[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Are you going to eventually do a breakdown of skill point progression for the skill tree?

Like level 20

level 30

and so on?

Thanks for the changes!
Last edited by Route1 on Jun 7, 2013, 11:29:10 AM
first off let me be the like 200th+ person to say thanks for spending time and finding this build! i think this will work wonders in the new anarchy league :)

i havent played in quite a while but is there generally a better type of 1hand weapon like axe, sword, or mace? or just use whatever you find?

that is my only question again ty a lot your build seems amazingly fun and easy for a casual like me :)

edit: i lied i have 1 more question do you think this build would be good for onslaught too?
Last edited by newbii3 on Jun 7, 2013, 12:53:23 PM
"
Zeo2002 wrote:
Let me start by thanking you for your time in posting and responding to everyone as well. First, where do you receive your block recovery from (I didn't see it in the nodes). Second, I've searched through the forums and the wiki and I only found one posting that said "There's no benefit from Block Recover". Can you or anyone else confirm that there is no benefit?

"
Sovyn wrote:

- added 40% increased block recovery

Thanks!

Block recovery has some value, but minimal. I needed 1 more point of block so I took the node with 1% block and 40% block recovery. It can't hurt, although most blocks are 'free' that is, there is no stun, when a character would be otherwise stunned due to a large blow that IS blocked, then block recovery makes the hesitation slightly shorter.
"
Route1 wrote:
Are you going to eventually do a breakdown of skill point progression for the skill tree?

Like level 20

level 30

and so on?

Thanks for the changes!

Yes. :)

I had the progression builds for the original build, but with all of the changes I want to re-do it.
"
newbii3 wrote:
first off let me be the like 200th+ person to say thanks for spending time and finding this build! i think this will work wonders in the new anarchy league :)

i havent played in quite a while but is there generally a better type of 1hand weapon like axe, sword, or mace? or just use whatever you find?

that is my only question again ty a lot your build seems amazingly fun and easy for a casual like me :)

edit: i lied i have 1 more question do you think this build would be good for onslaught too?

I'm glad so many are finding my modest build helpful. :) It is indeed one of the easier options available as far as complexity of play and able to survive better than most, although not the last word in DPS.

Weapons - The Boarding axe / Tomahawk / Siege axe series (depending on your level) have a nice mix of high damage and speed. One would need exceptional rolls on other weapon types to compensate for the lesser DPS relative to what a decent axe could do. However, these exceptional rolls do happen.

The accuracy on swords won't be useful. The stun on maces might be, but not noticeable in practice.

- The build should be fine in any league. In onslaught, defense will be king I would guess, so why not?
I have yet another question ;-)

Earlier this day I took my lvl 70 Marauder and simply respeced him according to your build, simply to test it and because I will not play that character anymore.

So I went ahead and tested some skills like Heavy Strike, Infernal Blow and Double Strike or what the name of it is ;-)
Personally I liked Infernal Blow the most but elemental damage has been nerfed so I was wondering wether or not this skill would make any sense. If physical skills are clearly superior now I would rather stick with one of them although I would not know which one up to this point :-( is frenzy with multistrike and melee splash a good idea? Sounds kinda sick to me ;-)
"
fLaxX wrote:
I have yet another question ;-)

Earlier this day I took my lvl 70 Marauder and simply respeced him according to your build, simply to test it and because I will not play that character anymore.

So I went ahead and tested some skills like Heavy Strike, Infernal Blow and Double Strike or what the name of it is ;-)
Personally I liked Infernal Blow the most but elemental damage has been nerfed so I was wondering wether or not this skill would make any sense. If physical skills are clearly superior now I would rather stick with one of them although I would not know which one up to this point :-( is frenzy with multistrike and melee splash a good idea? Sounds kinda sick to me ;-)

Thanks for posting. :)

The build can be made as a Templar, Marauder or Duelist!

Infernal Blow is fine. Remember, it converts some of your physical damage to fire so you do benefit from physical damage nodes.

Try them all and choose what you like best. One of the nice things about this build is that any one-handed attack skill can work.

I like Heavy Strike with multistrike for single targets and Infernal Blow with Melee Splash for AOE (but I'm not finding it necessary at all - try Heavy Strike with multistrike and see what I mean when you are surrounded - it hits them all - works with any single target skill). As to whether a specific AOE skill is more efficient kill speed wise, that may be beyond my purview. :)
My post 0.11 build on my own character - we can consider this my recommendation for ~ level 70.

Link to passive tree

It's nice being able to basically ignore ranged attackers.
"
Sovyn wrote:
My post 0.11 build on my own character - we can consider this my recommendation for ~ level 70.

Link to passive tree

What about grabbing those 3 nodes at the top for 10% + 10% + 24% physical damage with one handed weapons? Right next to the int nodes you already have.
"
Fusion33 wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:

Link to passive tree

What about grabbing those 3 nodes at the top for 10% + 10% + 24% physical damage with one handed weapons? Right next to the int nodes you already have.

Thanks for your comment. :)

I did consider those, but I'm not sure I can give up anything I've got already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info