[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Kiristo wrote:
This is a great guide, well maintained and updated. I'm going to turn my 2h static strike Scion into this, as she's still not been re-specced since the Awakening. Scion appears to be the ideal class anyway, wasting the fewest points. Cheers!

It'll certainly be tankier than most 2H builds which is helpful for 2.0 endgame. If you have any questions just let us know!
Can you please look over this and tell me what I need to change? I am 78 and with everything running I am at about 15k DPS. No where near what I feel I should be. Thanks :)

More Q's Sovyn :)
I've noticed you're using elemental weakness in your curse setup. I'm running warlords mark and without it (in no curse maps) I can't maintain my mana at all :S How do you manage it? Using mana pots for those maps or simply shifting in blood magic instead of one damage support gems into your 5/6 link?
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Dumah2123 wrote:
My question is should i stick with golem or try something else in that setup? If yes, what, nothing pops to mind except immortal call which don't need at all :S

Yeah, best we can do is momentary buffs with CWDT in 2.0. Not much else to put there without using manually-activated skills which I am not keen to do. Fortunately we don't need CWDT really, it's just an extra now. The culling idea above sounds neat, have not tested that myself. May be a better option than golem or blood rage (for aegis users, non-aegis users have to use blood rage as the 3 frenzy charges are very good).

Given that the Lazy Pally is now a crit build in its current iteration, I'd suggest manually casting the ice golem with minion life -- shift hatred from the shield to the glove slot and vice versa, and rechrome the shield colors to RGB. The culling strike support to tempest shield is extra flavor really, while ice golem is more essential.

vaal'ed one of my jewels today. was pretty scared that if i might brick my jewel cause there was nothing on else xyz like it that i could buy and replace it lol. i guess the increased 1% mana leech on # of corrupted items isn't so bad. corrupted lioneye's shield and lazhwar. makes me want to vaal my rainbowstrides/helm/gloves now but scared if i brick them as theyre some what valuable and were pretty hard to get lol
"
Saraneth wrote:
Can you please look over this and tell me what I need to change? I am 78 and with everything running I am at about 15k DPS. No where near what I feel I should be. Thanks :)

Hi Saraneth!

15K tooltip is not bad considering your Doryani's is not a great roll, you don't have any quality support gems on your attack skill, no physical damage or attack speed on your rings and gloves and no elemental damage on your belt and only a 5-link chest and you are using one spot for Fortify so it's basically only a 4-link.

You can swap added fire for weapon elemental damage (WED), at the same level WED is better.

Certainly 15K is enough for anything in a solo Merciless difficulty clear except maybe the very end (Malachai).
"
Dumah2123 wrote:
More Q's Sovyn :)
I've noticed you're using elemental weakness in your curse setup. I'm running warlords mark and without it (in no curse maps) I can't maintain my mana at all :S How do you manage it? Using mana pots for those maps or simply shifting in blood magic instead of one damage support gems into your 5/6 link?

0.8% total mana leech from gear is all I need generally, I don't even carry a mana flask. I do swap in blood magic instead of added fire for certain map mods.

Don't forget that veridian jewels with mana leech are another way to solve the mana issue.
So gotta get me more mana leech ^^

Messing around with Vaal Molten shell atm. It's rather good but such a slow recovery :/
Hi Sovyn,

Recently decided to make a facebreaker cyclone build and made some testing with my templar. I was really surprised to see I could sustain cyclone without blood magic with 0.8 leech from my rings... Seems recent changes to leech mechanics was not so bad after all :) I was so excited, and after some theory work, I have made a marauder.. I have taken primal spirit and mana flows nodes as extra and now, I can sustain 6L cyclone with my marauder with just 0.4 mana leech from a jewel or a ring.

I did not have chance to test this with doryani on my templar. I know that you like cyclone but did not decide to use it probably because dps is very low with blood magic... So, I just wanted to share this, incase you want to test it again. I hope it works cause Crit cyclone with max block will be really good I think :)
Last edited by NicholaiHell on Aug 26, 2015, 10:10:03 PM
"
NicholaiHell wrote:
Hi Sovyn,

Recently decided to make a facebreaker cyclone build and made some testing with my templar. I was really surprised to see I could sustain cyclone without blood magic with 0.8 leech from my rings... Seems recent changes to leech mechanics was not so bad after all :) I was so excited, and after some theory work, I have made a marauder.. I have taken primal spirit and mana flows nodes as extra and now, I can sustain 6L cyclone with my marauder with just 0.4 mana leech from a jewel or a ring.

I did not have chance to test this with doryani on my templar. I know that you like cyclone but did not decide to use it probably because dps is very low with blood magic... So, I just wanted to share this, incase you want to test it again. I hope it works cause Crit cyclone with max block will be really good I think :)

Hi NicholaiHell :)

Thanks for sharing your experience. A lot of sustaining cyclone on mana like that comes down to technique. Easy to sustain on long linear cyclones but hard on short rapid cyclones like for bosses. The 4 points you spent on mana could be used for some nice dps nodes. Of course a dps support instead of blood magic is a bit better than 4 dps nodes but it is a factor. Also certain map mods are easier with blood magic support.

They did reduce the mana cost of cyclone in 2.0 which is helping you out here.

Unfortunately the tooltip dps is very low with facebreaker in my tests on the lazy pally build. FAR less than doryani's or any decent weapon really. I still suggest it but probably not for endgame.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info