[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

hey plz ><
i'm a new player, my best char its a witch necro lvl 42 >.> and i have a sux english sry... but, i need help with the skill to atacks... i want LS, I realy love it but i dont know if it realy good?

ty so much i love full tank builds *-*
"
scherere wrote:
hey plz ><
i'm a new player, my best char its a witch necro lvl 42 >.> and i have a sux english sry... but, i need help with the skill to atacks... i want LS, I realy love it but i dont know if it realy good?

ty so much i love full tank builds *-*

Hi! Your English is good enough that I understand you no problem.

I think lightning strike is a good choice.

You can use your shift key while attacking to attack from a distance - this keeps you protected from many melee monsters.

LS can be used up close too when it is safe to do so.

So, it is somewhat flexible.

As to support gems to link to LS, weapon elemental damage, lesser/greater multiple projectiles or multistrike, faster attacks, added fire damage, elemental proliferation are all good choices. If you need more survivability, blind, life gain on hit, life leech are options. If you are having mana trouble, mana leech or blood magic.
yeah! ty so much bro :D
first of all thx for this awesome guide, it was leading me to my own way and making it a usefull advice for me :p

here is what i am right now on with lvl 67: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAecEswUtFCAUTRkuGjIaOBpVHRQjTSftMok26DbpOthANkRyR35N2E99UEdRYFPfVElVxlcNV-JY21nzXz9gS2EhZKNlTWaeZ71uaXKpdO135XrvfNmAVoTEhNmE74x2j0aQVZuDm6GezaC0ogCnMKeEqZWsqqyvtPm53b6nwA_AGsQVxPbPZdDQ0iHSTdSP2WHjaudS7DjvDvAf8i_3vvrS-6o=

i am using ls with ele dmg/ll/physical dmg/ bloodmagic in a 5l torso and got 3 dmg auras wrath/anger/hatred.

works very well, as i got a buffed 2,4k dps ls, cursing conductivity roxx :>

if i would know how to link my gear here, i would do it -.-

Last edited by Xzibit1211 on Jun 21, 2013, 3:43:03 AM

I believe the Bringer of rain would be a good option for this build coupled with the Crest of Perandus.

With these 2 pieces, you get 55% block right there and can free up a lot of passive to go get more hp or damage.

You will not lose life but resist will be harder to come buy.

You will also have *like* a 7 link in your helm socket.

I am gonna try it for sure.
"
Vapala wrote:

I believe the Bringer of rain would be a good option for this build coupled with the Crest of Perandus.

With these 2 pieces, you get 55% block right there and can free up a lot of passive to go get more hp or damage.

You will not lose life but resist will be harder to come buy.

You will also have *like* a 7 link in your helm socket.

I am gonna try it for sure.

I saw Bringer of Rain in the past and thought - wow(!), but I'll never see it. :) So I can't recommend it in the guide, but it's a nice item for sure.

Edit - One nice thing about this build is that you get most of your resists from the passive skill tree, so you don't actually need much on gear. Having no resists on chest and helm slots is fine then. You can make it up easily on rings and gloves and so on. See my gear in the guide - I'm nearly capped even with that junk! I was capped for a long time, but 0.11 with all of its resist node nerfs did hurt me a little.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jun 21, 2013, 3:51:27 PM
"
Xzibit1211 wrote:
first of all thx for this awesome guide, it was leading me to my own way and making it a usefull advice for me :p

Thanks for posting! I'm glad the guide was useful to you. :)

Looks like a good variation you have going there. Keep us posted on your progress!
First off, thanks to Sovyn for putting this build up. I'm now at the end of cruel at level 52. My only previous experience with Melee has been with an elemental cleave duelist. The skill that seems to work best for me is Heavy Strike, I don't have the mana issues with HS as I do with Inferno Blow or Glacial Hammer. I'm thinking of going up the tree to get acrobat. What's your thought on that?

I have 3 extra Stone of Lazhwar ammy if anyone needs one. No charge. I be on saturday around 9 am PST. My ign is drogontheblack.

"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
First off, thanks to Sovyn for putting this build up. I'm now at the end of cruel at level 52. My only previous experience with Melee has been with an elemental cleave duelist. The skill that seems to work best for me is Heavy Strike, I don't have the mana issues with HS as I do with Inferno Blow or Glacial Hammer. I'm thinking of going up the tree to get acrobat. What's your thought on that?

I have 3 extra Stone of Lazhwar ammy if anyone needs one. No charge. I be on saturday around 9 am PST. My ign is drogontheblack.

Welcome! I'm glad the guide was helpful. :)

I use heavy strike as well and enjoy its damage effectiveness which punches through armored foes very well and works great with leech. With multistrike and faster attacks on a fast, hard-hitting weapon, along with the bug fix GGG is putting in for the knock back into wall bug, I think HS is looking really good.

I too noticed that my mana leech could not keep up with those other skills, unless I pruned back support gems to almost nothing. Stun, for example, has no mana cost. Added fire damage is not too high either.

That's very generous of you to offer the amulets to people using this build! I'm finding mine quite helpful in maps, and catacombs, chamber of sins, church dungeon..... maybe docks (I think the voidbearer breath is blockable with spell block).

As far as acrobatics, I did consider it in several of my theoretical builds, but decided against it due to the number of points it would take away from other things to reach it and the penalties. However, now that the penalties have been partially removed in a recent patch, it's probably a reasonable variation!
"
As far as acrobatics, I did consider it in several of my theoretical builds, but decided against it due to the number of points it would take away from other things to reach it and the penalties. However, now that the penalties have been partially removed in a recent patch, it's probably a reasonable variation!

I'm going to give it a try. I'll continue up the tree for acrobat after picking up Ondar's. I'll let you know how it goes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info