[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Small Announcement

I'm adding a Static Strike version of my Act 4 video today. You can see the total time to clear the major Act 4 bosses is a bit better than my Cyclone video but nothing that can't be explained by my simply getting better at it.

Here's the link to the YouTube page.
A question about the aegis aurora:

So i'm thinking of purchasing an aegis aurora to up my survivability in tempest hc. At this moment I have 2k armor without my AR shield and 10.5k AR with.

1. My main question is how much of armour+es should I have for the transition to be worth it? Is there a threshold where too low AR/ES is not worth using an expensive aurora?

2. If i've been damaged and have 0 ES and I block (aegis aurora gives 2% of armor to ES back), does that ES instantly replenish to me or?

Anyone made that transition and can tell me about their defensive stats?
Last edited by Buiaka on Jul 23, 2015, 5:31:17 PM
"
Buiaka wrote:

So i'm thinking of purchasing an aegis aurora to up my survivability in tempest hc. At this moment I have 2k armor without my AR shield and 10.5k AR with.

1. My main question is how much of armour+es should I have for the transition to be worth it? Is there a threshold where too low AR/ES is not worth using an expensive aurora?

2. If i've been damaged and have 0 ES and I block (aegis aurora gives 2% of armor to ES back), does that ES instantly replenish to me or?

1) Probably around 8K armour and 800 ES would be typical. Threshold? Not really.

2) Yes.
In other news I did a comparison between the two offensive golems. This is for the high level crit build (me).

Static strike:

with flame golem + 816 dps
with ice golem + 1220 dps

Cyclone:

with flame golem + 377 dps
with ice golem + 542 dps

As you can see, the Ice Golem is just a little bit better for crit builds. The damage contribution is minor enough that Chaos Golem bears recommending also. So I'll edit the guide in a bit.
if our crit gear isn't very good, what can you recommend instead of going for some of the crit passives such as mace crit chance multiply, galvanic hammer, etc

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Buiaka wrote:

1) Probably around 8K armour and 800 ES would be typical. Threshold? Not really.

2) Yes.

A follow up question. Is it "useless" to use blood rage with aegis aurora because it drains your ES too fast? If yes, what other skill would you suggest using?
"
bbmello wrote:
if our crit gear isn't very good, what can you recommend instead of going for some of the crit passives such as mace crit chance multiply, galvanic hammer, etc

Stay with RT and get Strong Arm in the Mara area for 3 points, plus either Blunt Instrument if mace/scepter or By The Blade if axe/sword or maybe Aspect of the Panther.
"
Buiaka wrote:
A follow up question. Is it "useless" to use blood rage with aegis aurora because it drains your ES too fast? If yes, what other skill would you suggest using?

Blood rage is not usable with Aegis. Molten shell instead.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Buiaka wrote:

Blood rage is not usable with Aegis. Molten shell instead.

Seems like a HUGE downgrade though to use the aegis?? Blood rage gives me 4 frenzy stacks and 16% attack speed, it boosts my dps from 18k to like 27k.

Also using an aegis will nerf your armor from 10-13k+ to 5-7k leaving you at vulnerable 59% phys reduction with granite(!) popped at lvl 81?

And to top it the aegis is crazy expensive, and gearing for life/es/armor hybrid costs a LOT more.
Last edited by Buiaka on Jul 23, 2015, 11:00:45 PM
"
Buiaka wrote:
Seems like a HUGE downgrade though to use the aegis?? Blood rage gives me 4 frenzy stacks and 16% attack speed, it boosts my dps from 18k to like 27k.

Also using an aegis will nerf your armor from 10-13k+ to 5-7k leaving you at vulnerable 59% phys reduction with granite(!) popped?

And to top it the aegis is crazy expensive, and gearing for life/es/armor hybrid costs a LOT more.

Yes and in addition you lose life because Lioneye's or any good rare shield has a decent life roll. All of these reasons are why I don't use Aegis but it is a decent choice because you gain ES every time you block which is powerful. Does not help against getting one-shot though. I think people like Aegis because it feels like God-mode in normal trash clearing. For Frenzy charges you can use Poacher's Mark which works pretty well with the mana-based endgame crit variation.

Edit, forgot to mention you can get by with just Rainbows (which you would get anyway) and the Aegis, no need for hybrid armour/ES stuff... it's an option... but straight armour gear is fine for the Aegis route.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 23, 2015, 11:03:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info