[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

As of now, I've kept my CWDT links at CWDT lvl 8. How has yours been since you've went back to CWDT lvl 1?
"
dezahp wrote:
As of now, I've kept my CWDT links at CWDT lvl 8. How has yours been since you've went back to CWDT lvl 1?

It seems to keep Tempest Shield and Blood Rage up better than higher level CWDT did so I'm happy.
A question about map mods.

I've noticed that there are some map mods that will "nerf" our setup, which can be fatal to a HC character.
It's the mods curse/stun immunity. I feel like enfeeble is crucial against those RNG 1hits and being able to stun is a must(?) to be able to get endurances charges (especially if u have 5+ charges).

Stun immunity - enduring cry manual cast + reckoning (just some extra deeps, would that work when u already have it on curse???)

Curse immunity - no idea what can replace 1R2B socket.

Thoughts?
"
Buiaka wrote:
A question about map mods.

I've noticed that there are some map mods that will "nerf" our setup, which can be fatal to a HC character.
It's the mods curse/stun immunity. I feel like enfeeble is crucial against those RNG 1hits and being able to stun is a must(?) to be able to get endurances charges (especially if u have 5+ charges).

Stun immunity - enduring cry manual cast + reckoning (just some extra deeps, would that work when u already have it on curse???)

Curse immunity - no idea what can replace 1R2B socket.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't worry about the curse. I've never had a problem because a map is curse immune. Skip the boss if worried about it. Odds of getting great loot from boss are slim anyway. Pretty sure most everyone skips the bosses in hardcore anyway. You can cast enduring cry manually in those maps if you feel it's crucial.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 25, 2015, 10:50:26 PM
Updated my current gear and stats section today. The number most of you will be interested in: Peak Calculated DPS 93,148.
"
Sovyn wrote:

I wouldn't worry about the curse. I've never had a problem because a map is curse immune. Skip the boss if worried about it. Odds of getting great loot from boss are slim anyway. Pretty sure most everyone skips the bosses in hardcore anyway. You can cast enduring cry manually in those maps if you feel it's crucial.

Just trying thinking of the min-maxing, using gems that can't be triggered are no good. Was thinking on curse immunity to go innervate+increased aoe -> extra chance to shock and gain onslaught whenever reckoning kills (prob slim?) but better than anything.

On stun immunity to go enduring cry and life gain on hit. Not sure how the life gain on hit would work, but say if vengeance/riposte each hit 10 enemies would that result in 20 hits?? In that case a 20% lvl 20 gem would give instant 1100hp back, sounds almost too awesome....almost so awesome that you might consider doing that setup instead of stun/endurance combo?

edit: nvm, actually need to use BM with enduring cry cause 100% reserved.
Last edited by Buiaka on Jul 25, 2015, 11:59:12 PM
Another tip that you can put under helmet for rich folk is that haku can craft on helmet prefixes 9-12% WEP. Would buff your dps some.
I think you should post a skill tree that is most oriented for HC/tankyness.

This is the final build that im going for:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUBAO4BkQSzBS0GOQkzC2EM9w3NEuEUIBT2FSAZtBo4Gj4blxutHM4e3ycvKk0rUCzpLYMt0i_MMk41kjrYPC09Dz3iPydAoEa3R35I7krITwRPVlBHUWBVqV8_YuxlTWZUZ5toWGhlaPJqAW6qcql07XaseK55OXrve8N8u3zZfuKC5INfg8yE2YTvhXuGO4azidiKr4rkkBGQVZHOl7Sb7KIAouqplayvrj6vbK-nsz-18raKtz677b02vqe-vMBmwL_BgsT2xq7PftE202_TfteW2L3aweIs5FHp1eoY7DjvDu968B_zBvPd9qP3Mvjr-6r-Cv5U

So basically im keeping RT and not speccing in all the dmg/crit nodes that you have at 85+, except Blunt Instrument. This is why i decided to not go for the chaos res/life circle as going 8 skill point isn't worth it.

Instead i'm going for nearby +endurance charges and unyielding (-20% dmg taken from crits). I've noticed that jewels are REALLY good for our builds as you can get like 1% block, 7% max life, chaos/ele res
Last edited by Buiaka on Jul 26, 2015, 12:39:04 AM
"
Buiaka wrote:
On stun immunity to go enduring cry and life gain on hit. Not sure how the life gain on hit would work, but say if vengeance/riposte each hit 10 enemies would that result in 20 hits?? In that case a 20% lvl 20 gem would give instant 1100hp back, sounds almost too awesome....almost so awesome that you might consider doing that setup instead of stun/endurance combo

Riposte only hits one target.

Vengeance can hit multiple targets in a small area around you but each is checked against chance to hit so coverage is not perfect.

I don't think packs are any threat to me no matter what the map mods are so where life gain on hit would be useful (bosses) there would be no noticeable effect.
"
Sovyn wrote:
Updated my current gear and stats section today. The number most of you will be interested in: Peak Calculated DPS 93,148.

Thanks for the update!
Wondering, can you share with me how you get the calculated dps after seeing tool tip dps? I would love to calculate my own. Thank you kindly!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info