[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Thanarchy wrote:

In the end, I feel like "Phys to lightning" won't change a lot regarding leech/reflect, BUT it will increase significantly our DPS !
The gem won't hardly reduce the Phys -already low- damage of our DPS (same leech), and I have no pb at all with neither reflect.. :)

I'll give it a try I guess

Well, absolutely do test it yourself my friend but in my tests the phys to light gem eliminates (converts) all of the remaining physical damage so you do only elemental damage. Since mana leech is based on physical we need to still do some physical damage. It does not have to be a ton because our mana costs are low.
"
Shaenando wrote:
hey, pretty nice build, got one question, isn't Riposte for dual-wielding only? or does it work even if your using shield?

Hi Shaenando! :)

Yes, Riposte works great with dual wield OR shield block.

"Perform a deadly counter-attack when you block. Uses both weapons while you're dual wielding."

All that last sentence means is that you hit with both weapons IF you are dual wielding but if you only have one weapon equipped it will still hit with that.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Shaenando wrote:
hey, pretty nice build, got one question, isn't Riposte for dual-wielding only? or does it work even if your using shield?

Hi Shaenando! :)

Yes, Riposte works great with dual wield OR shield block.

"Perform a deadly counter-attack when you block. Uses both weapons while you're dual wielding."

All that last sentence means is that you hit with both weapons IF you are dual wielding but if you only have one weapon equipped it will still hit with that.

ohhh, sweet, thanks for answering my question. now im super hype lol
Poe Diary 1745234
IGN: Enefeaa
Playing your build in the 1-month league. Currently lvl 69 and the lack of dps is getting very noticeable. I have 5.3k tooltip dps and I had to give up clearing a 69 map I got from zana because I wasn't getting anywhere.
There's obviously a lot of improvements to make gear wise, but I feel that pretty much all the builds I meet in partys do a lot more damage. Sure I have tank stats, but I still drop low all the time.

Gear
"
Playing your build in the 1-month league. Currently lvl 69 and the lack of dps is getting very noticeable. I have 5.3k tooltip dps and I had to give up clearing a 69 map I got from zana because I wasn't getting anywhere.
There's obviously a lot of improvements to make gear wise, but I feel that pretty much all the builds I meet in partys do a lot more damage. Sure I have tank stats, but I still drop low all the time.

Well Exile, your weapon is only 178 DPS you could consider adding quality to it at least. :)

I see there are 5-link chests on your league for 8 chaos, I'm sure they will go down. Faster attacks makes a big difference with most any melee skill.

I'm sure you have played many leagues and I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, but I found that I had to farm / trade a bit before progressing, I don't think that's at all unusual for any build. Melee has always been relatively gear-dependent in any game I've played but at least in PoE with the lazy pally we don't need anything particularly exotic at all.

I don't think 5.3K is that low for level 69 in any case.
Hi Sovyn,

I just wanted to provide you with an update with regards to my gear. You were ABSOLUTELY right, the physical damage does add around 500+ dps. I've also noticed that the elemental damage with weapons mod on the belt also adds alot of dps (around 1k), should I also look for that stat when buying a belt? And I was about to replace my thousand teeth temu with a rare vala buckler with 33% block chance and 1.2k+ evasion, I was wondering if this swap will make a difference, because I'll be losing the 2% spell block from the temu.

You response, again, is much appreciated!
"
pulse117 wrote:
I've also noticed that the elemental damage with weapons mod on the belt also adds alot of dps (around 1k), should I also look for that stat when buying a belt?

And I was about to replace my thousand teeth temu with a rare vala buckler with 33% block chance and 1.2k+ evasion, I was wondering if this swap will make a difference, because I'll be losing the 2% spell block from the temu.

Elemental damage on belt - yes, good to have if possible, at least currently in 1.3, who knows what skills we will be using in 1.4. Don't forget you can master craft the elemental damage mod on a belt as I did, if it has a free space.

Shields - sure you can get higher evasion if you like but bear in mind the advantage is smaller than it might seem because if something gets past our evasion it will probably get blocked anyway.

E.g.,

30% evasion = ~18% chance to get hit after block

50% evasion = ~13% chance to get hit after block

Also you would lose some small amount of DPS from fewer counter-attacks, and the reflected damage from Temu itself of course.
Last edited by Sovyn on Mar 27, 2015, 12:10:50 AM
"
Sovyn wrote:

Shields - sure you can get higher evasion if you like but bear in mind the advantage is smaller than it might seem because if something gets past our evasion it will probably get blocked anyway.

E.g.,

30% evasion = ~18% chance to get hit after block

50% evasion = ~13% chance to get hit after block

Also you would lose some small amount of DPS from fewer counter-attacks, and the reflected damage from Temu itself of course.

damn I never knew it would be like that! you really know this build from the inside out. So I think temu is already one of the best shields for this build. And I was analyzing the %block, and it's possible to not take the last node right? with 33% block on vaal buckler, 3% on stone of lazhwar, and 2% on gloves, would you agree that this route would be more efficient?
"
pulse117 wrote:
with 33% block on vaal buckler, 3% on stone of lazhwar, and 2% on gloves, would you agree that this route would be more efficient?

Temu is only 32%, so you would be one point short of max block without slashing comeback, which is just fine. If you want to spend a fortune you could get a 4% Lazhwar but it's probably not worth it except maybe psychologically. May be expensive to get ideal stats with block on gloves too. I tried to keep the default build affordable so that's why I get the block on the tree.
"
Sovyn wrote:

Temu is only 32%, so you would be one point short of max block without slashing comeback, which is just fine. If you want to spend a fortune you could get a 4% Lazhwar but it's probably not worth it except maybe psychologically. May be expensive to get ideal stats with block on gloves too. I tried to keep the default build affordable so that's why I get the block on the tree.

thanks for the reply! So a 1000 eva isnt recommended? and yeah you are definitely right, getting these %block gear isnt worth it considering the 4% is fairly reachable in th end anyway. Thank you for the help Sovyn!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info