[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
nmc09331 wrote:
Taking Oak will make it easier to level, since at lower levels 40 flat life plus % max life you may have is better than 5%. but the convenience of having the point is so great that it can't be ignored.

Right, that's why I give the option, either way is fine. Thanks for mentioning about lower levels I meant to do that but forgot.
"
andrew8448 wrote:
Hey Sovyn, if you do indeed go back to Static Strike as your attack, is it safe to say you will be using:

Static Strike-Multistrike-Faster Attacks-Added Fire Damage-Melee Physical Damage-Fortify(unsure if youre still gonna use movement to apply Fortify)

Wondering what u were using during that Malachai fight.

For my act 4 static strike video I used Static - faster - multi - melee phys - WED - fort

That's only because my chest was already GRRRRR but added fire is a tiny bit more dps so I used a zillion chromes to get my saintly to RRRRRR.

Here's what I have on atm:

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
andrew8448 wrote:
Hey Sovyn, if you do indeed go back to Static Strike as your attack, is it safe to say you will be using:

Static Strike-Multistrike-Faster Attacks-Added Fire Damage-Melee Physical Damage-Fortify(unsure if youre still gonna use movement to apply Fortify)

Wondering what u were using during that Malachai fight.

For my act 4 static strike video I used Static - faster - multi - melee phys - WED - fort

That's only because my chest was already GRRRRR but added fire is a tiny bit more dps so I used a zillion chromes to get my saintly to RRRRRR.

Here's what I have on atm:

Thanks for the share! And yeah, that looks nice. You have like so much speed from gloves anyways ;D
How do you get to a bonus result of 36% additional block chance from your passive skill tree?
Pasting int to poebuilder only shows 27%.
Thanks for replying to me guys it was really helpful. Another thing i don't understand though is the difficulty mechanic and the act resets (normal,cruel,merciless). From what i understand every difficulty u get to make a choice with the bandits and does that stack with the previous choice? If it does based on the numbers calculated by "nmc09331" do I keep picking the passive skill point on other difficulties or another one based on the difficulty?
"
Phayth wrote:
Thanks for replying to me guys it was really helpful. Another thing i don't understand though is the difficulty mechanic and the act resets (normal,cruel,merciless). From what i understand every difficulty u get to make a choice with the bandits and does that stack with the previous choice? If it does based on the numbers calculated by "nmc09331" do I keep picking the passive skill point on other difficulties or another one based on the difficulty?

Hi! And the choice depends on you but for the sake of ease of reallocation it's best to take the passive point each time. There is discussion of taking the life on normal (helping oak) but it also seems the difference isn't that big. Points can go to more impactful things like jewel nodes or damage nodes. Just my opinion. Hope this helps!
hi sovvyn

so since i'm going to be going the resolute technique path and abstaining from any crit gear, i was wondering where else i can allocate those points.

if i counted correctly i will have about 9 extra passives if i skip the galvanic hammer circle and the disembowling circle

i was thinking about going for heart of the oak and aspect of the panther, which would use about 4 passive points

this leaves me with around 5 free points

any idea where i could put these?

maybe lust for carnage? that would use up another 3 points

combat stamina seems like an option as well. that would use 3 points

also maybe the unyeilding circle?

an extra jewel socket for 2 points?

ahhh i'm only level 80 right now but i want to wait until later to get the purity of flesh circle, to try and get some more dps at the moment

so i'm kind of stuck as to where i should put these points

any opinions on which direction i should go?

thanks!
"
Grumpitz wrote:
How do you get to a bonus result of 36% additional block chance from your passive skill tree?
Pasting int to poebuilder only shows 27%.

Hi Grumpitz :) It's news to me that poebuilder has even been updated for 2.0, but some builders break down the shield block and dual wield/shield block nodes into separate lines and that's probably what you are seeing. Also we use 4 jewels at 1% each.
"
Phayth wrote:

There are different rewards for each difficulty level, see the chart here. Generally speaking we can use the skill point for as good or better node on the tree so no point worrying about this. Just kill 'em all.
"
bbmello wrote:
hi sovvyn

so since i'm going to be going the resolute technique path and abstaining from any crit gear, i was wondering where else i can allocate those points.

Once you get to 90+ you will be doing less damage with the RT method but no problem it's your character.

You will want to get Strong Arm first and foremost.

After that, Blunt Instrument for Maces or Scepters or By The Blade for Axes or Swords.

Then Aspect of the Panther and Herbalism.

That should hold you for a bit :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info