[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
Currently experimenting with static strike as are most people I'm sure, remains to be seen if it's better than reave and with what supports. Obviously it won't beat my currently 30,000 DPS reave on the tooltip, which makes things harder to tell. Both skills mow through the library, archives, etc., in Merciless, that's not good enough to tell anything, I should get back into high end mapping but need replacement rings for re-balancing resists first. Update on this later.

Just started a Duelist version of lazy pally in Bloodlines. Using Static Strike right now. Loads of fun. My plan for a 5 link or 6 Link:

Static Strike > Faster Attacks > MultiStrike > Melee Physical Damage > Weapon Elemental Damage > Added Fire Damage

Would also consider taking Catalyse.

"
Dongaldo wrote:
Just started a Duelist version of lazy pally in Bloodlines. Using Static Strike right now. Loads of fun. My plan for a 5 link or 6 Link:

Static Strike > Faster Attacks > MultiStrike > Melee Physical Damage > Weapon Elemental Damage > Added Fire Damage

Would also consider taking Catalyse.

Hi Don :)

That's exactly the combo I've been testing in my tabula. But, I think I swapped added fire last night to AoE as it's really neat. (Amplifiy is nice too with this)

Nice clear speed in the library but the tooltip is no where near my reave so I'm not sure. Will test in high maps soon.

For us I think the physical damage nodes scale this better than the elemental but I have not tested thoroughly yet. :) (Open to further data from you all)

Thanks for posting!
Last edited by Sovyn on Dec 18, 2014, 5:49:14 PM
For the ultimate in lazy, this is another fun combo I've been testing:

Basically just walk through and let the monsters kill themselves on you. :)

A more active playstyle is much faster overall so far, but we shall see when the gems level up a little bit more.

Edit - forgot to add, evasion is bad with this approach, so crest of perandus or an armour or armour/es shield.
Last edited by Sovyn on Dec 18, 2014, 10:48:51 PM
"
Hi el_indio,

I don't know for sure as I'm still in early experimentation with the gem but I think physical damage nodes are better for static strike than elemental nodes. So the default build should be fine for static strike. Might want to take amplify a little earlier is all.

On the build link you proposed, I don't see how you can max block cheaply, not 77 at least. You are showing 29 from tree, 32 from shield, 8 from anvil, 4 from TS. Maybe with legacy 2% corrupted anvil, but that's expensive.

Also, get rid of unwavering stance and disemboweling and get resolute technique instead, you'll be much better off.

I assume herald of ash, which we use in the build, would be better than herald of thunder.

Basically just use the default build but swap static instead of reave -- just IMO.

Thanks for the reply Sovyn, I didn't realise the block chance on legacy Aegis Aurora had been reduced, and I have a 10% Anvil already. I have gotten rid of Unwavering Stance and gotten Resolute Technique, and I now have 78% block. I also no longer have any weapon-specific nodes. I want to keep Herald of Thunder to match the theme of the character, all lightning based.

New skill tree:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUATwSb7Irkr2xo8kz_8B88LaIAd-PE9saurj49D3Kptz5nmySL9zL-CuRRBjnYvVBH-6rAGjWS7w7zBho4tfIUIFFgkFVuql8_SsgaPoqvPyd-4pARKk15OYLkFSC-vNE2LOmzPwkzytPiLBm0vqdlTb0273pHftN-QKCE2XiuwL8vzEjuqZXBghutPeIM96yvcYVG17FCr6f2o01GYuyE73TtYEteE7cxjHbaufMRT1Ye33zZwGYEs5_f73w8BZo7gpvsOCcvMk4blwUtxBV8uCkueu8=

I would like to say thanks for the guide, I wouldn't have had a clue how to get max block without it.

"
el_indio wrote:

I would like to say thanks for the guide, I wouldn't have had a clue how to get max block without it.

You're welcome el_indio! Looks good, nice balance I think between the various goals you have set for yourself there.
Should i use the craft block chance on the gloves from haku? It s like 1-2%/3-4%
"
malox1696 wrote:
Should i use the craft block chance on the gloves from haku? It s like 1-2%/3-4%

Hi Malox :) The 3-4 is shield only. The 1-2 is for gloves, but it costs two divines and not even guaranteed to get the 2%. For that kind of money you can just trade for a 2% corrupted amulet. Maybe if you are strictly self-found.
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUATwSvbEz_aPI8LfAfd-PE9sauogCuPnKpPQ-3PgSzZ5v3MiSLQYf-CsBm5FF82QY5-ejYvVBH-6qCxzWS7w7zBgx9tfIUIFFgEH9uql8_xp5KyBo-PyeKr37iKk2QEXk5FSCC5Czp0Ta-vK-nytMJM7M_9qMZtOIsT1bver6nHt_TfmVNeK69NkjuR34brT3ihNnXyy_MTGC2isGCo4oEsWLsI_aVZoTvTZKNfXTtMHx6738rBS3WimBLXhNAoMC_qZUM96yvn9_vfAIRo-dE0gMn1FL-VA3NK1Aczv66fXV8DqdVW6BDyI-ZBIcyTg==

This just slightly edited version of mine ditches some strength, 1 % max life, 5% increased effect of buffs on you, and 70 strength (35 max life, 14 % increased melee physical damage) in order to gain 2.2% life regeneration per second, 45% mana regeneration, 30% chance to avoid being stunned, and 15% increased stun recovery, while saving 1 skill point (for the max life from Oak)

Is the 5% increased effect of buffs on you that significant? If it ain't I will definetely skill it my way, because I am pretty sure that this way it will be a bulkier build. Will the 1% less max lightning resistance hurt my tankiness that much?
Last edited by Xslasher on Dec 20, 2014, 8:50:18 PM
"
Xslasher wrote:

This just slightly edited version of mine ditches some strength, 1 % max life, 5% increased effect of buffs on you, and 70 strength (35 max life, 14 % increased melee physical damage) in order to gain 2.2% life regeneration per second, 45% mana regeneration, 30% chance to avoid being stunned, and 15% increased stun recovery, while saving 1 skill point (for the max life from Oak)

Is the 5% increased effect of buffs on you that significant? If it ain't I will definetely skill it my way, because I am pretty sure that this way it will be a bulkier build. Will the 1% less max lightning resistance hurt my tankiness that much?

You forgot the 1% block that you lose from not getting the 5% buffs. :)

mana regen = unnecessary stat now

stun avoidance / recovery = always been an unnecessary stat for us

life regen = ok, but we have enough already
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Xslasher wrote:

You forgot the 1% block that you lose from not getting the 5% buffs. :)

mana regen = unnecessary stat now

stun avoidance / recovery = always been an unnecessary stat for us

life regen = ok, but we have enough already

That came to my mind while leveling a bit ^^, I had the idea to use a reckoning setup instead of a second cast when damage taken setup, but seeing as I already evade this often, is it even worth it? What is your opinion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info