[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

I just started this build two days ago and I'm now level 51. I have to say this is the "safest" build I have ever played. In fact, it's the very first character where, if the phone rings, someone's at the door, dinner is ready or I feel like getting a cup of coffee, I can just leave my computer and not worry about him dying by the time I get back. In fact, it's damn fun to walk away and come back to a screen full of dead monsters and know that he'll still be alive and kicking when I get back!

It's so awesome to just sit there in a screen full of baddies and watch them all kill themselves while I watch my life go slightly down and then almost instantly fill right back up and I don't even have to do anything! Truly the epitome of laziness!

Thank you so much for putting this awesome build and guide together!

Edit: on a related note... what is the block cap?
Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things right now: Jack and shit... and Jack left town.
Last edited by Dhrakken on Apr 7, 2015, 4:05:33 PM
"
Dhrakken wrote:

Thank you so much for putting this awesome build and guide together!

Edit: on a related note... what is the block cap?

Happy do help, Dhrakken!

The block cap is typically 75 for attacks and 75 for spells, unless you have The Anvil unique amulet in which case you can have up to 78 block for attacks and 78 block for spells.

Have fun!

Hey was wondering why you wait until over level 90 to take amplify in the skilltree for someone who uses static strike?
"
Hey was wondering why you wait until over level 90 to take amplify in the skilltree for someone who uses static strike?

Hey Austin, Please take Amplify anytime you want, it's not a waste of points. However, it's only a minor improvement, not really that noticeable. Great on paper though. I tend to want to max block out first and get some of the essential life and damage nodes. Level 90 is really not that hard at least on standard ruleset leagues (not HC obviously). I used to "finish" the build at level 100 but trimmed it down to level 93 as it's at a pretty good place at that level.
I'd like some advice on mastercrafting this weapon. I'm thinking of +1-2 weapon range. Any thoughts?
"
bbbbbb wrote:
I'd like some advice on mastercrafting this weapon. I'm thinking of +1-2 weapon range. Any thoughts?

Well b, weapon range would only help with skills that use the default attack range like Cyclone. Skills like Reave and Static Strike have their own range and don't benefit from weapon range.

Since all three prefixes are used already, you need a suffix. I'd probably go with crit chance and sell it and get a Doryani's Catalyst instead, or maybe stun threshold speculating that the new Vigilant Strike skill in 1.4 would benefit.
Static Strike's AOE isn't based on weapon range but the initial hit is.
[img]http://image.prntscr.com/image/2e57fcaba2ea48cc9832fecc55c6d0d6.png[/img]
"
Commoble wrote:
Static Strike's AOE isn't based on weapon range but the initial hit is.

Good to know but in practice I don't think it would matter either way. :)
Hi Sovyn,

First off: thank you for the guide.

I've enjoyed your build quite a lot in the One Month League so far. At the moment I'm doing some solo Atziri and 78 mapping with a friend. And while the clearspeed is decent (especially solo) I feel the urge for an upgrade (Friend plays Flameblast :D).
Current Weapon:

So my question would be: What do you think is better, a 300+ pdps Doryani's or a 390 pdps Foil?
I'm asking because the Doryani's has some extra Elemental Damage. (I'm using Static Strike)

"
fr4q wrote:

Current Weapon:

So my question would be: What do you think is better, a 300+ pdps Doryani's or a 390 pdps Foil?
I'm asking because the Doryani's has some extra Elemental Damage. (I'm using Static Strike)

Hello fr4q, glad you are having fun with the build!

Yes, your current weapon leaves a lot of room for improvement.

Doryani's Catalyst (see my current gear for exact rolls) was *slightly* better than a 350 pdps claw I had, for static strike that is. I think a 390 pdps sword would be slightly better than the Doryani's (slashing comeback). If you already have it, go for it. Might not be worth the price difference if you have to actually buy it but I don't have a sword that good to test.

Happy hunting!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info