[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

What is your Single target gem combo (static strike + ???)
"
Schaff3r wrote:

Static Strike won't be the best choice, if you want to hit only 1 target because quality and explosion always do damage to other targets that are near. Maybe you could place Double Strike instead of Static Stike as attack skill. I think this would be fine with Faster Attacks + Multistrike + Melee Phys + Weapon Elemental Dmg ...
i currently play on

static strike + melee physical + weapon elemental + added fire + multistrike + (unfortunately due to being unable to roll 6 red sockets physical to lighting) got fortify on leap slam (works pretty well too while engaging , cant be arsed to change colours for faster attacks ...
Level 55 now, My DPS is now at 2K with Hatred and Herald of Ash but running the two aura's has seriously messed up my mana regen so i need to look into it.

Switched out Deidbell Gilded Sallet for Geofri's Crest i had lying around for +1, armor and resistance. When i get into Cruel i'll re-work the resistances. Also found a 6S 6R chest, saving up for fusings now.

Picked up this nice shield too
IGN: Xelciah ¦ Looking For Guild, Standard - EU.
Last edited by Zelciah on Jul 15, 2015, 7:54:46 AM
Ok 150+ alteration on magic jewels, 0 with % to block. Either I'm the unluckiest SOB alive or something's funky.
"
Sovyn wrote:

Incidentally while we are on the subject of block jewels, I tried crafting a Veridian (green) jewel and it kept rolling dual wield block, never shield block. Obviously shield block is possible but it seemed in my limited experience to just want to roll dual wield block, which I suppose fits in with the dex/green theme of the Viridian jewel. This leads me to think I should put back the statement of probability I recently removed from the guide. We shall see.

I got a block roll on it within 20 alterations, but I might just be very lucky, as the guy above this post didnt have a lot of luck with his rolls. (crappy second explicit though.)
"
Fiktivus wrote:
I decided to change skills a bit. Fortify is a really nice buff, but it seemed it would waste a high amount of damage we can deal. So i thought i put it as support after Cyclone, which i now use as movement. There is no problem to cyclone 1 time through the monster pack to refresh Fortify. So we can keep the buff stable and push dmg.

I also tested, that Faster Attacks is with the actual build only an option with a 6-link chest. In my case Added Fire Damage gives 2k more DPS than Faster Attacks - only standing in my HO, so without any charges or something else.

My testing shows similar results. I am finding that blood magic support is essential on the movement skill to ensure there is mana remaining for the primary attack. I've been playing around with fortify on the movement skill as well these last couple of days. Definitely lower quality of life but the tooltip on the main attack skill benefits.
"
Schaff3r wrote:

Using that combo for everything at the moment.
"
Fiktivus wrote:
"
Schaff3r wrote:

Static Strike won't be the best choice, if you want to hit only 1 target because quality and explosion always do damage to other targets that are near. Maybe you could place Double Strike instead of Static Stike as attack skill. I think this would be fine with Faster Attacks + Multistrike + Melee Phys + Weapon Elemental Dmg ...

The only time I break out a true single target skill is for Vorici's missions, I used a double strike gem for that, but I removed multistrike as well as multistrike hits three times but if there are three different monsters nearby it will hit each of them once, which is no good for Vorici.
"
Schaff3r wrote:
i currently play on

static strike + melee physical + weapon elemental + added fire + multistrike + (unfortunately due to being unable to roll 6 red sockets physical to lighting) got fortify on leap slam (works pretty well too while engaging , cant be arsed to change colours for faster attacks ...

You would want to replace phys to light with concentrated effect (lower tooltip but explosion is very hard hitting) or increased aoe (clearing efficiency). This exchange would be so that you can leech at least a little mana. Or you could replace added fire with blood magic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info