[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Big fan. Currently playing under xoneL. Check in on me once in awhile.
"
Dumah2123 wrote:
Both thumbs up for this build Sovyn. I'm a newcomer to PoE and this is my 2nd char (ruined 1st as usual :P) and I'm loving it. It's exactly my playstyle and all I wanted from character. Level 86 atm. Got a few questions thou...

1. I have an oprotunity to get Daresso's Defiance (5 linked, 6 socketed) for free.. Can I or can I not utilise it with this build?

2. With Ranbowstride and me picking Diamond skin I'm far above resistance req.s Should I go for life or more damage pieces now?

3. Any for a complete lvl 100 skill tree link? I know its hard to reach it but those 5 points u have left in your talent tree are eating me alive, where to put them, what seems the best?

Once more, great build and great to someone who cares and replys to most of the posts on this huge huge thread.

GO WITH GOD! :D

Grats on level 86. Glad you are enjoying.

1) Yes. Maybe not ideal for keeping endurance charges up but we have many other defenses. The price seems right!

2) Probably want to get rid of diamond skin and spend that point elsewhere then. I don't take diamond skin on the final build so just use that point to grab something from the appropriate progression build. Life is always good. If you don;t yet have a doryani's catalyst that's generally what you want to get first. After that, good life rolls on everything except maybe amulet and boots.

3) When you get there let me know and I'll be happy to help you spend the 5 points. :D Seriously, probably Strong Arm and either Versatility or Heart of Oak.

Go with God too.
Hi

Another question.

1. Immortal call is goodenough skill for Cast When Damage Taken ?

2. How to Fight Arc Crit Witch or Ice nova Witch in PvP ? They have very high Damage Per Sec.

"
klodpeng wrote:

2. How to Fight Arc Crit Witch or Ice nova Witch in PvP ? They have very high Damage Per Sec.

Static Strike is not very good at pvp, it is pretty awful. I pvp sometimes for Leo daily and when I'm actually matched against decent ranged characters/casters at same levels, it is pretty bad.
Finally got around to recording and uploading a vid. Excuse the japanese anime music, I'm quite a anime junkie lol. I think it has small skips/lags here and there since I was playing on lock step and had some stuff running in the background. Ended up taking much longer than I normally do running maps and having ele bearers in every room including the boss room was a bit annoying lol so I advise to skip through parts if you're going to watch it since you probably don't want to watch the whole thing ;) . I guess dungeon maps just take longer in general too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLaBrPg6fio

I really wanted to record and upload a vid when I was using vaal cyclone because it was pretty fun and the mechanics with triple counterattacking/cursing worked pretty good. But now I'm no longer using it because it is just not very smart to use +90 and I had to learn the hard way (quite often)...lol.
Last edited by dezahp on Aug 17, 2015, 6:17:37 AM
"
dezahp wrote:
Finally got around to recording and uploading a vid. Excuse the japanese anime music, I'm quite a anime junkie lol. I think it has small skips/lags here and there since I was playing on lock step and had some stuff running in the background. Ended up taking much longer than I normally do running maps and having ele bearers in every room including the boss room was a bit annoying lol so I advise to skip through parts if you're going to watch it since you probably don't want to watch the whole thing ;) . I guess dungeon maps just take longer in general too.

I really wanted to record and upload a vid when I was using vaal cyclone because it was pretty fun and the mechanics with triple counterattacking/cursing worked pretty good. But now I'm no longer using it because it is just not very smart to use +90 and I had to learn the hard way (quite often)...lol.

Hi, I am just curious how did u get power charge ?
"
peepogummy wrote:

Hi, I am just curious how did u get power charge ?

you get power charges from romira's
"
klodpeng wrote:
Hi

Another question.

1. Immortal call is goodenough skill for Cast When Damage Taken ?

1) yes you can use it but no need really as we have lots of physical mitigation. Never come close to dying from physical. IC requires lots of extra manual steps and timing to make the most of it. Again, probably not worth it for this build as we can reach approx. 90% physical mitigation.

2) Spell block, fast, well-placed leaping. You can win the first round with flasks np but subsequent rounds may go to the spell caster as they often have fast es regen and thus don't rely on flasks. All they have to do is run around a little bit and avoid you. You won't get flask charges which seems unfair to me. Avenger's flasks may help here, untested.
"
dezahp wrote:
Static Strike is not very good at pvp, it is pretty awful. I pvp sometimes for Leo daily and when I'm actually matched against decent ranged characters/casters at same levels, it is pretty bad.

Cyclone should be better for pvp as most targets don't have a ton of physical mitigation and cyclone allows for a fast-paced mobile attack with practice.
"
dezahp wrote:
Finally got around to recording and uploading a vid.

Thanks for sharing this video dezahp! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info