[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
korzasa wrote:
So I can do that build in Invasion league and go with reave? Reave seems to be fun and can you explain why it is best endgame?

Yes, you can play hardcore, but you never want to play hardcore on your first full clear of Path of Exile's content. Got to learn all the ropes first.

Reave is great because its AOE range builds quickly to a large size so you can use concentrated effect and still have decent reach for highly efficient clearing times. Reave's damage effectiveness is higher than cleave as well. Reave's mana cost is very low, which is important.
Allright and why do you take those energy shield/armor nodes? just because of the armor or is the energy shield planned? And what about Elemental Adaption?
Hello , been eyeing this build for awhile , started it in Standard but went with something else in Amb. Well im not happy with my current build , its fun but end game dosent agree with it . My question is , how does this build hold up in high lvl maps ( 70- 74 ) since the latest patch ? I got funds , and a lot of eva gear saved up . Its gonna cost about 60 regrets to respect but I'd rather do that than start a new chac .
"
korzasa wrote:
Allright and why do you take those energy shield/armor nodes? just because of the armor or is the energy shield planned? And what about Elemental Adaption?

Shortest path to get to the highway to the shield block nodes up, and resolute technique down.

Previously, it used to traipse towards the marauder area, but Sov changed it to be a more direct route for a more effective use of the points.

"
LilHeathen wrote:
Hello , been eyeing this build for awhile , started it in Standard but went with something else in Amb. Well im not happy with my current build , its fun but end game dosent agree with it . My question is , how does this build hold up in high lvl maps ( 70- 74 ) since the latest patch ? I got funds , and a lot of eva gear saved up . Its gonna cost about 60 regrets to respect but I'd rather do that than start a new chac .

My biggest problems with maps come from pure spell bosses like Dominous phase 1, or those new Atziri bosses that rain ice/fire on you. This is with max block, stone of laz (so at least 50% spell block) + capped resists.

Melee bosses (ape on tropical island), projectile bosses, summoners etc are all ezimode.

And in other news, I tried my first hardcore lazy pally (who ever came up with the idea of putting random bosses in to a hardcore game when you're level one is a sadistic country music lover...). Rolled a disposable duelist to get reave/double strike quickly, found a decent foil and went to town. Managed to get past Brutus + all those bastard bosses no problemmo until I hit the spider cave, then ran in to that porcupine thing which does the building AOE flame wave which you cannot facetank. Used shield charge to get out of the way, desync, right back next to boss, dead... I'm having a hard time working up the urge to try again given that an arbitrary built in problem in the game is responsible for the death ie. I have no control over it.

That being said, until that point, I was absolutely monstering everything to death. Doesn't seem to be a big issue getting decent gear (I've now got a few stash tabs full of gear + a decent pile of currency). Also, for lowbie characters, Vaal Cold Snap is an exceptional spell for killing invasion bosses. Rush the boss, fire off cold snap, and in the 10 seconds it takes to wear off, you can easily take most of their HP with double strike (or reave if they have adds). It made physical bosses almost a non issue.

Thanks for the offer Korrupted. Be interesting to see how the BOR plays with the other gear at the moment. Happy to return it to you after I find my own. ;)

And you were bang on about the faster attacks Sov, with Slitherpinches I'm not seeing any interruption in attacks that I was getting from the mana leech gem. Paper DPS is showing about 4.9k and I can get a full stack of reave in less than a second. Farming merc docks subbing in rarity for conc effect and quantity for phys damage is still fast enough that most packs drop in seconds.

/endramblingdiatribe
Agamemnon II's journey in Ambush begins! Level 12 so far, Brutus is dead.

Skill Tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAR35T31jbZU1uaYTZmSubg6vFrK-9gb6n

Weapon:

Rustic Recipe ftw.

But tbh, I'm a bit burnt out on this game (and melee dudes in particular), so I'm not sure how fast I'll be leveling this dude up. Might start that Witch I've been thinking of.

Last edited by K0rrupted on Mar 24, 2014, 11:57:13 PM
"
korzasa wrote:

What Saviourself said, and also we get armour, resists from those nodes, pretty good value. Elemental adaptation is good but not worth the 2-4 points for most so it's not included in the guide build. If you make it to level 80+ with this build, and are serious about endgame, consider it, especially if you have BoR to respec a few block nodes.
"
LilHeathen wrote:
how does this build hold up in high lvl maps ( 70- 74 ) since the latest patch ?

Bunches of people have praised the build while using their lazy pally to clear high maps throughout the thread. The patch made no difference one way or the other. It's all about how good a merchant you are, just like with any other build in PoE. Here you can actually survive endgame without a legacy Kaom's though, which is news indeed for a melee build. So, a little bit more doable than most.
"
Saviourself wrote:

And in other news, I tried my first hardcore lazy pally (who ever came up with the idea of putting random bosses in to a hardcore game when you're level one is a sadistic country music lover...). Rolled a disposable duelist to get reave/double strike quickly, found a decent foil and went to town. Managed to get past Brutus + all those bastard bosses no problemmo until I hit the spider cave, then ran in to that porcupine thing which does the building AOE flame wave which you cannot facetank. Used shield charge to get out of the way, desync, right back next to boss, dead... I'm having a hard time working up the urge to try again given that an arbitrary built in problem in the game is responsible for the death ie. I have no control over it.

Agreed, most hardcore deaths are due to desync. Always sorry to hear about a friend dying in HC though.

I've taken to quitting to character select when I think I might die (which is fairly rare) and have been pretty successful with avoiding death that way. Obviously have to be quick. Still just playing standard ruleset leagues for the most part, would do hardcore if I had more time. Rl calls.
"
Sovyn wrote:
Auras - false - can run two auras early on by linking blood magic support to attack skill. When you get level 18 reduced mana (can trade for one, cheap) and a little mana regen/+mana on gear (cheap) can run two auras and attack skill off mana, adding damage support instead of BM gem.

Forgot that, right.

"
Sovyn wrote:
Weapon expense relative to other builds - false - any build requires an expensive item to be the best it can be. Crit builds, say daggers, require other mods that are very expensive as well when perfect.

At least there is the rustic sash recipe :)

"
Sovyn wrote:
Low Damage - false - physical damage is more effective than inflated elemental damage claims you see around, and with RT, it's consistent. Damage potential up to 30K+ Physical AOE DPS with the best gear. I recall a fellow that made it to level 100 with essentially a clone of my build and posted a thread with the best gear and showed this is possible. Mirror gear obviously, but everyone that's around bragging about their damage, with any build, is running mirror gear. Just the way it is. What this build does is balance survivability with damage.

At least in my group nobody uses physical weapons at the moment, so every good +phys drop should go to me :p

I will play this build (or a variant of it, starting from Marauder - saving me some nodes to go the Inner Force route and a little more +max-res) anyway. I hope damage potential is good in a 4-player-group ... but even without luck the build should be able to at least contribute by facetanking all those annoying mobs :)
What are you guys using for mobility? Leap slam or whirling blades? And what about taking Oak 18% physical damage at cruel?
Last edited by korzasa on Mar 25, 2014, 1:16:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info