[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Well, I'm finally into mapping and currently at level 75. I'm saving up for a nicely rolled Doryani's and farming crypt for that six linked Astral Plate. Hopefully I can get both those items taken care of by 85 and then re-gear and make the switch to crit. I'll probably pick up a coil after the league ends and rolls into standard, since I have another build that would benefit from it as well.

Overall I'm still super impressed with the build, and the effectiveness of all the counter attacks defensively. Currently running enfeeble, but go back and forth between it and ele-weak. I haven't had too many issues in maps, but merc harvest is still firmly kicking my arse.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
"
Khavali wrote:
merc harvest is still firmly kicking my arse.

You'll get there. Lots of damage helps and a 20 chaos 300 pdps Doryani's will do the trick there. Leveling up the attack skill support gems too, doing maps helps with that. At least a 5-link chest is a given (super cheap as low as 3 chaos in my experience) along with some flat physical on gloves and rings. A 1 chaos Atziri's Promise flask also. Instant life flasks. Practice your own reflexes on something like Dominus making sure to manually avoid everything he's got then you are probably about ready for Malachai.
I've been having excellent success with an ES variant of the build. Here's a quick vid of the T14 Shrine piety fight where I pretty much facetank it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iydFffBH9yc
IGN: Arcsist
Hello and thank you for your guide, it's the best build I've yet to play. :)

One thing that puzzles me, I've just switched to crit but my hit chance is only 88% with golem up.

I have 2k accuracy rating where as you have 3k, I don't understand that difference. I Doryani's sceptre, Romira's ring and a yellow ring with 300 accuracy. That's 100 less than your ring which doesn't explain your 3k accuracy rating..

Thanks
"
phildo wrote:
I've been having excellent success with an ES variant of the build. Here's a quick vid of the T14 Shrine piety fight where I pretty much facetank it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iydFffBH9yc

Well done! Thanks for sharing a video. I'll add it to the first page.
"
Elviscerate wrote:
Hello and thank you for your guide, it's the best build I've yet to play. :)

One thing that puzzles me, I've just switched to crit but my hit chance is only 88% with golem up.

I have 2k accuracy rating where as you have 3k, I don't understand that difference. I Doryani's sceptre, Romira's ring and a yellow ring with 300 accuracy. That's 100 less than your ring which doesn't explain your 3k accuracy rating..

Thanks

Hi Elviscerate, glad you are enjoying.

88% is just fine but the difference is probably from the skill tree, Precision and Galvanic Hammer which you will probably be taking next.
Level 73 and I feel like I've hit a wall with this build... can't get by Dominus. Really want to get to level 75 so I can use Doryani's. I think my DPS is my biggest issue right now. Also, I'm slow as fuck! Lol

Don't mind the corrupted belly, I screwed that up a while back before I really knew what vaal orbs did...

Edit: I really need to look at those rings, they are horrible! Not sure how I missed that... too many builds on the go and so little time!
Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things right now: Jack and shit... and Jack left town.
Last edited by Dhrakken on Jan 19, 2016, 11:25:06 AM
"
Dhrakken wrote:
Level 73 and I feel like I've hit a wall with this build... can't get by Dominus. Really want to get to level 75 so I can use Doryani's. I think my DPS is my biggest issue right now

Edit: I really need to look at those rings, they are horrible! Not sure how I missed that... too many builds on the go and so little time!

As Sovyn stated above, a five link chest is pretty mandatory for anything past act 3 merciless. You probably don't want to give up the belly, but a 5L rare with +life and armor/resists is going to serve you much better until end game.

Incorporating Added Fire is the way to go for that added extra boost, and synergises with Melee Phys and HoA.

When you're replacing those rings, try to retain some form of mana leech as well (% Phys or on hit preferrably) since we don't dip into the duelist nodes. It really makes a difference for maps, especially when you're running those % reduced regen mods.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
Last edited by Khavali on Jan 19, 2016, 6:15:01 PM
"
Khavali wrote:
"
Dhrakken wrote:
Level 73 and I feel like I've hit a wall with this build... can't get by Dominus. Really want to get to level 75 so I can use Doryani's. I think my DPS is my biggest issue right now

As Sovyn stated above, a five link chest is pretty mandatory for anything past act 3 merciless. You probably don't want to give up the belly, but a 5L rare with +life and armor/resists is going to serve you much better until end game.

Incorporating Added Fire is the way to go for that added extra boost, and synergises with Melee Phys and HoA.

When you're replacing those rings, try to retain some form of mana leech as well (% Phys or on hit preferrably) since we don't dip into the duelist nodes. It really makes a difference for maps, especially when you're running those % reduced regen mods.

Thanks, appreciate the feedback!
Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things right now: Jack and shit... and Jack left town.
No problem! One last note... Based on your gloves, I understand you're trying to stack some MF. But if you can afford to do it, I would consider upgrading to a high Phys, high attack speed axe, mace or claw. Camerias is ok, but the Phys % on it is deceiving, - you're missing out on some significant dps with that 1.15 aps base. Something with equivalent Phys % and an attack speed roll would give you a healthy increase in damage along with what I brought up previously.

Happy Blocking ^^
Last edited by Khavali on Jan 19, 2016, 7:17:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info