[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Firderis wrote:
I hit lvl 79 in hardcore dominion, my problem so far is the damage itself. Blocking works fine, but maps alone is a pain in the ***, in reason of timemanagment (the missing DPS)

My equipment:

All resis are at 75%, block is 74%, and chaos is at 2%. Lifepoints are something like 4'300 or nearby. I play completly selffound (or crafted). And right now I collect every "infernal axe" I can found, but was not that lucky yet :(

PS: the gems at the shield and weapon are for leveling :)

Nice gear for self found. Room for improvement on the weapon but you are working on that. As you know, I am self found too, so I know how hard it is.

To be fair to the build, strictly self found you can't really do what people consider 'good DPS' with any build no matter what the poster claims, without getting really lucky. I have tried two other popular melee builds that claim 30K-40K DPS and did maybe 4k DPS self found by the upper 70s. I actually did more damage with my lazy pally. :D

Path of Exile is designed to reward the trade magnates as they can get the good uniques and 5L or 6L and 20% quality gems. It's still fun and challenging without trading though. I still have fun.
"
Sovyn wrote:

Path of Exile is designed to reward the trade magnates as they can get the good uniques and 5L or 6L and 20% quality gems. It's still fun and challenging without trading though. I still have fun.

Well, the good thing is you can found items for other champs. With the founds of my lazy pally I build now a spectral scion:

right now using:

with lvl 58:

So, "self found" seems to be fine, as long as you collect items for more then one champ :)
A little update from me.

I am 81 now (10% away from 82).
My (self found) gear did not change since lvl 75 or so, but i have to say, that soloing maps up to 68 are not really a problem.

But i am still out of the Stone of Lahzwar.
Don`t know why i can`t get one.

I earn :

also 3

and again 3

But that damn Stone will not drop.

I have a 76 farmchar, with 200 iir and 56 iiq.
With the mf gear i can do max fellshrine merciless.

Any hints, where the biggest chance is, to get the Stone?

people make mistakes, but to get real chaos, you need a computer.
"
qualopeqh wrote:

I found mine very early. If I remember it correctly it was at normal, act 2
"
qualopeqh wrote:

That's a lot of rare amulets you have found - way more than me. Stone can drop pretty much anywhere, I found mine in Lunaris 3 (Merciless). I wonder if normal Merveil would have the best chance though.
It may looks good to find that much uniques, but it is also very annoying, to get always that ones, you still have...

So i will try it again and again and again... :-)

Personal Update - Occasionally, I have hit 6 socket items I find with a fusing or two in hopes of getting my first decent 5-link. After about a year of trying, I got one.

I hit the following item with one armour's scrap, and one fusing.

I've never had any luck spamming fusings on an item, so I figured it would happen like this eventually.

I then used an alchemy and as usual did not get anything decent with the alchemy, so I hit it with a chaos. It's not a terrible roll but not great either. Not sure I want to use a pile of chaos on it though (I only have 10 left).

Obviously I would have hoped to stay with Astral/Glorious Plate, but not many 6 socket ones drop and I have tried a lot of orbs on them with no success.

I've been changing all my gear around to try to make the resists work now. :) Spent a lot of alchemy and chaos on various titan gloves/boots/24% rustic sashes/etc. Nothing amazing but at least I cam max out my resists with some sacrifices.

The gem set in there is experimental but looks promising. Sure was hard to get 2 red sockets on this.

Still not sure this new setup is worth it for one more link. If I decide it is someday, I'll update the gear section.
Playing around with Ground Slam again today with a somewhat decent mace I found -

I think Ground Slam is fun enough to use with Multistrike, but without Multistrike and Faster Attacks, Ground Slam feels too slow, at least with this weapon.

Reave seems to be more fun and faster paced as it can be used with whirling blades for movement, although that does reset the range. The range would often reset anyway between packs as stacks last only 2 seconds. The only annoying thing about Reave is the variable range. It certainly does more damage than Cleave though.

I'm using it with this claw -

Either skill seems to benefit substantially from Concentrated Effect. I have a blue socket on my 5-link, not much else to use it for. The area size is pretty small! I suppose a leveled up added lightning or increased AOE, or item rarity could work instead of concentrated. Hard to give up the DPS number on the tooltip, goes up 1/3rd.

That's it for today's ramble.
Merry Christmas to all Lazy Pallies. :) And a Happy New Year.
Same to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info