[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Mithrandelat wrote:
remark to sovereignty.

you can take that node and run 2 x 60% and 1 x 40% aura with that nodes.
I did that to run grace + hatred + vit to support the life-cost of cyclone.

Regards Mith

Right, only works with blood magic support, because you won't have any mana left for skills. I don't recommend blood magic in my build in the end game, especially with very high cost skills like cyclone. Too risky due to desync. Risky, because it just makes one a bit more vulnerable to monsters than necessary when reave does the same damage or more and happily works within 60 mana with 2% mana leech. What happens is, you are whirling along, (you think) hitting monsters because they are standing right next to you. However, what actually happens is that, server side, the monsters are not actually standing within your cyclone AOE area size and therefore your life drains away because you are not leeching. Just at that very moment, a pack of splitting whatevers gets a lucky couple rounds and since your life is at about 60% from the blood magic cyloning thin air, down you go.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jan 22, 2014, 8:13:14 PM
"
Awesome build...
But one question, if i take one hand melee dmg nodes it will work as well with facebreaker?
Or if i use facebreaker all these dmg nodes gone be inviable?

Hi there leonardo11902011!

Only nodes that say Increased Melee Physical Damage work with facebreaker. The ones that specify 1-handed weapons, nope, spend them on progressing the build elsewhere instead (not like you will get to level 100 anyway.....). :) Berserking is a must with facebreaker as it's one of the few nodes that boosts it substantially.

I just tested the blind. On a level 10 blind gem, I evade most of my attacks and I rarely have to block despite the 60%+ blocking on my character. And blind only proc 2x in the 100 hits from the enemy (tested on one of the ghost sailors in docks, merciless). Maybe it's useful if there's a lot of enemy, but due to the evasion, I don't think it's worth using. Single target bosses will probably not proc blind at all.
Last edited by Vulpix0r on Jan 23, 2014, 12:19:12 AM
"
Vulpix0r wrote:

I just tested the blind. On a level 10 blind gem, I evade most of my attacks and I rarely have to block despite the 60%+ blocking on my character. And blind only proc 2x in the 100 hits from the enemy (tested on one of the ghost sailors in docks, merciless). Maybe it's useful if there's a lot of enemy, but due to the evasion, I don't think it's worth using. Single target bosses will probably not proc blind at all.

Yeah, that's what I thought as I recall the lightning flicker on the mobs from tempest shield being somewhat of a rare sight back when I used tempest, and, Blind comes with its own 'chance' that has to roll after that.

Good job testing.

Blind is still a good choice as a support for the attack skill or 'free' with BoR though as it will be applied much more consistently. Just not as necessary with this build as most.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jan 22, 2014, 9:13:55 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Vulpix0r wrote:

Yeah, that's what I thought as I recall the lightning flicker on the mobs from tempest shield being somewhat of a rare sight back when I used tempest, and, Blind comes with its own 'chance' that has to roll after that.

Good job testing.

Blind is still a good choice as a support for the attack skill or 'free' with BoR though as it will be applied much more consistently. Just not as necessary with this build as most.

I removed my life leech gem and put faster attack in its place with multistrike. I've been able to survive! The only slight issue now is me having to kite the void bearers a little so I do not take too much damage (it's not really an issue, just my lazy arse), and desync because I'm attacking hilariously fast with heavy strike+multistrike+faster attack. :p
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
I'm attacking hilariously fast with heavy strike+multistrike+faster attack. :p

"hilariously fast" is what I approve of. :)
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
I'm attacking hilariously fast with heavy strike+multistrike+faster attack. :p

"hilariously fast" is what I approve of. :)

I tried to find a Like button after seeing your post, but damn, there isn't one.
Unfortunately I've outgrown my mace already

Anyone have an upgrade I can buy? Would like %phys, flat phys, and attack speed still.
Here is some research I've been working on.

Update 01.22.2014 added heavy strike with splash, cyclone with concentrated
Update 01.18.2014 added cleave, cyclone, spectral throw.

I've been full clearing the Merciless Archives (over and over and over) with no movement speed items or skills (which obviously would speed things up, but to make the results more consistent, I did not use them). The Archives is a fairly good and somewhat consistent testing area.

This is all to show (approximately) which skill combos are most efficient with this build. The DPS tooltip number actually has little to do with it, thus this research.

Of course, I am limited as I don't have many linked items to choose from. But it is still interesting.

Each skill has been run several times with a stopwatch until the area is fully clear and the run times averaged for greater accuracy.

Here are the average clear times for various skill and support gem configurations, ranked from good to terrible:

reave - multistrike - melee physical damage - faster attacks - concentrated effect
456 seconds

cyclone - concentrated effect - faster attacks - blood magic - life leech (note: risky)
518 seconds

cyclone - melee physical damage - faster attacks - blood magic (note: risky)
583 seconds

double strike - multistrike - melee splash - faster attacks
594 seconds

heavy strike - multistrike - melee splash - melee physical damage
607 seconds

infernal blow - multistrike - melee splash - melee physical damage
625 seconds

double strike - multistrike - melee splash - faster attacks - concentrated effect
656 seconds

double strike - multistrike - melee splash - melee physical damage
657 seconds

heavy strike - multistrike - melee physical damage - faster attacks
776 seconds

double strike - melee splash - blood magic - faster attacks - increased area of effect
817 seconds

cleave - multistrike - melee physical damage - faster attacks
858 seconds

spectral throw - lesser multiple projectiles - faster attacks - added fire damage - blood magic
958 seconds

infernal blow - faster attacks - mana leech - melee splash - concentrated effect
1031 seconds

infernal blow - mana leech - melee splash - melee physical damage
1223 seconds
Hi Radagastt,

I have this axe if you want. Let me know.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info