[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hey there,

Thanks a lot for this funny and powerful build :)

I just have 2 questions :

1) Here is my gear, and I only "reach" 18k DPS in Static's tooltip, I really really don't understand how u get a twive higher DPS !!
My 18k is with grace/herald/etc of course :o

(1h weapon is ~300 pDPS)

and 2)
I tried different gems with Static/multi/weapen-elem, and first it seems to me that added-fire >>> melee-physical as 4th gem.
And I just tried a Physical to Lightning gem, and the lvl1 gem is barely = to lvl20 added-fire :o
Did you try that gem ?

Thanks again for your answers :)

Thana
what is your current weapond you are using n what weapond was used in those video's didnt look like a dory to me just curious thx for nice build respect to it, my templar was collecting dust
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
"
Heya Sovyn, gratz on BOTW and thanks for the build and guide. I had looked at it a few times over the past year or so, and finally decided to try it two weeks ago on Bloodlines.

Hi Bjorn,

Good job getting to high level on hardcore. It's been done before with the build but most don't go that way so props. Tree looks good.

"
Thanarchy wrote:
Hey there,

Thanks a lot for this funny and powerful build :)

I just have 2 questions :

1) Here is my gear, and I only "reach" 18k DPS in Static's tooltip, I really really don't understand how u get a twive higher DPS !!
My 18k is with grace/herald/etc of course :o

(1h weapon is ~300 pDPS)

and 2)
I tried different gems with Static/multi/weapen-elem, and first it seems to me that added-fire >>> melee-physical as 4th gem.
And I just tried a Physical to Lightning gem, and the lvl1 gem is barely = to lvl20 added-fire :o
Did you try that gem ?

Thanks again for your answers :)

Thana

Hey Thanarchy,

Added fire looks better in BoR because BoR already has melee physical damage (MPD) so the gem does nothing. In actuality MPD support contributes more DPS.

Can't leech mana and less life leech too with physical to lightning so it's fairly useless for us. Elemental reflect is more of a problem also. The balance we have now, that is, some of every kind of damage, is great.

300 PDPS weapon is not the best, they go up to 500 PDPS or so. The best option that is affordable is the Doryani's Catalyst vaal sceptre, they cost around 2ex or something like that. A good roll Doryani's Catalyst is better than a 350 PDPS weapon with static strike, so it would be an upgrade for you.

As to why my DPS is higher than yours, I'm probably a little bit higher level and we take some good damage nodes toward the end of the build. Also I'm running blood rage for the 15% attack speed and leech. I also have flat physical on rings, attack speed on gloves, a 6-link chest that I found, and quality gems, which all help.

6-link is better than BoR but not by much, mostly when you get quality gems. You can check the DPS comparison in FAQ section. All tests were taken at the same time so it provides a relative comparison of BoR vs. 6-link.

You could use an Atziri's Promise flask if you are not already. They are very cheap.

All that said, your DPS is plenty to solo maps up to 74 or even higher if you are patient.

Always room for improvement.
Last edited by Sovyn on Mar 22, 2015, 9:10:14 PM
"
dragnmith1 wrote:
what is your current weapond you are using n what weapond was used in those video's didnt look like a dory to me just curious thx for nice build respect to it, my templar was collecting dust

I'm currently using a Doryani's Catalyst with a decent physical roll.

The weapon I'm using in the video was a claw I crafted to use with Reave (my #1 choice skill before static strike came out). I had been using that claw for a long time and I don't change very quickly when new gear comes out. For the build of the week (BOTW) video, the GGG team did not let me know in advance only after it was already done so I did not have any chance to change anything first, not that I would have realized the significance of doing so beforehand anyway. :)

The build works with any weapon so no big deal.

The guide is up to date. I'm always changing things you can see that from the length of this thread! :) So BOTW video will be more and more out of date as time goes on but that's the way it goes.
Hi Sovyn,

Let me be the last person to say congratulations on BOTW. I've decided to make my character based off from this guide and am now enjoying it very much. (I've made a TS ranger and went back to my templar since I didn't find it as much fun)

I have one question, would you suggest bringer of rain (legacy) over a 6L chest? What are your thoughts? Is there a HUGE difference between the two?

Appreciate your response on this!
"
pulse117 wrote:
Hi Sovyn,

Let me be the last person to say congratulations on BOTW. I've decided to make my character based off from this guide and am now enjoying it very much. (I've made a TS ranger and went back to my templar since I didn't find it as much fun)

I have one question, would you suggest bringer of rain (legacy) over a 6L chest? What are your thoughts? Is there a HUGE difference between the two?

Appreciate your response on this!

Hi Pulse, Thanks for the grats and for your question.

I don't have a legacy BoR to test but I think I'd still choose the 6-link chest plus a good rare helmet because it's more flexible.

With 15% block BoR you could of course get some more life and damage nodes instead of some of the block nodes like slashing comeback. You would spend some of the savings on resist nodes as you lose a lot of resists from helm and chest and potentially some chaos resist which can't so easily be made up on the tree.

I would guess that DPS would be a very little bit more on the legacy BoR because of the chunk of physical damage on it but I don't think it would be that much more than a 6-link chest with quality gems. Level 12 to level 18 faster attacks is only 6% attack speed (you can then perhaps get some idea with my FAQ dps comparison). With all 20/20 gems on 6-link it might actually be better. Too close to call.

I don't think either choice is wrong, just a matter of building out the tree and other gear to suit.
Thanks a lot for the answers, u're true about leech with Phy => Lightning gem :(

I tried Blood rage, but I feel like I very very rarely am "Low life" so I felt like the attack-speed is kinda lost :o

And I knew I had another question I forget :p
With BoR, I now have +9% block chance over the cap, and I don't really know how to use the ~10pts I could get back from respec :o
At the same time, considering that Tempest Shield only deals single-target damage (same reason why I don't like Riposte) I may consider to change the gem too, a bit lost here -_-

Here is my current build with 1 point unallocated :
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAAbwEhwSzBS0GOQkzDPcUIBUgGbQaPhutHM4e3yP2JIsqTStQLOkvzDB8Mk41kjwtPQ894j8nQKBHfkjuSshMYEz_TZJPVlBHUWBeE18_YEti7GVNZ5to8m6qcql07XfjeK55OXrvfNl-4n8rguSE2YTviq-NfY-ZkBGbjZ_fogCjiqmVrK-uPq9sr6ezP7Xytoq3Pr02vqe-vMBmwL_BgsT2xq7K086o0TbTftaK18vYveIs5FHp1e8O73rvfPAf8i_zBvaj9zL7qv4K

Thx if u have any suggestion :p
Last edited by Thanarchy on Mar 23, 2015, 5:04:19 AM
"
Thanarchy wrote:
Thanks a lot for the answers, u're true about leech with Phy => Lightning gem :(

I tried Blood rage, but I feel like I very very rarely am "Low life" so I felt like the attack-speed is kinda lost :o

And I knew I had another question I forget :p
With BoR, I now have +9% block chance over the cap, and I don't really know how to use the ~10pts I could get back from respec :o
At the same time, considering that Tempest Shield only deals single-target damage (same reason why I don't like Riposte) I may consider to change the gem too, a bit lost here -_-

Here is my current build with 1 point unallocated :

Thx if u have any suggestion :p

Thanarchy, the main benefit from blood rage is the three frenzy charges, that's where the attack speed comes from. I'm almost never low life, nor do we want to be. :) You do need decent chaos resist before I recommend adding blood rage into the mix.

About the only thing to use instead of tempest shield would be Herald of Ice.

As for the other 5 block points you can drop the scion block nodes and the one after solidity like this. Then you can grab some other things from my guide like Unrelenting and Strong Arm.
First of all thanks for an awesome guide. This is definitely my fav build atm.
Sry for a noob question, but how come you don’t chose 18% phys dam in cruel, instead of skill point? Wouldn't it be better especially at high levels where you get enough skill points anyway?

With regards

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info