[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Kamina100 wrote:
I sprung for a 25% Rainbowstride, and I've also gotten my chaos resist up to +3%. But I'm down to 4.2K life and 15.8K dps. The next goal, other than maxing spell block (I want to see how much I have after putting in the new passive tree gems) and geting a Romira's for the new build, seems like it should be to add life.

Yes, life and damage. You can get both of rare jewels by the way, along with block... but of course bigger upgrades would be flat physical on ring, gloves, etc. Can be expensive to get the very top end stuff. Lots of patience to get gems to 20/20 too.

I think I'm mostly going to take the slow route of leveling my gems to 20, then doing the recipe, then leveling them to 20 again. Except I've been able to find a few relevant ones with a good chunk of quality on them, so those I may try to bring to 20% quality with multiple GCP's. Especially if Cyclone ends up being the main attack, because I found a 14% one.

Ah yeah, you mentioned rings before. I guess there's a lot of stuff to try to upgrade long-term. I like that I've got a pretty solid character to work from now though. When I get my block up to 75% I'll have 56% spell block - that's pretty nice.
"
Kamina100 wrote:
I think I'm mostly going to take the slow route of leveling my gems to 20, then doing the recipe, then leveling them to 20 again.

That's what I did. Cheap and cheerful. I hear from fellow beta testers that GGG has decreased the experience required to get to level 19 on gems but increased the 19-20. So at least you can get 19/20 gems which are quite good.

"
Kamina100 wrote:
I like that I've got a pretty solid character to work from now though. When I get my block up to 75% I'll have 56% spell block - that's pretty nice.

Definitely. :)
hey there sovynn, been reading this build and i am very into it, i have a 86 templar that i will be respeccing into this when awakening goes live. Ive always wanted to make a build that utilizes aegis aurora, but i saw on your defences that you have 2800 armor, so a non legacy aegis would only restore about 55 es on block, which doesnt seem alot. Does it only work with legacy? And if so, with my 40 ex budget should i first invest in legacy aegis, or 6l chest?
thanks in advance, love the build :)
"
Agneton wrote:
hey there sovynn, been reading this build and i am very into it, i have a 86 templar that i will be respeccing into this when awakening goes live. Ive always wanted to make a build that utilizes aegis aurora, but i saw on your defences that you have 2800 armor, so a non legacy aegis would only restore about 55 es on block, which doesnt seem alot. Does it only work with legacy? And if so, with my 40 ex budget should i first invest in legacy aegis, or 6l chest?
thanks in advance, love the build :)

Welcome, Agneton! In 2.0 we are going with armor rather than evasion. Those stats you saw are my 1.3 character. I'll have at least 10K armor plus optional granite flask in 2.0, mostly from lioneye's remorse. Aegis is less but it will still be good as we will have 400% increased defenses from equipped shield which will give you quite a bit of ES too from an Aegis. You can get high armor stuff elsewhere too, and flasks. Probably make the 10K anyway with your budget.

As to whether to get a legacy Aegis I'd suggest getting a regular one for one-tenth the cost and try it out. If you notice that 200 ES per block would make a huge difference vs. 400, then you can think about the investment. I bet it won't matter that much.

If you don't opt for legacy Aegis you can easily afford a good 6-link chest (don't forget crafting as an alternative by that I mean rolling a white 6L with chaos) and good rings and gloves and belt which all together would be an excellent choice.

My gear cost me less than 7 ex but I found my chest and used about 5 chaos on it to get decent mods. So for 40 you better blow the doors off what I've got. :) Don't forget to shop patiently you will always do a lot better for your currency.
Updated the FAQ section of the 2.0 guide today. Waiting for the beta patch monday before finalizing the progression builds and moving the 2.0 guide up top replacing the 1.3 guide. It's almost to the point where no one cares about 1.3 builds I think.
Thank you for the swift reply! I was thinking about which attack to you use, and seeing that i have this 340pdps rapier :
and i've never played reave, i thought i'd give that a chance :) Would a claw with life leech be better though?

Also, is romira's mana leech enough to keep clear of any mana problems whatsoever? And should i buy one before 2.0, or will the mana leech on it not change with the leech nerfs?

And one more :P: with 400% defence from shield i assume i will not have to get ES anywhere else besides aegis? In that case, i am probably better off to use armor boots instead of rainbowstride to make up for the loss of armor on shield, or am i mistaken?

Thanks again!
"
Agneton wrote:

Also, is romira's mana leech enough to keep clear of any mana problems whatsoever? And should i buy one before 2.0, or will the mana leech on it not change with the leech nerfs?

And one more :P: with 400% defence from shield i assume i will not have to get ES anywhere else besides aegis? In that case, i am probably better off to use armor boots instead of rainbowstride to make up for the loss of armor on shield, or am i mistaken?

2% is really cool no need more. i dont know about 2.0 patch but i think is same shit...
rainbostrides give us a good spell block so i dont think is a good idea droping it...
plus a 200 armor boot wont make the deference
i am an aegis user too and in 1.3 i have 7k armor and almost 20k if i hit the granite flask.

so aegis is really cool but gives no hp.
"
Agneton wrote:
Thank you for the swift reply! I was thinking about which attack to you use, and seeing that i have this 340pdps rapier :..... and i've never played reave, i thought i'd give that a chance :) Would a claw with life leech be better though?

Claws are best with reave / vaal reave as reave has an aoe size independent from base weapon range, so you might as well get the life gain. Rapiers are best for cyclone as cyclone's range is based on the weapon range. Most weapons are range 5, rapiers are range 7, tied with two handed axes for highest range. All that aside you will probably get more DPS with Doryani's Catalyst (with a skill other than reave of course) and it's much cheaper. We have access to good mace nodes and doryani's elemental damage boosts our auras. Nothing's going to compete for less than a mirror, IMO.

"
Agneton wrote:

No, Romira's along with everything else is nerfed in 2.0 with only 0.4% mana leech. That won't be enough, you will need blood magic support on your attack skill or more mana leech items combined with clarity or elreon rings or mana on hit clusters on the passive tree or mana flasks.

"
Agneton wrote:

Rainbows are fine you can get plenty of armor on belt, gloves chest and helm. No need to overdo it.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 3, 2015, 3:59:28 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:

No, Romira's along with everything else is nerfed in 2.0 with only 0.4% mana leech. That won't be enough, you will need blood magic support on your attack skill or more mana leech items combined with clarity or elreon rings or mana on hit clusters on the passive tree or mana flasks.

this is akward...
sinse mana leech is usless now what of those u gona use now? blood magic, elreon rings, mana on hit clusters, mana flasks, or clarity?

if are we going to use blood magic it would be better to use a soul taker+6link+herald of ice this will give us more dps than blood magic+ catalyst
Last edited by sockgr on Jul 3, 2015, 4:32:15 PM
"
sockgr wrote:
this is akward...
sinse mana leech is usless now what of those u gona use now? blood magic, elreon rings, mana on hit clusters, mana flasks, or clarity?

if are we going to use blood magic it would be better to use a soul taker+6link+herald of ice this will give us more dps than blood magic+ catalyst

It's too soon to declare the best solution.

I plan to test them all when I can do it conveniently with my level 95 character on the 10th and 11th and 12th.

My initial plan was to use cyclone with blood magic and herald of thunder or ice along with my usual hatred and herald of ash. Ice crash will be interesting too but I'll have to wait for the gem to level to 20 for a fair comparison so figure about a month after launch for a conclusion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info