[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:

Thanks for the data, something to consider -- I think if it's only 10-20% more tooltip DPS than heavy strike that heavy strike may still be better because physical damage is not resisted by the monsters as much as cold damage would be.

sure... its a personal choise(dont forget the knokback. knockack is bad xD.freeze is safer!)
Hi,
I'm playing hardcore Tempest for the first time and I would like to start with this build. Questions :
1. How can I make the build tankier? What does the skills tree look like?
2. Should I use CWDT+IC+EC+ID combo to survive better?

I just don't want to die young...
Thanks
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
bordillo wrote:
First time player here, on merciless act 2 and loving the game. Any tips for where I went wrong in my tree and what pieces of gear I need to improve first?

Hello bordillo :)

As sockgr mentioned you kind of did your own thing with the skill tree, you could for example remove the two strength nodes at the start of the templar, you generally don't want to take two routes to get to the same place as that's considered inefficient.

Also on the duelist block wheel you generally go for the 2% block nodes before the 3/10 dps nodes and stop at retaliation skipping the 3/10's 'till later.

On your gear you need life rolls on chest, helm, gloves, boots, one ring.

Thanks sir, I actually started playing before I ever read this thread, so I was just grabbing life nodes. I might try to reroute it, but I think I essentially reach the same point. Thanks for the advice.

What dps/armor/chaos resist would you shoot for before act 4 merciless?
"
Hi,
I'm playing hardcore Tempest for the first time and I would like to start with this build. Questions :

Thanks

Hi! I too, am playing this build again in Tempest (currently level 71).
i would highly recommend taking the block nodes early. Probably able to take a few more life nodes near/on scion life wheel. However, I would value block>life in the mid game because things can still chunk you for massive hp while block is a consistent addition to your defences. Just my two cents.

Edit: RIP'd to laziness :P
Last edited by andrew8448 on Aug 6, 2015, 9:58:19 PM
"
Hi,

Thanks

Welcome TheHeadsmasher!

1) Arctic Armour instead of Herald of Ash. The skill tree is the same for hardcore. This is already a tank build. No need to go overboard. :)

2) Does not work in 2.0 as warcrys are no longer considered spells. You can put IC on CWDT but better to manually cast as it would have to be up before the big hit to matter as we don't get hit twice in a row that much. Although it obviously goes against the old popular school of thought, I don't think IC is necessary as I already have 90% physical damage reduction with fortify and 3 endurance charges. The only thing that threatens me are DoTs and explosions if not prepared.... not physical. Do check out the FAQ section for more info on what could kill you.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
sockgr wrote:
boss i dont think anemina minara is still a problem...
i have face her around 5-6 times and the summons does not explode anymore...

Still listed as having minion instability on the wiki. Maybe you were just lucky.

I think sockgr is right about this one, Anemina jumped at me from one strongbox and it wasn't after she was dead I realised it's HER and that she should be dangerous.

Well, she wasn't.

It was Merciless with -15% ele resist compared to my current gear.

Suggesting keeping her there with note that she still might be deadly, but most likely isn't.
"
Rahana wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
sockgr wrote:
boss i dont think anemina minara is still a problem...
i have face her around 5-6 times and the summons does not explode anymore...

Still listed as having minion instability on the wiki. Maybe you were just lucky.

I think sockgr is right about this one, Anemina jumped at me from one strongbox and it wasn't after she was dead I realised it's HER and that she should be dangerous.

Well, she wasn't.

It was Merciless with -15% ele resist compared to my current gear.

Suggesting keeping her there with note that she still might be deadly, but most likely isn't.

How recent was this?
"
Kamina100 wrote:

How recent was this?

Yesterday evening, about 14 hours back :)
Question for you. I picked up a 2% block corrupted Lazhwar because it's something I'll ultimately need to get to max block. However, without the Int from the normal Lazhwar I'm not at the 113 I need in order to use Doryani's Catalyst. I'd only be at 103. I don't currently have another source of int on my gear, unless I craft All Attributes on gloves, which isn't great to do. I can spec into an Int node, but I was wondering how you are currently reaching your int requirement. I don't see any int on the gear you listed on the first page. Thanks.
"
Kamina100 wrote:
Question for you. I picked up a 2% block corrupted Lazhwar because it's something I'll ultimately need to get to max block. However, without the Int from the normal Lazhwar I'm not at the 113 I need in order to use Doryani's Catalyst. I'd only be at 103. I don't currently have another source of int on my gear, unless I craft All Attributes on gloves, which isn't great to do. I can spec into an Int node, but I was wondering how you are currently reaching your int requirement. I don't see any int on the gear you listed on the first page. Thanks.

well i am not 100% sure but i thing u only need 1 part of gear that gives int OR just take the +30 int note. better find a ring or helm or gloves IMO

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info