Multiple mods (Meta Mod) should not be available that early in a league

"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
Which, IMO, is a good thing. Want a decent 300 DPS weapon that you can run uber atziri with? It might cost you some chaos.

Yeah, uber atziri should be possible to do with gear that costs you some chaos...

"
amksoljanka wrote:
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
Which, IMO, is a good thing. Want a decent 300 DPS weapon that you can run uber atziri with? It might cost you some chaos.

Yeah, uber atziri should be possible to do with gear that costs you some chaos...

You say that sarcastically. I say it's a sign of a game's strength if there are ways of solving problems that don't consist of "grind for a thousand hours to get a zillion exalts worth of gear". If you want to do that, go ahead.

Don't make everyone else do that to satisfy your little ego.
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
"
amksoljanka wrote:
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:

You say that sarcastically. I say it's a sign of a game's strength if there are ways of solving problems that don't consist of "grind for a thousand hours to get a zillion exalts worth of gear". If you want to do that, go ahead.

Don't make everyone else do that to satisfy your little ego.

Uber atziri is supposed to be hard and not to be facerolled by every noob that comes along.

I'm pretty sure GGG didn't intend that people reach lvl 8 masters so fast and therefore be able to craft such weapons early in a league.

Last edited by amksoljanka on Sep 17, 2014, 5:01:48 PM
"
amksoljanka wrote:

Uber atziri is supposed to be hard and not to be facerolled by every noob that comes along.

I'm pretty sure GGG didn't intend that people reach lvl 8 masters so fast and therefore be able to craft such weapons early in a league.

Define hard.

Hard as in mechanically challenging? Hard as in needing a sound strategy and decent reaction time to defeat her?

Or hard as in "you must spend three hundred hours doing effective grinds but once you complete the no-fun repetitive nonsense, you can faceroll her anyway"?

Idiots like you who can't tell the difference between legitimate difficulty and a mindless gear check are the reason that PoE is nothing but a niche title that could be so much more if a few loud morons didn't constantly demand a grind for everyone else.
"
amksoljanka wrote:

But every noob can pay someone to do "Atziri service" or pay to get carried through all the other "challenges" that are supposed to be hard. Every noob can also pay for level 8 crafting, way before he'll reach it (if ever).

It will be easer if you just accept the truth... PoE = instant gratification.

E:
You are pissed because your swag is being de-valued by lvl8 crafted gear. But why is that? Exactly because everybody can pay the minority who reached lvl 8, to craft for them. lvl 8 crafted gear is appearing at a much higher rate than people reaching lvl 8, because of trade. Direct your anger at that, not at lvl 8 affixes.

I know that every casual instant-gratification noob will have two mod crafted gear before me. Cause I play the content myself.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Sep 17, 2014, 6:33:37 PM
I have seen some demon daggers and Harbinger bows get crafted at multiple mods and get their base damages awfully close to those ones that rolled tyrannical/flaring/emperors andcare for mirror service, astronomically expensive hard-crafted with eternal + exalts. like sometimes it makes me think mirroring those top items isn't worth it anymore with these new items getting close.

Way to take down some of those hard earned crafting investors ey?
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
"
OJ8_Graz wrote:
I have seen some demon daggers and Harbinger bows get crafted at multiple mods and get their base damages awfully close to those ones that rolled tyrannical/flaring/emperors andcare for mirror service, astronomically expensive hard-crafted with eternal + exalts. like sometimes it makes me think mirroring those top items isn't worth it anymore with these new items getting close.

Well, I'd think for starters, you'd need to roll a tyrannical mod on a blue, which in and of itself is no small feat. And then on top of that, get a lucky regal. Just to get to that point, I think, would be a nontrivial task.

And after that, well, hey, if you can come within some close distance (but clearly not to the same power) of BiS gear for a fraction of the price, well...

Who is that hurting? Suddenly, having a good weapon is no longer about shelling out a zillion exalts, and may even, *GASP*, be available to people that don't spend every waking hour grinding for exalts. Then again, grinding a level 8 Elreon in and of itself is a freaking herculean feat.

Frankly, I think the only people that would be adversely affected would be the "WAAAAH WHY DID I SPEND SO MANY EXALTS ETERNAL EXALT CRAFTING WHEN I COULDA ROLLED MASTERS", to which I say "HA HA!"

Now I just think the same thing needs to be available to do with all the rest of the slots.
"
OJ8_Graz wrote:

Exactly. I don't have a problem if people can do that in standard, but i think there is something wrong if people can obtain such gear within 2-3 weeks of a new league. Of course it's not easy to roll a weapon with tyrannical and flaring(which, imo, isn't even necessary if you wanna go that route) but the overall process is much easier.

The root of the problem is that some people are rushing for lvl 8 masters and then offer a crafting service. If everyone would have to level the masters themselfes, i would have no problem with it. A possible fix would be to only make people with lvl 8 masters able to sell/buy items with meta mods.

Last edited by amksoljanka on Sep 18, 2014, 11:05:24 AM
Why is this a problem? So people rush to get an advantage over competition. You want to penalize them. Why? Because you can't sell your stuff since they can make better stuff? People with more time will always be ahead of people with less time. It took some people like a week to reach level 100.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
amksoljanka wrote:
"
OJ8_Graz wrote:

Exactly. I don't have a problem if people can do that in standard, but i think there is something wrong if people can obtain such gear within 2-3 weeks of a new league. Of course it's not easy to roll a weapon with tyrannical and flaring(which, imo, isn't even necessary if you wanna go that route) but the overall process is much easier.

The root of the problem is that some people are rushing for lvl 8 masters and then offer a crafting service. If everyone would have to level the masters themselfes, i would have no problem with it. A possible fix would be to only make people with lvl 8 masters able to sell/buy items with meta mods. Or make meta mods unavailable for the first half of a league.

Translation: a small and non-negligible minority has access to good but not BiS gear a few weeks into a league instead of just a handful of no-life grinders!

NERF PLZ, GGG!

Go away, please.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info