So.. Running lvl 20+ Arctic Armor

"
"
"
Clarity is never needed to run lvl 20 AA. To me running it is the sign of a bad EB/MoM build.
Currently trading 301 mana for 110 mana/sec, how is that bad for MoM?

It prevents you from running a different aura in its place. The mana regen needed for a max lvl AA is easy to get from the tree and gear alone, reserving some of your mana on a redundant aura is a waste.

Clarity costs nothing in terms of % of mana pool when it comes to AA/EB/MoM build, around less than 10% of total mana pool. It is not a waste at all.
IGN : @Morgoth
"
Clarity is never needed to run lvl 20 AA. To me running it is the sign of a bad EB/MoM build.

This is just... wrong. Clarity is a standard part of AA setups, along with Eldritch Battery on the tree and stacking mana, mana regen, and energy shield on gear. Discipline, however, should not be necessary unless you're playing self-found and having bad luck. You do not need crazy gear to get it to work.

Useful gear:

Mindspiral, Alpha's Howl (+2 levels to Clarity), Geofri's Crest (+1 level to Clarity)
Atziri's Foible
Null and Void
Rathpith Globe
Cloak of Defiance, Carcass Jack
Wanderlust, Rainbowstride
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Seriously you don't need godly gear to run high level AA ... Pre-1.2 I had about 100% mana regen from tree and another 100% or so from gear with eb and clarity and even ran MoM.
Now there is more mana and mana regen available in the tree, my Ambush char char sat at around 300 mana regen per second, now I have 340. You can run level 22 from that no problem. With aura nerf I have less % mana available but way more effective mana. The clue is just get high clarity, mana regen% also influences clarity. You really don't have to be a genious or rich to be able to run it.
"
It prevents you from running a different aura in its place.
Please do tell how paying almost twice as much for 6% spell block or three times as much for +4 cold res is worth trading 50% more mana regen.

Mana Regen isn't just for countering AA or spell costs, you've got to remember that it's also your life when you're MoM. Nothing wrong with making that regen as much as you can.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
Last edited by SilentOppressor on Sep 16, 2014, 1:13:44 PM
"
Farystar wrote:
"
"
Farystar wrote:
And you still get 1 shoted in a 69 map by a random rare with 3,1 K life Fact. *Beyond league*

mad

Yes cause everytime i get in endgame in Hc you just randomly get 1 shoted by some rare, which is fucking lame for all the hardwork and time put in. And you can run level 30 AA with MOM and you will get 1 shoted. Can someone tell me, what is the point.

you can facetank titties and voids instead of having to run from them :p
"
symban wrote:
Stormcalling 24/7.
"
Anseth wrote:
Alternatively, you can use a high-ES shield combined with several "Increased defences from equipped shield" nodes. This way, you'll be able to drop Discipline and use another aura/heralds instead. But you're losing the DPS potential from having a 2-h or dual wielding, so the choice is yours.

This shield
Spoiler

increases my max. mana by 1600.

Stats from my tree, gear and intelligence:
Spoiler

Mana regen % increase: 120 from tree/146 from gear
Mana % increase: 34
ES % increase: 150
+ flat mana: 668 (including mana gained from levelling)
+flat energy shield: 585
150% increased defences from equipped shield
EB

And I end up with 2950 mana and 322 mana reg (that's with lvl 18 clarity). This is enough to run lvl 28 AA without Inner Force and lvl 24 with IF.

But, as you can see, the investment in Mana regen is quite massive. I don't understand how people reach numbers that high with very little investment. Am I doing something wrong? And I couldn't possibly imagine using EB+AA combo without Clarity. In my case, mana reg goes from 322 to 189.

youll easily get much higher mana if you run Discipline with aura nodes. and i mean 4k+ easy. on my Ball lightning char i run 3 auras and herald and still have 800 mana to spare. and my gear is.. less than stellar
This character: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1003665 has about 305 m/s without neither Clarity nor Discipline. But nowadays it's quite hard for a non-witch to get such regen and don't miss DPS.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
lvl 20 aa 230 mana/sec thats really easy to achieve with mom an clarity i had 200 with 59 now iam 64 on my twink and he has 235

and no you dont need mirror gear

an example

Spoiler
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Sep 17, 2014, 6:49:54 AM
Another cheap way to RUN AA :

+ Run aa with small manapool (have only 175 unerserved)
+ AA is up as long you massive damage
+ Perfect for static build and melee like molten strike
+ Work nicely with reflect damage, cycloning in massive pack keep up the AA by damage taken as mana and mana leech, devouring totem

- Not 100% uptime
- Need high level cwdt
- disable if you take no damage or moving
Last edited by snakesolidx on Sep 18, 2014, 6:42:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info