[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
laburnum wrote:

not if you are using facebreaker, since you dont require any weapon

by using stone of lazhwar, you have to give up other stats on amulet which is equivalent to at least 6 passive points

Facebreaker is an excellent choice as mentioned in the guide.

The nice thing about the build is all the choices available. The Stone is not the only amulet that will serve you well. I don't think I'll be taking mine off though. :)
Question about the endgame build.
In the duelist area you pick 3 nodes; 1% life regen, 12% phy, 15% phy +12 life.

I was wondering why you dont pick the 2 nodes in bottomleft corner giving; 12% phy +6% life, 12%phy +6% life and lets say another 10% phy node.

It feels like the 1% life regen doesn't do much for me since i barely get any damage.
And about the life; 12 life gives me about 25 actual life, while the 2x 6% nodes would give me 80 actual life atm. The second option would also give me 7% more phy dmg (there is probably even a better node to be found here)
"
Bloemist wrote:
Question about the endgame build.
In the duelist area you pick 3 nodes; 1% life regen, 12% phy, 15% phy +12 life.

I was wondering why you dont pick the 2 nodes in bottomleft corner giving; 12% phy +6% life, 12%phy +6% life and lets say another 10% phy node.

It feels like the 1% life regen doesn't do much for me since i barely get any damage.
And about the life; 12 life gives me about 25 actual life, while the 2x 6% nodes would give me 80 actual life atm. The second option would also give me 7% more phy dmg (there is probably even a better node to be found here)

Hi Bloemist. :)

That seems like a reasonable tweak for those that make it that far. I know some people are big on life regen, but I agree with you, I don't notice much difference.

The damage and life nodes you are referring to have been mentioned several times in the thread as pretty good choices.

Go right ahead, you have my seal of approval on that plan. :D
Hello, fellow lazy pallies!

I have a bit of a problem that I was hoping Sovyn and/or the rest of you lovely templars could help me with. It's not defense by any means: when I'm dressed for success in my non-MF gear, I rarely take damage, blocking damn near everything. When I do take damage, it's usually quite small and recovered super quickly.

My problem is, I think, a common one for this build: DPS.

The skills

I use Double Strike as my heavy-hitting solo striker for bosses, but Reave is my primary attack.

Tooltip DPS on Double Strike? About 5200.

Tooltip DPS on Reave? 3500.

As for auras: I use Templar Shield until I can replace it in my next level-up with a 4% block node. I also use Determination to bump me up to 35% armor, as my evasion is already 41%.

Sometimes, when running Piety or 66-68 maps, I'll swap Determination for Hatred, which adds about 1000 dps to my tooltip skills.

As for CWDT links: running Enfeeble, Temporal Chains (which I intend on splitting up into two different CWDTs so I can alternate between them), Molten Shell, and Enduring Cry.

The build

Followed Sovyn's build almost to the letter. I did, however, spec about 4 or 5 points into sword specialties (AS, increased damage).

The gear

The problem

I just can't kill things quickly enough! I didn't get into this build for the uber-fast killing speed; I realize its primary benefit is defense and I greatly appreciate the build for doing what it's good at doing. Still, I find myself taking what I think is an inordinate amount of time to clear mobs.

What can I do to improve my DPS and killing speed? Thanks kindly.
"
Bandray wrote:
Hello, fellow lazy pallies!

I have a bit of a problem that I was hoping Sovyn and/or the rest of you lovely templars could help me with. It's not defense by any means: when I'm dressed for success in my non-MF gear, I rarely take damage, blocking damn near everything. When I do take damage, it's usually quite small and recovered super quickly.

My problem is, I think, a common one for this build: DPS.
What can I do to improve my DPS and killing speed? Thanks kindly.

Hi Bandray. :)

You could consider the curse "vulnerability". It adds quite a bit to a physical damage build like ours. You could put it in your CwDT setup instead of enfeeble if you want to play a bit more on the wild side. Adds about 26% more damage that way. You would have to manually remove the gem for major bosses though as it would overwrite your higher level enfeeble on them, which may not be a good thing. Or, a little less lazy but still an option, you could level up vulnerability high and cast it manually for even more damage.

You could also consider the two damage and life nodes located across from the blood magic keystone instead of a couple plain 8% life nodes. Damage nodes don't actually do much, but it's something.

To do more damage with Reave, you would need a Melee Physical Damage support instead of Life Leech, and a Concentrated Effect instead of the Item Rarity. Sorry to say, two damage supports just won't cut it for a melee in the endgame. Also, any 'high damage' build is using 20% quality gems, of course. So, that's a goal to work toward.

Gloves - could get some with physical damage, makes a difference.

Helms - Bringer of Rain or Abyssus (risky but good damage). Or leave it.

Belt - can get a little more damage here. Up to 24%. Or try Meginord's.

Movement, use whirling blades on right mouse to get around between packs, it would improve your overall clearing speed.

Have fun!
Happy New Year to all fellow lazy pallies. :) May 2014 be filled with easygoing success.
Happy new year and may the god of drops be with you all!
people make mistakes, but to get real chaos, you need a computer.
Updated the version number on the guide as the build is still working great in the current patch. Considering a small tweak to the endgame skill tree, will update tomorrow.
Updated the 120 point build and stats summary in the guide today.

Removed 2% life regen, 27% damage, 16% life, 20 str, 12 life.

Added 39% damage, 20% life, 10 int, 8% area damage, 12% area radius instead.

Good change as I don't find extra life regen helpful. Will keep Golem's Blood though -- need some regen for certain map mods and that's enough.

Next on the to-do list is to update the progression builds and my attack skill gem recommendations over the next few days.
"
Sovyn wrote:
Updated the 120 point build and stats summary in the guide today.

Removed 2% life regen, 27% damage, 16% life, 20 str, 12 life.

Added 39% damage, 20% life, 10 int, 8% area damage, 12% area radius instead.

Good change as I don't find extra life regen helpful. Will keep Golem's Blood though -- need some regen for certain map mods and that's enough.

Next on the to-do list is to update the progression builds and my attack skill gem recommendations over the next few days.

Ohhhhh... Updates... Will have to check them out tonight. Excited to see what you come up with on the gem recommendations.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info