[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Lvl 15 and going up doing good until now can u tell me if my wep is good and my shield too
Extremely detailed guide but it doesn't say whether or not its Nemesis viable.
hi ezra
"
Aowek wrote:
Lvl 15 and going up doing good until now can u tell me if my wep is good and my shield too

Yes those are fine for level 15. Anything will get you by at level 15. As with any build in the current state of things in PoE, you will have to become a master trader at some point if you want to get the most out of the build. But it is possible to play this build into the endgame self found if you are willing farm and craft (gamble). I did.
"
Iconik wrote:
Extremely detailed guide but it doesn't say whether or not its Nemesis viable.

Yes it is. :) We have had several lazy pallies get well into their 80s in hardcore leagues.

As this has been asked a number of times, I suppose I should add this to the FAQ.
would an aegis aurora shield be good with this? Cause your thread states to find a high evasion shield.
"
cheekz115 wrote:
would an aegis aurora shield be good with this? Cause your thread states to find a high evasion shield.

Yes, the guide also states that the Aegis Aurora is a standout if you have some energy shield. I just don't want to emphasize it as the build needs to be open to those just starting out.
Regarding Torture Chamber Boss, I am fairly sure her attack is simply an electrical version of incinerate which has unlimited stages of stacks. (Incinerate is a spell which the longer you repeatedly cast the spell from the same location, the larger and more damaging the flames become)

The basic idea is to not let her hit you repeatedly, you should move around, do quick hit and runs to prevent her from accumlating incinerate stacks)

Ideas to try:

1) Use Leap Slam (Ideally Leap Slam + Faster Attacks) to jump over the pillars. Abuse the 3 pillars situated in the boss chamber, the laser cannot penetrate the pillars. (fairly sure the pillars are put there intentionally by GGG)

2) Use Fairgrave's Tricorn as Sovyn mentioned, while you cannot be shocked, her laser still does absurd amount of damage without shock.

3) Use Cast When Damage Taken with Lightning Wrap, saw this on a Youtube video. You wrap around the map, preventing incinerate stacks from accumalating.

Things that do NOT work:

1) Spell Block: Tried with Saffell's Frame and Stone of Lazhwar, still got instantgibbed.

Alas, there are things you cannot facetank with Lazy Pally. Vaal Oversoul's Fist smash is one, Shock and Awe's laser beam is another one. It essentially is like a Vaal Oversoul, a test of player skill (ie. Dodge Vaal's fist smash/ Dodge Shock and Awe's laser) rather than gear.
Last edited by Paperwork on Dec 21, 2013, 9:12:12 PM
accidental double post
Last edited by Paperwork on Dec 21, 2013, 9:12:31 PM
"
Paperwork wrote:

Ideas to try:

Alas, there are things you cannot facetank with Lazy Pally. Vaal Oversoul's Fist smash is one, Shock and Awe's laser beam is another one. It essentially is like a Vaal Oversoul, a test of player skill (ie. Dodge Vaal's fist smash/ Dodge Shock and Awe's laser) rather than gear.

Fixed : Ideas to try in Standard or Domination league. :)

To be fair, there are many threads complaining about torture chamber's boss, so it's not just our build. :) It's just overtuned right now.

I agree that some mechanics like the Vaal / Dominus smash are intended to be tests of player skill rather than build issues.

Thanks for the ideas though, I like 'em.
I hit lvl 79 in hardcore dominion, my problem so far is the damage itself. Blocking works fine, but maps alone is a pain in the ***, in reason of timemanagment (the missing DPS)

My equipment:

All resis are at 75%, block is 74%, and chaos is at 2%. Lifepoints are something like 4'300 or nearby. I play completly selffound (or crafted). And right now I collect every "infernal axe" I can found, but was not that lucky yet :(

PS: the gems at the shield and weapon are for leveling :)
Last edited by Firderis on Dec 22, 2013, 2:55:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info