[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Hello Sovyn,

I have not prepared my skill tree.
Aegis Aurora remains a valid option?

I used it quite along with Stone of Lazhwar, Rainbowtrides and Doryanis's Catalyst very successfully.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Crytyas :)

Other people tell me Aegis works fine. I have not used it myself. You could always pick up a Lioneye's for 5 chaos to test and compare to your Aegis and see which one you like best. I do like having a little bit more life and armour.

I think the other uniques you mentioned are hard to beat for the endgame setup.
"
Hello Sovyn,

I have not prepared my skill tree.
Aegis Aurora remains a valid option?

I used it quite along with Stone of Lazhwar, Rainbowtrides and Doryanis's Catalyst very successfully.

Thanks in advance.

Again, I'm not Sovyn but I feel compelled/qualified to answer.
Yes, it is viable because I have been personally using that setup until like a week ago when I swapped to Lioneye Remorse. Personally, I like the fat armor boost from the Lioneye's more but with your above listed item, you do get a fair bit of Energy Shield and I find myself refreshing it without problems back when I used it. Also noting, my Aegis was a 2% non-legacy one. Still performs nicely, in my opinion. Especially if your block is nice and high and you don't feel the loss in Energy Shield quite as often.

Edit: Ninja Sovyn faster :D
Last edited by andrew8448 on Jul 18, 2015, 10:06:41 PM
Thanks guys,

My shield is not legacy as well.
In addition to replenishing the ES and the chance surplus block, it still gives a very interesting increase in elemental resistances, which is pretty good after all.

I should start playing again with this Build tomorrow. Let's see if my "Good old man" will do well again ... =)

"
sockgr wrote:
sovyn have u considered use 1 of this curses as main?
Warlord's Mark (for hp/mana leech mostly)
Poacher's Mark (same reasons plus less evading mobs)
Assassin's Mark (for more crit chance and dmg plus hp/mana regen on kill)

I am atm testing around with Poacher's Mark as auto-curse. The main reason for me is to try how the mp on hit could handle the mana problem. Seems to work for the moment: 3 hits per attack with multistrike already bring back a good amount of mana. I still have to level the gem up, i think if it is around lvl 10, i shouldn't have mp problems anymore
"
Fiktivus wrote:
"
sockgr wrote:
sovyn have u considered use 1 of this curses as main?
Warlord's Mark (for hp/mana leech mostly)
Poacher's Mark (same reasons plus less evading mobs)
Assassin's Mark (for more crit chance and dmg plus hp/mana regen on kill)

I am atm testing around with Poacher's Mark as auto-curse. The main reason for me is to try how the mp on hit could handle the mana problem. Seems to work for the moment: 3 hits per attack with multistrike already bring back a good amount of mana. I still have to level the gem up, i think if it is around lvl 10, i shouldn't have mp problems anymore

Just want to say, I can confirm this with my 6-L attack(s), using a level 19 Poacher's Mark I have no mana issues. Confirmed :D
Thanks for the reports on Poacher's Mark guys. I had my eye on that one too. I'd hate to lose the damage reduction from Enfeeble though. Also it is hard to figure out if Elemental Weakness with Blood Magic support and Herald of Ice would result in higher overall damage than an extra support gem. Both things together might be better. I know it's easier to just look and see the tooltip go up. More bragging rights too.

The only way to test these things is with timed clearing efficiency tests, I've spent weeks on end in past patches doing these. Basically identify a linear area that's always pretty much the same then do multiple timed runs with a stopwatch and average the results and do this for each set of changes then compare the numbers.
Hi,

I'll give it a try for my first hardcore run , it looks awesome :)))

Edit : ty rng :D http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/29/1437296804-screenshot-0001.png
Last edited by Gourmandise on Jul 19, 2015, 5:08:06 AM
Actualy i fixed a mana issue by a one jewel with 0,30+ mana leach. With a romira its is like 0,75% and thats enough. As mine offence skill i use 6l ice crush where tooltip show me 56-61k dps depend on how many target i hit by abyssal cry which provide another mana give and dmg boost.
"
Sovyn wrote:
Thanks for the reports on Poacher's Mark guys. I had my eye on that one too. I'd hate to lose the damage reduction from Enfeeble though. Also it is hard to figure out if Elemental Weakness with Blood Magic support and Herald of Ice would result in higher overall damage than an extra support gem. Both things together might be better. I know it's easier to just look and see the tooltip go up. More bragging rights too.

i have tested myself for a day the assassins mark and i find it really good. extra super fast clearing speed with no mana issues (i use also leap slam with mana leech)
until i meet the boss. there i can say i have a little mana issue!
maybe i will swich for now to a poacher with a lil less clearing speed than assassins
to see the results.
Last edited by sockgr on Jul 19, 2015, 9:17:24 AM
"
Recrow wrote:
i use 6l ice crush where tooltip show me 56-61k dps depend on how many target i hit by abyssal cry which provide another mana give and dmg boost.

abyssal cry?
no no i am too lazy for this xD
Last edited by sockgr on Jul 19, 2015, 9:14:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info