[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Kamina100 wrote:
What's the most important stat to improve now? Maybe chaos resistance?

Spell block / block. No huge need to sort it out before 2.0 hits in a couple weeks, you still have a functional character. The jewel system will help you out.

The implicit on rustic sash is an additive mod, so it's added on all the 'increased' mods you already have like those from the skill tree. When you already have 300%, another 23% is a small difference. Flat physical damage on the other hand like on rings and meginord's is included into your base damage and then that is multiplied by all of the increased damage you have so it is much more significant.

Overall a rustic sash is almost as good as meginord's for damage but only with a high elemental damage mod which increases the auras/buffs. The 20+ elemental damage from a Tora master craft is pretty good. The ultimate rustic sash pulls ahead overall because it can have armour and resists too.

In 2.0, a decent rustic sash may have a more clear-cut damage advantage (for elemental skills) over meginord's too:
Spoiler
Physical Damage Mod reduced to 5-15 Added Physical Damage.

From the development manifesto.

The Lightning Warp totems in Shock and Horror re-spawn, they are not meant to kill until after Shock and Horror dies. They do a lot of damage without purity of lightning and lots of spell block.

Other than that the rest of your listed deaths could happen to anyone with any build within a budget.
Just thought I'd post what I've been experimenting with.

Note that melee damage is taking a bit of an overall nerf in 2.0 due to having to use fortify and probably blood magic supports which contribute little to no damage whereas we didn't need these before. With that in mind, read on.....

Testing the critical strike ("crit") variation options for 2.0, here is my DPS (in 1.3 of course):
This is fully self-buffed with my usual auras (hatred, herald of ash) plus blood rage (3 frenzy charges) from CWDT and Atziri's Promise flask and 3 power charges from Romira's Banquet.

As you can see, it's about 15-20K more tooltip DPS than the RT (non-crit) variation.

With explosions, roughly 106,316 DPS peak.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jun 30, 2015, 6:11:18 AM
Hey everyone! Good luck with your 2.0 preparations! :D I have a question that I'd greatly appreciate someone helping me about. I got lucky and vaal'd my stone of laz to enemies can have 1 aditional curse, what can I do in my gear links to take advantage of my new special effect? Much thanks to anyone who helps!
~Flame
This build is very good, thank you for sharing!
However I had problems with the amount and mana regeneration, partly due to the type of jewelry I was wearing and there was no way to replace :(

Decided to temporarily remove "Ondar Gile" and in their stead I configured "Primal Spirit", "Mana Flows" and "Shaper". The results were very good.

Spoiler

It will be much needed after or I can forget about it for a while?
"
Usefully wrote:
I have a question that I'd greatly appreciate someone helping me about. I got lucky and vaal'd my stone of laz to enemies can have 1 aditional curse, what can I do in my gear links to take advantage of my new special effect? Much thanks to anyone who helps!
~Flame

Hey Flame, thanks for your post. :)

I'd go ahead and use both enfeeble and elemental weakness assuming you are using the same attack skill and auras that I am (static strike, hatred, herald of ash). For example, reckoning, curse on hit, enfeeble, elemental weakness. There are lots of ways to apply curses like CWDT and Tempest Shield and manually but the above works quite well.
"
This build is very good, thank you for sharing!
However I had problems with the amount and mana regeneration, partly due to the type of jewelry I was wearing and there was no way to replace :(

Decided to temporarily remove "Ondar Gile" and in their stead I configured "Primal Spirit", "Mana Flows" and "Shaper". The results were very good.

It will be much needed after or I can forget about it for a while?

Hi Crytyas :)

Thanks for your report.

The rapture knot ring can probably be replaced with something similar with 2% mana leech. However I can't say if that would be ruined/"nerfed" in 2.0. Probably. So stick with what you are doing for now. Some people in the 2.0 beta and using elreon rings and mana on hit like from Revelry and such (there's a second cluster like that near the ranger in the 2.0 tree) but I'm pretty sure most people will have to go for blood magic support. I'll test out the options when 2.0 launches. My initial 2.0 guide won't be including any mana related or leech nodes though.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Kamina100 wrote:
What's the most important stat to improve now? Maybe chaos resistance?

Spell block / block. No huge need to sort it out before 2.0 hits in a couple weeks, you still have a functional character. The jewel system will help you out.

Thanks. When you say to increase spell block, do you mean the additional spell block that will naturally result from Stone of Lazhwar (which I am using) when I get to 75% regular block chance? Or do you recommend making it a priority to do better than that, such as with Rainbowstride? I have a lot of second-tier currency now (like 40 chaos, 40 fusing, 40 alch, 25 regret, 25 scouring etc) and could buy a Rainbowstride without running on empty if it would be really helpful and a good long-term piece, but I wasn't sure about spending on gear vs. saving as much currency as possible to help roll better maps later. But maybe I would need better gear to run those high-quantity maps anyhow, without dying too much.
"
Kamina100 wrote:
Thanks. When you say to increase spell block, do you mean the additional spell block that will naturally result from Stone of Lazhwar (which I am using) when I get to 75% regular block chance? Or do you recommend making it a priority to do better than that, such as with Rainbowstride? I have a lot of second-tier currency now (like 40 chaos, 40 fusing, 40 alch, 25 regret, 25 scouring etc) and could buy a Rainbowstride without running on empty if it would be really helpful and a good long-term piece, but I wasn't sure about spending on gear vs. saving as much currency as possible to help roll better maps later. But maybe I would need better gear to run those high-quantity maps anyhow, without dying too much.

Yes you will gain 4 more spell block once you max out block. (67 x .5 = 34 vs. 75 x .5 = 38)

There is the possibility of getting both block and spell block on a 'rare' jewel for the skill tree. Probably quite hard, I have no idea. You could alchemy every cobalt jewel you find and sell the ones that you don't need. Just a thought. Or maybe the trade prices of regular/spell block jewels would not be too bad, we just don't know stuff like that yet.

In any case I don't think Rainbows are a bad choice for final boots, I'll probably not be taking mine off anytime soon unless they go legacy but that's only on principal. For a max block build, the only boots that would compete with Rainbows would be a mirror quality rare IMO (armor, life, 30 movement and resists all high rolls). So not a bad investment.
hello Sovyn... its been a long time since i post.
i saw your new tree for 85+ and i create a same as yours but for scion

you think is ok or i need some fixes?

and what about assassins mark curce.
i think is a good choice instead of expensive romira banget.
or at least a good choice for "most folks"
or a good combination for romira banget + assassins mark :P
Last edited by sockgr on Jul 1, 2015, 6:15:18 PM
"
sockgr wrote:
hello Sovyn... its been a long time since i post.
i saw your new tree for 85+ and i create a same as yours but for scion

you think is ok or i need some fixes?

and what about assassins mark curce.
i think is a good choice instead of expensive romira banget.
or at least a good choice for "most folks"
or a good combination for romira banget + assassins mark :P

That works but I don't think you will need the block nodes by scion so you can pick up the last 1% near mara plus the power charge by templar, like this. I thought of assassin's mark as well but it won't work on bosses for generating power charges. Romira's plus elemental weakness is probably much better. Romira's is not that expensive at least on standard, you would be hard pressed to find someone 85+ that can't afford one IMO. I might still decide to mention assassin's mark as an option in the guide though along, same as with ice golem. I'll have to test more after launch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info