[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Thanks for reply guys.

Ye i got hands on that shield just for 4c. I'm going switch to Lionseye then. Gonna put 'oldman' in weapon swap for spell based bosses.

"
You might also want to stick with a level 1 Cast When Damage Taken gem so your golem and blood rage has more up time. May also want to get a flame golem instead for a more flat/consistent dps boost as opposed to ice golem. Hope this helps!

uptime is not a problem, i prefer higher lvl(bonuses) of gems since bloodrage refreshes on kill and golem is not limited by time, also got more hp
ye unfortunately bloodrage scaling is more than disappointing :/

i took ice for accuracy and to boost my very decent crit :D (i can see more overall dps from applying status ailment effects, all 3 serves very well)
Last edited by Phantomik on Jul 22, 2015, 6:52:00 PM
"
andrew8448 wrote:
Hey Sovyn, I was re-watching your Malachai fight and, although you said it was slightly sloppy, with our current stats ('our' meaning yours and mine, since they are probably most similar), do we just accept that smashes will chunk our hp that much? I mean, even with maxed block and a good health pool, the armor isn't really doing much vs. smashes, is it? Asking because, if that's the way it looks, then the new maps might be a pain. I haven't gotten past level 79 Village Ruin map, in terms of the new map progression. It will be tough to see level 80+ maps.

In related news, if armor doesn't do much for us, perhaps Lightning Coil + a lot of lightning resistance on gear is worth checking out.
Also testing Arctic Armor + Purity of Fire again for Atziri-level content.

Yeah Merciless Malachai will kill most characters (other builds) one-shot no problem. It's hard content. That said I've done 5 runs zero deaths. Not for the faint of heart. Sure, AA might help if that smash is hybrid fire/physical like most other smashes (I haven't looked into it). Best just to avoid it, Malachai gives you plenty of warning.

I do mention Lightning Coil in the guide but I think it's overkill since we already have 90% physical damage reduction between our armour, endurance charges and fortify, plus granite is always an option on top of that. I'd imagine a 6-link Lightning Coil is cost prohibitive as well, at least more so than a basic white chest.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 22, 2015, 8:01:20 PM
"
Phantomik wrote:
i took ice for accuracy and to boost my very decent crit :D (i can see more overall dps from applying status ailment effects, all 3 serves very well)

Trying the Ice Golem is on my to-do list for sure.
hi,

trying out your build and loving it (still have a long way to go tough only lvl 52 and in cruel). Very clearly and detailed explanation. Now I have only one/two questions. Is there any way to target a boss or yellow/orange monster while cycloning because I have a hard time actually decently controlling my character when cycloning. Or simply make him spin in place. I usually pop a quicksilver flask that actually helps me control in better.

If not I'll just have to practise and get used to the movement :)

thanks for the fun build :)
have a good day
"
SoundwaveOiA wrote:
Is there any way to target a boss or yellow/orange monster while cycloning because I have a hard time actually decently controlling my character when cycloning. Or simply make him spin in place.

Cyclone is ground targeted so there is no way to lock onto a specific monster. The best you can do is use a very small tight circle around it with your mouse. It's definitely harder to perfect the technique vs. static strike or ice crash but I have confidence you can do it.

Glad you are having fun :)
First off - congratulations for the fabulous extensive guide.
For someone like me who is not too experienced, this is just the kind of guide I need.

Some fine tuning you may want to consider based on self-found game play:
- I found myself dex starved pretty early, due to the lack of dex nodes on the early path.
Early Act 2 we can claim a +20 dex // +6% all res jewel as quest reward.
I found it would pay off to get the jewel between Templar and Marauder right after Santuary group and Resolute Technique.
Getting that before born to fight allowed me to keep leveling my Riposte, Herald of Ice, Arctic Armor and Blind.
-
Elreon ring (that I was lucky with the augment) allows me to reserve 85% of my mana (Herald of Ice, Herald of Fire, Arctic Armor) at level 20, and not run out of mana without Clarity.

Enjoy and thanks for sharing
Breach build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1772123
Last edited by nmc09331 on Jul 23, 2015, 3:47:27 AM
"
nmc09331 wrote:
Enjoy and thanks for sharing

Thanks for your comments, nmc and glad you are enjoying the build. :)
First of all, thank you Sovyn for a great guide!

My lazy pally actually is a duelist in standard league and level 91 by now.

I did not read the whole thread, so I hope this has not been discussed before, but I was wondering why you do not recommend Molten Strike as an end game viable attack skill?

It increases my single target dps by almost 10% (4.2k) compared to Static Strike, which helps killing bosses and rares even more quickly. The aoe might be slightly worse, but I do not really feel a difference, because everything else dies so quickly anyway … It costs less mana, so it‘s easier to sustain, and it also has great synergies with quality gems (Molten Strike itself and HoA). Both of my gems do not have quality yet, so the dps difference will be even slightly bigger.

And on top of all that, it looks a lot more manly than Static Strike :-) Are there any cons that I am not aware of?

Second questions is about life leech. I invested four points to get to Lust for Carnage, so my total life leech with blood rage is 2% of physical damage (+0.2% of elemental damage from Doryani’s). It still doesn‘t seem to do a lot … Do you think it’s worth the investment? You seem to not have invested in life leech at all. How do you regain life (except from flasks)?
Are there any affixes or combination of affixes on maps that are impossible/really hard for this build?
I just tested around a bit with Frost Blades, it seems, that it could be a very nice main atk skill, with the right support combo. Was testing with standard 5L support Multistrike - Melee Phys - Added Fire - Weapon Elemental. Got a 25k tooltip dps with a lvl 12 gem. I think with GMP instead of added fire, this could be very nice. I'll keep you up to date.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info