[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Thundderz wrote:
I know but in a situation where you can't really hit others target for some reason, what should i do, remove multistrike only or change to another single target

Oh, if you're talking about things like Vorici missions/Atziri Split phase, I have had success with removing Multistrike and going with Double Strike (personally preference/damage). This is assuming you can have two green sockets and keep up the attack speed. ^_^
"
Thundderz wrote:
Hi Sovyn,

Thanks again for this awesome build im really having a blast with it

I would like to know what do you suggest as a single target skill gem ?

Thanks in advance

just go with glacial hammer bro... u will never regret it... it has the most dps after static
plus its a red gem plus u can freeze the enemy
First time player here, on merciless act 2 and loving the game. Any tips for where I went wrong in my tree and what pieces of gear I need to improve first?
"
bordillo wrote:
First time player here, on merciless act 2 and loving the game. Any tips for where I went wrong in my tree and what pieces of gear I need to improve first?

hey bro your gear looks preaty damn good for your level
just focus on maximazing ur elemental resist.
u can buy a remorse shield and gloves with atk speed for dps

but srsly ur tree looks like a mess.
u have this:

and u suppose to have this:

u need a lot of regrets to fix this bro...

edit: since u are a new player try this site to find the gear you need.
http://poe.trade/
Last edited by sockgr on Aug 6, 2015, 3:41:44 PM
"
Wouldn't Ice Crash also have a place with Facebreakers since its radius isn't dependent on the weapon used?

Yes, absolutely do try that also but Cyclone is probably better. Ice crash failed to impress in all endgame tests I've done.
"
Thundderz wrote:
I know but in a situation where you can't really hit others target for some reason, what should i do, remove multistrike only or change to another single target

For Vorici missions or that one rogue exile use heavy strike or double strike without multi depending on what color gem works better in your chest.
"
sockgr wrote:
just go with glacial hammer bro... u will never regret it... it has the most dps after static

Could be, I haven't tested the single target skills in over a year. I use them so rarely it doesn't really matter. :D
"
bordillo wrote:

Hello bordillo :)

As sockgr mentioned you kind of did your own thing with the skill tree, you could for example remove the two strength nodes at the start of the templar, you generally don't want to take two routes to get to the same place as that's considered inefficient.

Also on the duelist block wheel you generally go for the 2% block nodes before the 3/10 dps nodes and stop at retaliation skipping the 3/10's 'till later.

On your gear you need life rolls on chest, helm, gloves, boots, one ring.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
sockgr wrote:

Could be, I haven't tested the single target skills in over a year. I use them so rarely it doesn't really matter. :D

i have test it on tooltip. it gives more dps than static
but static has explosions so yeah static is like 50% better.
for single we have glacial hammer vs heavy strike with glacial having
around 10-20% more dps because its an elemental conversion skill
that means we maximize the potential of weapon elemental damage support skill
and our weapon's elemental dmg plus we can freeze the enemy.
anyway if this dude needs so badly single target skill this sould be it...
Last edited by sockgr on Aug 6, 2015, 5:16:20 PM
"
sockgr wrote:
i have test it on tooltip. it gives more dps than static
but static has explosions so yeah static is like 50% better.
for single we have glacial hammer vs heavy strike with glacial having
around 10-20% more dps because its an elemental conversion skill
that means we maximize the potential of weapon elemental damage support skill
and our weapon's elemental dmg plus we can freeze the enemy.
anyway if this dude needs so badly single target skill this sould be it...

Thanks for the data, something to consider -- I think if it's only 10-20% more tooltip DPS than heavy strike that heavy strike may still be better because physical damage is not resisted by the monsters as much as cold damage would be.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info