[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
NetherArum wrote:
Can I make a small tweak?

Instead of getting that last point, get the 40% increased mana regeneration. That will help with chaining reaves as well as keying up mana regen for you.

I don't see the harm in getting that mana regen node if it helps you. Obviously, you will have to give up something else to get it. Never enough points to go around. :)
Last edited by NutImNot on Jan 5, 2014, 7:40:27 PM
Funnily enough, I found not one, but TWO Stone of Lazhwar's today.

I also used a few regrets, got rid of Purity of Flesh and picked up Amplify instead. The DPS increase is very modest (couple hundred), but the size of the AOE is noticeably better now I think, especially with concentrated effect making it so small.

I also switched experimentally to a Crest of Perandus since I have an evasion 5L chest on now, which keeps my evade up around 38% with Grace even without the shield contributing (40% is a good target value). With Crest I can respec one 2% block node into something different.

When I'm comfortable with all the personal changes I'll update the current gear section. (The guide info and 120 pt tree is still current, for now.)
Sovyn,

Are you finding Reave to play better than Heavy Strike as of late? or just a change of pace?
"
McCloude wrote:
Sovyn,

Are you finding Reave to play better than Heavy Strike as of late? or just a change of pace?

Maybe slightly better, given equivalent weapon. Monsters don't have much armour, maybe 900, so HS is not really required. I think most people find a cone AoE (Reave, Ground Slam...) to be easier to play rather than a multi-HS combo (which I have no problem with but many do). I don't think melee splash is really viable with two auras without using BM support, which I'm not fond of at all.
I was working on a very similar build when I found this... very nice guide, extremely detailed and helpful. Gave me super good ideas...

Is there any reason why NOT to take Blood Magic? I mean being able to run Cyclone fully slotted or any other attack and spamming it non-stop has got to be better than running any auras...

Thoughts? I'm sure I'm missing something.
"
Xeneize wrote:
I was working on a very similar build when I found this... very nice guide, extremely detailed and helpful. Gave me super good ideas...

Is there any reason why NOT to take Blood Magic? I mean being able to run Cyclone fully slotted or any other attack and spamming it non-stop has got to be better than running any auras...

Thoughts? I'm sure I'm missing something.

I originally had BM on the tree like a year ago, but took it off as I find the auras very useful and do not care for my life flickering up and down. Can't use the Melee Damage on Full Life support either.

Cyclone is not so good from the desync standpoint, and the life/mana requirements are rather ridiculous. :)

I can run two 60% auras and still use a 5L Reave non-stop as it is a low mana cost skill.
I guess I'll drop BM when I get more Inell and better gear to support the mana.

Thanks for the great guide.

I already have the BoR, Aegis Aurora and working on getting legacy Rainbowstrider, can't wait to hit 67!

Currently 43 in A2 Cruel, not a single death. :)
"
Xeneize wrote:
I guess I'll drop BM when I get more Inell and better gear to support the mana.

Thanks for the great guide.

I already have the BoR, Aegis Aurora and working on getting legacy Rainbowstrider, can't wait to hit 67!

Currently 43 in A2 Cruel, not a single death. :)

You're welcome! Sounds like you are pretty well geared. I was going to say that as long as you have around 40% mitigation and 35% evade without auras you would be OK without determination and grace, but on second thought you would want to run haste / hatred / discipline (aegis) in that case, so never mind.
Thanks. Yes, I'm well geared, this is my 2nd toon, my main is 88 so needless to say, life has been much easier for my Templar than my Marauder :)

My Mitigation is at 90% and my Evasion at 25%, my DPS is 1200 with Heavy Strike, this is all unbuffed. I think, by the looks of it anyhow, that by level 60 I'll have enough Intelligence and mana regen to be able to drop in which case I'll take on those Auras.

I did find this sweet axe with my main which I'm hoping works for my endgame Templar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info