[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

I have been following this guide since level 25-30 or so and I have a question now regarding the bandits.

In normal I helped Kraityn and got the +%8 elemental resistance, I am currently in Cruel and with the changes in v0.11 I don't know whether to kill all and get the skill point or help Oak and get the +%18 physical damage. What do you think?
IGN: Altorparia
Timezone: GMT +3
"
Altorparia wrote:
I have been following this guide since level 25-30 or so and I have a question now regarding the bandits.

In normal I helped Kraityn and got the +%8 elemental resistance, I am currently in Cruel and with the changes in v0.11 I don't know whether to kill all and get the skill point or help Oak and get the +%18 physical damage. What do you think?

You're better off taking the +40 life in normal. You have plenty of resists with the two 10% resist while holding a shield nodes + Diamond Skin and what you can pick up on gear.

Personally I go for the 18% physical damage on melee characters. It's a pretty nice damage boost.
"
Obiradusorin wrote:
I am curious about one thing . I didn't study the game mechanics in depth so i was asking myself why Ondar Guile and not Iron reflexes ? Is the evasion better in later stages than the armour ? Atm i'm one step away from Iron Reflexes and will see the difference soon enough . was just curious if u took this path and maybe switch to Ondar later on.

Btw i didn't read all the pages in this thread, so if this Iron reflexes bit was explained already hope the post didn't raised any problems for you.

Thanks for your question!

Yes, it has come up maybe 10 times. :)

The reason to have some evasion and excellent chance to avoid projectiles is that, later on in the game, much of the serious damage will be via projectiles. Ondar's makes one almost immune to all of this. IR would, of course, ruin that capability. And for what? A little better mitigation vs. trash monsters.

As an additional benefit, with Grace, sticking with evasion gives you a 30% chance to avoid hits (BEFORE block is checked) which translates to 7.5% better chance that each blow will never damage your character.

IR may be comfortable in the mid levels but when you start seeing masses of chaos and elemental status ailment inflicting ranged monsters you will thank me. No, I never got IR at any point.

You need like 50,000 armor to be of much use against bosses anyway. Out of reach for most even with IR.
"
msespindola wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
msespindola wrote:
Ezomyte Helm is a bad item for this build?i just got a 4l and would love to use

If it's a white item, I would not use it or attempt to craft it.

If it's already a rare item and has decent life on it, sure, for now.

I don't really think energy shield is as good as life/armor/evasion for this build. I have a little, but only by accident.

You will also have a hard time getting the red sockets you need on ES items.

You will find other 4-link items, they are not that rare.

Sry,i've should been more clear,ezomyte unique helm!

Ah, right. Sorry, I thought you meant an: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Ezomyte_Circlet

The.... http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Ezomyte_Peak

...is not too bad. I think the "Cannot Evade enemy Attacks" property is far too steep a penalty for the stats it offers though. If you use it, I'd definitely suggest upgrading to a proper helmet when you reach merciless.
"
Altorparia wrote:

The above poster has sound advice. I'd go with the skill point in cruel personally, but the damage from Oak is fine as well.
Running into a bit of a dry spell with maps - I've done a bunch in a row with no map drops at all. Only have a few level 67 maps left - hope I get luckier soon. :)

Still hitting glorious plates with chances - might as well.

I did get an OK rare roll on one of them:

If only it had the life from this other one I got from a prior chance.....

No big deal, my current chest is fine for now.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jun 19, 2013, 6:39:17 PM
Thanks for enlightening me.
So I spent this awesome afternoon with a beautiful girl and suddenly everything gets better.
I bought this sword.

Dps got much much better, and it is not a struggle anymore. I solo'd Church Dungeon just now with my lvl 60. :D
"
Dreamer92 wrote:
So I spent this awesome afternoon with a beautiful girl and suddenly everything gets better.
I bought this sword.

Dps got much much better, and it is not a struggle anymore. I solo'd Church Dungeon just now with my lvl 60. :D

That looks like a pretty good sword. Congrats. :)

I do recall having to upgrade my weapon 4 or 5 times while leveling to keep the kill speed up.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jun 20, 2013, 8:37:21 PM
Per this discussion I added a couple more sentences to the weapon section in the guide - it now reads:

"Weapon - I do suggest a hard hitting fast weapon such as the Boarding Axe / Tomahawk / Siege Axe series with an attack speed suffix. You will need to constantly upgrade your weapon while leveling in order to keep your kill speed up. Look for rare one handed weapons with high physical damage percentage and flat physical and elemental damage bonuses and attack speed bonuses."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info