[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Thanks for the fast reply!

I'll probably go for the 390 pdps if I can get my hands on it and compare it to a Doryani's when Atziri drops one for me :).
It's looking like there will be plenty of changes to evaluate in PoE 2.0 coming in a couple months.

For example, the new gem sockets on the skill tree can hold unique gems that do different things. One of the gems, called Intuitive Leap, allows us to allocate a node on the tree that is not directly connected. We still must path to the gem socket and cannot proceed from the allocated node as though it were a new starting point. Here is a chart of the gem socket locations on the v2.0 tree. (Red circles.) I think the socket in the Marauder area may be worthwhile but will have to wait and see how rare the gems are and how much pathing efficiency is gained.

New skill gems like vigilant strike or the fortify support gem and abyssal cry / rallying cry look interesting as well. It remains to be seen if these are more effective than the current selections.

I have applied for closed beta.

Last edited by Sovyn on Apr 11, 2015, 6:45:37 PM
Perhaps it's been stated elsewhere but this thread is very long at this point so I'm curious at what point do you recommend going over to your CwDT blood rage setup? Right now I've got -1 chaos resist so I'm not sure if it'd be viable.
Last edited by Arenwyr0 on Apr 12, 2015, 2:40:51 PM
"
Arenwyr0 wrote:
Perhaps it's been stated elsewhere but this thread is very long at this point so I'm curious at what point do you recommend going over to your CwDT blood rage setup? Right now I've got -1 chaos resist so I'm not sure if it'd be viable.

Hi Arenwyr0 :) I have only 4% chaos res in Merciless so yours is just 5 points less. It should work fine as long as you have taken the life regen nodes on the passive skill tree already (I regen 235 life per second). You will always leech some back too if you stay active.
Okay, thanks for the fast reply. I'll get another CwDT gem and do some chroming and see how it goes. Just need to finish the grind from 77-80 before the league runs out. Thanks again for the build by the way. I tried it a long time ago (pre-ambush? somewhere in there) and it just felt very slow after a certain point so I gave up on it. Part of that was my inexperience with the game and part of it was that the build was very different back then I think. The new counter-attack gems make it feel much more fun to me to play even if I can't get max block like I used to in the old tree. Static strike also helps a lot now compared to back then.
Well now I feel silly for not doing that sooner. Works like a charm even with a little negative resists and is a nice dps boost.
"
Arenwyr0 wrote:
Well now I feel silly for not doing that sooner. Works like a charm even with a little negative resists and is a nice dps boost.

Glad you got it going. Every little thing we have stacked since the old days helps. Melee are in a better place now and look to get even better in 2.0.
You can run Blood Rage at -60% Chaos Res and be fine. I would say that the primary purpose of Chaos Res on such a build is to let you run Vuln Maps or Reduced Regen maps.
"
K0rrupted wrote:
I would say that the primary purpose of Chaos Res on such a build is to let you run Vuln Maps or Reduced Regen maps.

Yessir, also helps with poison cloud strongboxes, poison arrow version of Vagan, desecrated ground maps with -res, Undying Alchemist type monsters especially in added projectile maps, among other things.
Hey Sovyn. First of all i LOVE your build,i am playing it since you created it and second i love the fact that you answering any kind of questions here :). Ok to the point now... I will really like to help you with any possible way to make this build even better.
1st i am kinda find that the Scion is kinda Better for Lazzy Pally. I am using this tree right now and its awesome.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABBIcEsQSzBS0FtQY5CTMM9xQgFSAZtBo4Gj4brR7fI_YkiycvKCoqTSzpL8wwfDJONZI6rTrYPC09Dz3iPydAoEd-SO5KyExgTP9Nkk9WUEdRR1FgXhNfP2BLYqxi7GVNZ5to8myMbqpvhHKpdO1343iueTl673y7fNl-4n8rguSE2YTviq-LT419jb-PmZARkFWVZpd5naqiAKOKqZWsr64-r2yvp7M_tMW18raKtz69Nr6nvrzAZsC_wYLC7MT2xq7K09E2037WitfL2L3iLORR7DjvDu968B_zBvaj9zL7qv4K_xw=

i remove the sword-dual passives and i went up for more hp + defence + life leech
the reason i didnt pick the reduse mana cost of skills is the one bellow.

2nd its kinda hard to control the mana even with 2% mana leach because we mostly do elemental damage and i ended up just hiting normal hits in half of time, so that drop me the dps almost in half.So i desided to put a blood magic gem on my 6th link and for the rest of mana i desided to put 1 extra aura so the dps will be more again. I have linked Hatred>Herald of Ash>Herald Of Thunder>Redused Mana, and in another part(shield for me) i use Tempest Shield>Riposte>Redused Mana. You can pick Herald of Ice instead of Thunder BUT the Quality on Thunder increases your Lighting damage so we mostly do lighting damage with Static Strike so better use Thunder.
After that decision i desided that why not use Soul Taker + 6th attacking support gem instead of Catalyst + Blood magic? I tried that and i got even more dps and i have maybe the worst Soul taker ever, i payed only 5ex for it just to try and worth it :).

3rd is the gear. I am kinda rich my gear cost like 50ex BUT u can do it with lot less. All u need is Soul Taker, a corrupted Stone of lazwar (3% block chance), Rainbostride (with 25% spell block) AND last i prefer Aegis Aurora(legacy for rich folks). This shield is just amazing. So this setup will cost like 6-7ex with the most expensive part be the soul taker(5ex), which if u cant aford it u can simple put a blood magic in your link as i say before.

Ok brother thats it i think... i hope u read it caz is kinda big but will really makes you think :P. thanks again for this awesome build. i respect u bro.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info