[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

SOVYN WHAT U THINK IS BETTER.
A GOOD ROLL BELLY OF THE BEAST OR
A RARE ONE WITH 1200 ARMOR, 90+ HP AND 25+ CHAOS RESIST?
Last edited by sockgr on Jul 20, 2015, 12:35:23 AM
"
sockgr wrote:

If you have capped resists from all your other gear, probably the Chaos resist will serve you better. I believe I saw somewhere that somewhere like -20 Chaos resist can get you through most things.
Just dont go crazy on Half regen maps and then come across a Corrupted Blood/Bloodline mob. :P
"
sockgr wrote:

I rummaged in my stash and here's the results:

5184 life with belly

4712 life with this chest, similar to what you describe

Almost 500 life difference but you would drop roughly 2000 armour and some chaos res. Up to you really.
Can Sovyn confirm any sort of safe/reliable amount of Chaos resistance to have? I am mainly all armor gear with capped resistances but not sure if I want more chaos resistance (currently at -30%)

Let me know. Thank you for testing the above, as well!
"
andrew8448 wrote:
Can Sovyn confirm any sort of safe/reliable amount of Chaos resistance to have? I am mainly all armor gear with capped resistances but not sure if I want more chaos resistance (currently at -30%)

I THINK HE ALREADY SAY 0% IS OK TO HAVE
"
andrew8448 wrote:

I'm at -27 (up from the baseline of -60) and I have to avoid certain things like poison cloud strongboxes and the boss in the level 79 Village map (the rooster, I can take the dog, which is pretty good right there). This stuff is no problem with more investment but perfectly skippable on a budget. Chaos resist is rare and is a problem for almost all builds (I don't think CI is terribly popular currently).

Edit - forgot to mention that 0% is indeed a noticeable improvement for certain situations where chaos damage is found but that does take 60 points of resistance to reach. At least we do have 20% on the tree which is the best chaos resist on the whole tree. So you only need 40 points on gear. Two good pieces. You can also get chaos resistance on jewels. Popping Amethyst flask before doing certain things (like strongbox) can help too. I just skip it.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 20, 2015, 3:06:07 AM
"
Sovyn wrote:
I'm at -27 (up from the baseline of -60) and I have to avoid certain things like poison cloud strongboxes and the boss in the level 79 Village map (the rooster, I can take the dog, which is pretty good right there).

Oh! I should specifically ask, can you facetank Jungle Valley's spider boss chaos attack with your current chaos resist? I can't take that Village boss either, the dog is doable, as you said :D

I am happy that we are actually making good findings on this build and pushing it forward!
I'm wondering if my damage will not be too low using

Ice crash - Fortify - Blood magic - Melee phys dmg ?

I can't try it for now, i think i don't even have a 3 link lol
Last edited by Gourmandise on Jul 20, 2015, 3:57:54 AM
"
andrew8448 wrote:
Oh! I should specifically ask, can you facetank Jungle Valley's spider boss chaos attack with your current chaos resist?

I haven't tested it recently enough to comment.
"
Gourmandise wrote:
I'm wondering if my damage will not be too low using

Ice crash - Fortify - Blood magic - Melee phys dmg ?

I can't try it for now, i think i don't even have a 3 link lol

It will work but you can easily run a 4-link on mana so added fire damage instead of blood magic.

Unless you are strictly self-found or below level 50 you can afford a white 5-link chest and a few orbs to craft it. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info