[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

I'm fairly new to this game overall (I'm about halfway through Act 2, Normal), but so far I am LOVING this build! Thanks for taking the time to compile and post this :)

I've been ignoring the bandits for now, but at some point I'm going to have to deal with them, so I wanted to ask -- at any point, did you consider taking the bandit rewards (+8% resistances on Normal is the one that jumps out the most at me) instead of the skill points?
"
I'm fairly new to this game overall (I'm about halfway through Act 2, Normal), but so far I am LOVING this build! Thanks for taking the time to compile and post this :)

I've been ignoring the bandits for now, but at some point I'm going to have to deal with them, so I wanted to ask -- at any point, did you consider taking the bandit rewards (+8% resistances on Normal is the one that jumps out the most at me) instead of the skill points?

It's kind of easy in end game to max your resists, so it's not a very good choice.
IGN: Zorkon/Nabiha/Nabia
This guide looks awesome! Thanks for sharing. :)
Unfortunately I've got to play another char, again. :D Can't stick at one, the game offers to much possibilities. :D

/Edit
Don't you need any block recovery, or Unvavering Stance?
IGN: Scordalia_
Last edited by Caliginosus on May 16, 2013, 2:30:18 PM
"

Fantastic! I'm glad you are enjoying!

I took the skill point reward on all three difficulties.

I have max resists in merciless with just the passive points I put into resists and Purity (an aura) plus maybe one weak resist mod for each element somewhere on my gear. In other words, it's easy. Also you can respec the passive skill point in the future whereas the bandit's rewards you cannot.
"
Caliginosus wrote:
This guide looks awesome! Thanks for sharing. :)
Unfortunately I've got to play another char, again. :D Can't stick at one, the game offers to much possibilities. :D

/Edit
Don't you need any block recovery, or Unvavering Stance?

1)I'm glad you read it, thanks for visiting!

2)No, I don't.

This is a very common misconception even among veteran players.

The vast majority of blocks are 'free': no stun.

A blocking character only experiences a very minor interruption (assuming a fast attack speed) when the blow is blocked but would have hit hard enough to stun the character if he did not block. The net result is that it performs exactly the same in regards to interruptions as a character without a shield and without Unwavering Stance such as dual wield or 2-hander builds without US. The difference, of course, is that these character's life plunges downward along with the stun (very dangerous), whereas all I experience is a minor hesitation and my life stays full.

The larger your life pool, the less often the blow would have hit hard enough to cause a stun/block animation.
"

Any health based character with regen I highly recommend +40 HP from oak. As a caster, I decided to take +40 mana and even that was a huge benefit to my mana pool.

8% resist is worthless, often coming in at 1/2 the value of a large resist node. Now if it was 10% to all elemental and chaos resist, it might be worth it.
I've been playing around with various attack skill combinations. This is one area where individual creativity with the build is encouraged.

This is a nice combo:

Double Strike instead of Heavy strike is nice also, but with lower damage effectiveness. The higher damage effectiveness of heavy strike helps later on in the game to break through armored opponents.

As you can see this combination does not use the blood magic gem. I'm currently thinking that the blood magic gem is excellent for mid levels, but in the end game it is best to use a mana leech item and perhaps level 1 or 2 clarity as well to maximize the small sliver of mana remaining after the auras. If optimized, I think the small amount of mana will be able to keep up with demand.

I'll update the guide once I have tested further.
I've not had much luck finding uniques, but today I found two within 10 minutes or one another.

Unfortunately they are nothing I could use (naturally).

I also found a good pair of gloves for crafting, but can't use for a couple more levels yet anyway -

Still experimenting with different attack skills and socket combinations. As I'm self found, that means using white items as the normal person does not find rare items with good socket links already on them! Using white items makes me more vulnerable though. :) The build still is surprisingly good with virtually no stats on the gear.... just have to be very cautious.... Fun times.
Starting this build tomorrow!
"
Route1 wrote:
Starting this build tomorrow!

Great! Keep us posted on how it goes! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info