[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
LilHeathen wrote:
So I said screw it and did a respec ^^ Had a Lightning Coil , bought a Abyssus for pretty cheap ( after reading about it thought I'd test it out ) capping my light resist was a pain , was hopping someone had a few pointers to throw my way . Here's what im working with right now

Some of this gear is "temporary " Just put on stuff i had in stash , My life is still very low , 3.5k . Armor is about 7.5 k buffed , same with evasion . My question is how could I run a purity of lightning on top of grace and determination ? Piety was no prob , but when the few hits did get threw , I felt em . Would it be better off going with a pure Ar chest and Helm ? Or am I missing something with the Coil ? Love the build thus far ^^

Try dropping Grace and running Purity of Lightning. Should be great. Very powerful chest/helm combo, as I recommended in the guide. Must overcap lightning resist for full effect. That requires enough lightning resist from gear to reach about +39 in merciless with chest equipped. Looks like you are almost there now. Better amulet IMO.
Hi, I'm sorry to say I don't like your guide very much. Came here from another thread with someone following it and complaining that he was stuck in cruel after following this. I'll paste my reply from that thread here as reference:

"I had a look at his tree for 60 points (~lvl49).

Noone playing invasion can say that's a smart route. I am sorry he fooled you. Especially if you pitch your build as a newb friendly tanky build. Actually that dual route towards the right side of the tree just seems bad in general...

He is traveling all over the place, intentionally passing by tons of hp and reg nodes.

Now you slow down a second, leave the guide, see which uncompleted quests will give you respecc points. put it all into effective % regen nodes and %life nodes.

The good news is you are close to a lot of good nodes/clusters:

-in the dualist area you are next to one 8%, 12% life and 1% regen nodes. first prio
-in the templar area you are next to one 8% life and 1% regen nodes. second prio
-high up north you have 4x8% life nodes and one point from +2% max ress which is probably one of the top 3 strongest points in all of the tree.... third prio
-close to the bloodmagic node which you don't take there's a cluser you are next to with 3x8% life nodes. fourth prio
-high up north with 2 points travel you are close to the life+chaos ress nodes, grab the 18% one atleast. fivth prio
- It just walks past the whole new INSANE marauder area, I'm not sure how you would incorporate that the best way but perhaps consider it.

The bad news is that unless I'm missing something really obvious this traveling through the right side both south of dualist AND south of scion is just poor:
-skip the whole fork under scion and continue towards the juicy 18% life node that he does take up but go through acceleration->leather and steel->iron reflexes instead

So that's the build which is basically trash in it's progression at least.

In general:

- Invasion is hard
- Invasion is REALLY hard for melee
- always have max resist (and aim to grab the nodes that increase max resist).
- sort your links, no life leech or life on hit on melee is just madness
- I wouldn't trust that guide very much.
- xyz to buy better gear.
- don't be afraid to over level in cruel. What areas are good kindof changed in invasion, I prefer open areas where it's easy to avoid invasion bosses I don't like and obviously with lots of big juicy packs of easily killed whites and blues suitable for you build

good luck, you might want to consider rerolling or see if you can get enough respecc points/easy lvl's to incorporate some of the things mentioned above."
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
LazyZunde wrote:
Hey again just thought id pop on and show how my staff version of this build is going :)

tweaked my passive tree again, took out some dmg nodes for res and evasion as atm dmg is not an issue and 40% extra evasion might help compensate not having a shield

Slightly more optimized tree, IMHO:

link

thanks :) sweep + multistrike on a templar btw is to good :p

"
Joo wrote:
Hi, I'm sorry to say I don't like your guide very much. Came here from another thread with someone following it and complaining that he was stuck in cruel after following this. I'll paste my reply from that thread here as reference:

"I had a look at his tree for 60 points (~lvl49).

Noone playing invasion can say that's a smart route. I am sorry he fooled you. Especially if you pitch your build as a newb friendly tanky build. Actually that dual route towards the right side of the tree just seems bad in general...

He is traveling all over the place, intentionally passing by tons of hp and reg nodes.

Now you slow down a second, leave the guide, see which uncompleted quests will give you respecc points. put it all into effective % regen nodes and %life nodes.

The good news is you are close to a lot of good nodes/clusters:

-in the dualist area you are next to one 8%, 12% life and 1% regen nodes. first prio
-in the templar area you are next to one 8% life and 1% regen nodes. second prio
-high up north you have 4x8% life nodes and one point from +2% max ress which is probably one of the top 3 strongest points in all of the tree.... third prio
-close to the bloodmagic node which you don't take there's a cluser you are next to with 3x8% life nodes. fourth prio
-high up north with 2 points travel you are close to the life+chaos ress nodes, grab the 18% one atleast. fivth prio
- It just walks past the whole new INSANE marauder area, I'm not sure how you would incorporate that the best way but perhaps consider it.

The bad news is that unless I'm missing something really obvious this traveling through the right side both south of dualist AND south of scion is just poor:
-skip the whole fork under scion and continue towards the juicy 18% life node that he does take up but go through acceleration->leather and steel->iron reflexes instead

So that's the build which is basically trash in it's progression at least.

In general:

- Invasion is hard
- Invasion is REALLY hard for melee
- always have max resist (and aim to grab the nodes that increase max resist).
- sort your links, no life leech or life on hit on melee is just madness
- I wouldn't trust that guide very much.
- xyz to buy better gear.
- don't be afraid to over level in cruel. What areas are good kindof changed in invasion, I prefer open areas where it's easy to avoid invasion bosses I don't like and obviously with lots of big juicy packs of easily killed whites and blues suitable for you build

good luck, you might want to consider rerolling or see if you can get enough respecc points/easy lvl's to incorporate some of the things mentioned above."

guide states its ok for hardcore pre 1.1.0 patch not invasion post 1.1.0 patch which imo is much harder then the original hardcore

also if either of you had read past the first page its been suggested that you could level as other things like infernal blow(facebreaker), 2hander specthrow, searing bond and quite easily respec
"
Joo wrote:
put it all into effective % regen nodes and %life nodes.

That's all I needed to read in your post. Everything into life nodes is NOT a build. I'm providing an alternative. Max Block + evasion + double evasion vs projectiles + armour + spell block is quite effective. Have you tried it?

Additionally, you should provide a link to a passive tree you feel is superior, and I'll be happy to compare the total stats with mine and explain what the pros and cons are.
hey i was wondering with a 270 pDPS 1H at around level 75 could you told me how much tooltips DPS i would have? average? (with out OP rare normal 3-5 chaos per other piece)?
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
First, thanks to Sovyn for this superb, detailed guide!

I have found recently that there are definite requirements besides build to make this a viable build for self found folks. Sovyn's guide is great, even so, at the end of cruel and in beginning of merciless I found I was having troubles.

Before heading into Merciless you definitely NEED to have a minimum set of skill gems: (2-3) Reduced Mana - because lots of us do not have sexy 5l-6l on self found, Reave/Cleave, Melee Physical Damage, and Faster Attacks (found this really brought down the mobs faster).

AND

I cannot stress this one enough: some piece of gear with %2 Mana Leech. This bit right here really causes those of us with self found gear to survive. We generally have much lower health pools and resists than those that have the top end gear. So we take more damage. The only way you are going to be able to take that damage is if you do not have to worry about running out of mana and can plop down the recommended 4, or full, health potions in potion slots.

The attack gems combined with %2 Mana Leech really keep your mana topped off so you can focus more on health.

Also, this piece of gear, which I just acquired at level 58, while isnt super fabulous, really helped me at least survive longer. I do not think it is expensive and it would help those at the very low level because the requirement is only level 8:

Wurms Molt (do not know how to make those fancy links)

So far it is a struggle because I do not have the gear this build recommends and it might take a while to accrue it. However, I am stubborn and will get the gear over some time. I need more health pool, more armor, more block, and more resists (sounds suspiciously like nearly everything a melee needs). Not to mention all those Cast on Damage items...

People should be warned if this is your first character (as it is mine) and you do not have a stash of trading orbs then you will be quite a bit underpowered until you find/acquire all of the requisite bits to make this work.
Last edited by zwd on Mar 27, 2014, 9:05:45 PM
"
Joo wrote:

Opinions vary, but the lazy pally has stood up to the test with almost 300 pages of discussion, most of it positive...

There's a reason why Stone of Laz and Crest of Perandus are so expensive in invasion... X D

On to something completely different, I've borrowed a non legacy BoR (thanks Korrupted) and I'm completely stumped as to how to keep my mana up...

My first attempt was Reave + conc effect + added fire + multistrike + slitherpinches for the 2% mana drain. Complete failure, mana was an insurmountable problem.

Rejig the sockets, add a mana leech gem and remove slitherpinches, again, completely incapable (even though there is less mana being taken and more being leeched...)

The variation that finally worked? Reave + MS + IR + leech gem + slitherpinches + BoR...

Even tried respec'ing points in to mana reduction for auras to free up an extra 60 odd mana just in case it was using enough to almost drain the pool, didn't help.

The way I've heard people talk about the bringer makes it sound like the second coming (and to be fair, once you can support it with enough mana, it destroys things in short order. But I think I might need to respec points in to cost reduction nodes which should allow the leeches to keep up the output... =\
hey guys played this and still doing it is fun , I adapt myself and I made it good im around 20k dps , but now I have other things I wanna try and id like to sell my whole equip so here it is :

these comes with primary gems as well , with good iir for last hiting around 220 iir
74 block chance good evade rate like 37%

That weapon is the second best there is on server - min - max dmg - lower attack speed so enough with one mana leach ring and running clarity.

The weapon itself goes for like 20 ex so if anyone is interested please no law balz

"
Saviourself wrote:
"
Joo wrote:

Opinions vary, but the lazy pally has stood up to the test with almost 300 pages of discussion, most of it positive...

There's a reason why Stone of Laz and Crest of Perandus are so expensive in invasion... X D

On to something completely different, I've borrowed a non legacy BoR (thanks Korrupted) and I'm completely stumped as to how to keep my mana up...

My first attempt was Reave + conc effect + added fire + multistrike + slitherpinches for the 2% mana drain. Complete failure, mana was an insurmountable problem.

Rejig the sockets, add a mana leech gem and remove slitherpinches, again, completely incapable (even though there is less mana being taken and more being leeched...)

The variation that finally worked? Reave + MS + IR + leech gem + slitherpinches + BoR...

Even tried respec'ing points in to mana reduction for auras to free up an extra 60 odd mana just in case it was using enough to almost drain the pool, didn't help.

The way I've heard people talk about the bringer makes it sound like the second coming (and to be fair, once you can support it with enough mana, it destroys things in short order. But I think I might need to respec points in to cost reduction nodes which should allow the leeches to keep up the output... =\

I used Bloodmagic gem...probably not optimal though. Do you have leech on your rings?

I think a lot of the Bringer hype was because it saves you from the bullcrap of having to play the Fusing Game for a 6L (though from what I hear, Vaal Orbs may do that anyways to some extent).

Also I think a lot of this hype is coming from Dualwield Duelists, who absolutely rely on Bringer to hit a block chance in the 50s, while us sword/shield (or axe/shield or claw/shield) players can hit the block cap without BoR.
Last edited by K0rrupted on Mar 28, 2014, 12:25:22 AM
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
hey i was wondering with a 270 pDPS 1H at around level 75 could you told me how much tooltips DPS i would have? average? (with out OP rare normal 3-5 chaos per other piece)?

With these pertinent test items:

I get 8167 AOE DPS. Obviously, your 270 pDPS weapon is better, so your results would be higher. Don't forget quality gems, those help. Also, in groups, your damage would be more due to typical aura stacking.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info