[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

i've stashed that Mace for Radagast now for a week, but never catch him online ^^

"
Vulpix0r wrote:

I just tested the blind. On a level 10 blind gem, I evade most of my attacks and I rarely have to block despite the 60%+ blocking on my character. And blind only proc 2x in the 100 hits from the enemy (tested on one of the ghost sailors in docks, merciless). Maybe it's useful if there's a lot of enemy, but due to the evasion, I don't think it's worth using. Single target bosses will probably not proc blind at all.

Guys thank you for your feedback. If it 's already been tested, maybe there is no need for me to test it again, we 'll see. Just thought it could be useful in some situations, where you are kiting one of the nasty exiles and get free blinds just by walking around and hit during the blinding. Might also be useful against the Tentacle Miscreation Unique from the Museum map for example, because of its huge attack speed. It was also bothering me a bit that it is a somewhat "win more" setup (you have to block to have a chance to blind) and not exactly another safety layer. Only one comment about the evasion part, if the lvl gap between you and the mobs isn't huge I wouldn't expect you to evade most of the melee attacks. I only have around 40% chance to evade, with grace on.

This drop freaking made my day today. I was farming in Merciless Docks, died once due to desync from Voidbearers, and after cringing at that death, I went back to farm. And viola, Stone of Lazhwar. It's not a 10 exalt item, but it helped me to save 1 chaos orb. :D
Last edited by Vulpix0r on Jan 23, 2014, 7:03:20 AM
Hi Sovyn,

Wanted to share my final build which as stated before it's pretty much based on your build and play style except focused on ES and thus choosing specific nodes to help support it.

Let me know what your thoughts are

My Gear (it's final except for Gloves, need a better rare ES rolled gloves)

My Build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAdwB5wSzBS0UIBRNFHEXLxjbGjIaOBrbG_odFCFgI00l3yftKMUppTWSNug26TrYPeJANkCgQapDY0RyRmlHfkp9SshMNU3YTeNOKk99UEdRYFPfVcZV1lb6WK9Y21j1WfNZ_luvYEtk52VNZadmnmegbmluqnB9cU1yqXTtdPF4DXrvfNmAVoCkgW-ExITZhO-HdojxjHaPRpAKkFWVm5rPm4OdxJ48nrmiAKQZplenMKeEqW6sWayqrK-0-bXytzG3076KvqfAD8Aaz2XQ0NJN18vdDeJh42rsOO4O8B_xivPd9zL3vvjr-tL8xf6P

Life: 4k (will be close to 5.5k at the end
Armor: 13k now with self Determination (will be 15k)
ES: 1800 now with self Discipline (will be 2k+)
DPS: ~25k Heavy Strike and ~15k Cleave

I have no problems in any Map and Bosses except Torture Chamber, have not done Dominus in Map 78 yet...

All I can say is that this build is amazing, your specific build is bar none the most OP build you can have for under 1ex pretty much, which is pretty much OP.
Having ES requires a ton more currency to scale and be effective, but you're pretty much immortal, I have had a total of 11 deaths in 85 levels.... on insane rolled maps, but being able to solo every map makes this spec so versatile and fun. My friend really hate how I can literally afk in the middle of 30-50 mobs.... the more the better for ES.

Let me know if you have any feedback of how to further improve the build.

Thanks for the guide!
Last edited by Xeneize on Jan 23, 2014, 11:54:02 AM
Double post
Last edited by Xeneize on Jan 23, 2014, 11:52:23 AM
"
Only one comment about the evasion part, if the lvl gap between you and the mobs isn't huge I wouldn't expect you to evade most of the melee attacks. I only have around 40% chance to evade, with grace on.

I'm around there too. Say we have a blind gem at level 17, that's 12% chance to blind. So..... math time:

.6 * .75 * .12 = .054

Basically chance to not evade times chance to block times chance to blind. 5 percent. Not worth it. :)
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
This drop freaking made my day today. I was farming in Merciless Docks, died once due to desync from Voidbearers, and after cringing at that death, I went back to farm. And viola, Stone of Lazhwar. It's not a 10 exalt item, but it helped me to save 1 chaos orb. :D

Excellent! Congratulations! Now those voidbearers will be cake.
"
Xeneize wrote:
Hi Sovyn,

Wanted to share my final build which as stated before it's pretty much based on your build and play style except focused on ES and thus choosing specific nodes to help support it.

All I can say is that this build is amazing, your specific build is bar none the most OP build you can have for under 1ex pretty much, which is pretty much OP.
Having ES requires a ton more currency to scale and be effective, but you're pretty much immortal, I have had a total of 11 deaths in 85 levels.... on insane rolled maps, but being able to solo every map makes this spec so versatile and fun. My friend really hate how I can literally afk in the middle of 30-50 mobs.... the more the better for ES.

Thanks for the guide!

Hi Xeneize. :)

Thanks for the update. Looks great! A couple comments -

- If I had your budget I probably would have gone for physical damage on the rings as we get more bang out of physical, but I see why you chose those, the resists are very good.

- I'd get Weapon Artistry instead of the two 2% block nodes that lead into Bulwark.

- You could then also see if you can do better than the 5 points it takes to get into Purity of Flesh.

- Amplify may be worth experimenting with, it's now part of the official 120 point build.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Xeneize wrote:
Hi Sovyn,

Thanks for the guide!

Hi Xeneize. :)

Thanks for the update. Looks great! A couple comments -

- If I had your budget I probably would have gone for physical damage on the rings as we get more bang out of physical, but I see why you chose those, the resists are very good.

- I'd get Weapon Artistry instead of the two 2% block nodes that lead into Bulwark.

- You could then also see if you can do better than the 5 points it takes to get into Purity of Flesh.

- Amplify may be worth experimenting with, it's now part of the official 120 point build.

Thanks for the reply!

- Yes I agree, DPS rings would have been great and still an option, however the need to have the resists. My problem is that because I'm heavy in uniques, my room for resistances are limited to the rings and gloves, and my gloves don't have resists ATM (can't part with all the utility they give me) But I know there are complete rings out there waiting for me to find them :)

- Wow!, how did I miss the Weapon Artistry node! I guess at the time I needed defences and forgot to come back.

- Great point. Purity of flesh was just so good at the time, however I can probably get the more life by completing the big circle and then i'll have an extra point for further life or dps. Thx for that!

- Amplify is amazing, I couldn't live without it with my AoE Marauder, again my focus was on getting life, but with the points I'm saving on the purity of flesh, I may just get it now.

Another question.... What are your thoughts on Vaal Pact? Worth it?

Thx for the valuable comments!
Which part of the skill tree is Amplify located? I think I'm blind...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info