that curse that makes you unable to cast spells

"
310 wrote:
This is such a dumb mechanic

Just because you didn't handle it properly doesn't mean it's dumb.
"
xonedl wrote:
"
310 wrote:
This is such a dumb mechanic

Just because you didn't handle it properly doesn't mean it's dumb.

To be fair, it is pretty dumb when you consider the fact that theres no equivalent that disables attack based builds this hard. The duration of the curse simply is too long and with all the shit you have to deal with in Beyonds 72+ maps you will rarely have space for Curse dispelling flasks. Even if you do, they run out at some point.

The worst part about it is the fact that it fucks over Vaal Pact in a way almost nothing else does. In the current HC meta youre almost forced to run at least 2 instant pots, a granite, an most likely 2 +max resistance flasks.

I am currently going towards 90 in Beyond and personally think its ridiculous that I can just shrug this curse off as a CoC character.
"
RoyalStar wrote:
there are lot of dumb mechanics in poe. GGG like to play a game with dumb mechanics. : )

This is a dumb player issue

Let's be honest, op is dumb, there are so many ways to avoid death to strongboxes (see post number 2 on this thread)
Quick question--is this a strongbox only curse, or is there an actual gem that lets players cast this? Would love to drop this thing on bosses.
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
Quick question--is this a strongbox only curse, or is there an actual gem that lets players cast this? Would love to drop this thing on bosses.

This curse can be gotten from random sources only, strongbox/curse shrine and hexfont nemesis mod comes to mind, and there is no skill gem for it.

And I agree with OP, this is just another fuck you from developers to spell casters, this even renders our movement skill unusable so there is no escape, sure you can flask out it but in the case of hexfont and shrine you will just be cursed again in split second.
"
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:

This curse can be gotten from random sources only, strongbox/curse shrine and hexfont nemesis mod comes to mind, and there is no skill gem for it.

And I agree with OP, this is just another fuck you from developers to spell casters, this even renders our movement skill unusable so there is no escape, sure you can flask out it but in the case of hexfont and shrine you will just be cursed again in split second.
How can they curse you again in a split second if you are immune to curses for 5 seconds at a time?

I open every box with first hitting that quartz flask and a quicksilver flask. I never get stuck or rubber banded when doing this because no monster can block my path. Great for getting out of Haku's missions with the spirit too.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Sep 17, 2014, 1:52:20 PM
You can still cast a totem, it wont fire but it will tank.

I mostly solo, didnt roll flasks cause curses are... um. not fatal
ever. just dangerous. I'd rather have other rolls.

as a consequence this stupid mute makes me sit around chilling
for 30 seconds. no danger, never died while muted but I have been surprised
by strongboxes, when surprised jammed all my flasks (they got free shots
on me obviously) and quicksilver out.

mute kills your rampage.

with all the activity in party mode its hard to even tell whats
going on so mute is deadlier in a party. you might persist in the
delusion that you can attack long enough to die.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info