Why are GCPs so rare?

I don't get it. To me, this is one crafting item that should be encouraged to be used and it would add fun and excitement to the game. As it is now they are so rare they are just useless. We spend so much time farming gear to get stronger, why is there this barrier to getting better by upgrading your gems? To create a market for found quality gems? Dumb. As a currency or for some high end vendor recipe? If they dropped slightly more often than a chaos orb drops it would not affect balance that much but would make the game more fun.
Quality on a lot of gems is useless anyway.
IGN: SplitEpimorphism
Main way to quality your own gems is getting them to 20 and resetting them back to 1 with the vendor recipe.
Because GGG doesnt know the damn difference between economy and stupid ass grind. They think the economy suffers if every single player doesnt have to grind their ass off to get a little progress. They dont realize that only discourages the non nolifers and encourages the nolifers to nolife even harder.

Its been my biggest gripe with this game since the beginning. Why in the holy fuck did they make currency and crafting mats the same fucking thing. The only people that win in that game are the nolifers. NO matter how you slice it trading is the best way to gear because the nolifes set the price and they provide the mats/items. Yeah... some get lucky and find stuff but generally its those who play 6+ hours a day that flood in stuff. It is a self defeating system and why so many quit.

Argue all you want that blah blah it should be hard to get blah blah and casuals just want things handed to them and hurr fucking durr but people quit this game alot. Because its not fucking fun to play for forever and then have to tycoon better loot.
If they were much easier to get, 20% would have to be assumed. That would mean it wouldn't be "better". It would just be standard.

Because they're rare, they can set the bar lower and let people who choose to get them to 20% have an edge over what they are considering standard.
Most people use 3 or 4 gcp at most to get a gem to 20%

Using GCP on anything lower than 15% is kind of silly.
"just for try, for see and for know"
GCP rarity is just fine, it takes some effort to get a gem to Q20 but it's far from impossible. If it were easier, Q20 would be the new minimum standard and THAT would be boring.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Sep 15, 2014, 4:10:13 PM
"
ARealJerk wrote:
Because GGG doesnt know the damn difference between economy and stupid ass grind. They think the economy suffers if every single player doesnt have to grind their ass off to get a little progress. They dont realize that only discourages the non nolifers and encourages the nolifers to nolife even harder.

Its been my biggest gripe with this game since the beginning. Why in the holy fuck did they make currency and crafting mats the same fucking thing. The only people that win in that game are the nolifers. NO matter how you slice it trading is the best way to gear because the nolifes set the price and they provide the mats/items. Yeah... some get lucky and find stuff but generally its those who play 6+ hours a day that flood in stuff. It is a self defeating system and why so many quit.

Argue all you want that blah blah it should be hard to get blah blah and casuals just want things handed to them and hurr fucking durr but people quit this game alot. Because its not fucking fun to play for forever and then have to tycoon better loot.

this reminds me of the WoW south park episode

"how do you kill that which has no life" lol
I dont see any any key!
I think there is an interesting choice between using the 20% recipe and using GCPs right now. Using GCPs is much faster but much more expensive. Some gems like faster casting are probably worth using the recipe while your main spell might be worth spending the GCPs.
"
k1rage wrote:
"
ARealJerk wrote:

this reminds me of the WoW south park episode

"how do you kill that which has no life" lol

Lol, 2 of the most useless things in life, WoW and south park. GG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info