynio on Jan 30, 2016, 8:40:53 AM
Coil would be considered "BiS" for this build, legacy is even better. Belly is still a great choice, but it's hard to beat the physical mitigation of a Coil.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
"
Mynio wrote:
Could You update Your gear in the post? I want to be extra sure with the items. I got some alternatives I would like to try, the gear You have in the post right now might be a bit off of what's really happening with mine and I am quite close to Yours. Thank You in the advantage.

Btw...

Belly of The Beast +1,5k hp or Lightning Coil 30% physical damage migration (or legacy 40%)?

Current gear section is current, scroll all the way down to the second post on the first page.

I use coil for the DPS.... enables the use of an Abyssus so DPS is better with 5-link coil than any other 6-link chest. Have to use Purity of Lightning instead of HoA, still much better. Always looking for cheap gear that provides good offence and defense. I can easily afford a 6-link legacy coil but I am trying to look affordable, and the 5-link coil + abyssus is very effective. If you don't want to use Abyssus, the Belly is the way to go but you will miss out on a lot of damage.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jan 30, 2016, 2:48:49 PM
Just out of pure curiosity, Sovyn -

What other builds do you run? I've traditionally always used a dual flame totem marauder as my MF character, but I'm curious what else you use when you get bored of the old lazy pally and always interested in new ideas.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info