Why are GCPs so rare?

Ironically enough if you dislike WoW you might actually like that south park episode
I dont see any any key!
BEcause they want you to lvl them to 20 then again to 20 for 20Q. Plenty drop to do that since it only costs 1 GCP.
Git R Dun!
"
jdilly23 wrote:
Most people use 3 or 4 gcp at most to get a gem to 20%

Using GCP on anything lower than 15% is kind of silly.

going price is 1 exalt for a 20% lvl 1. seems to me %12-%19 is ok to use gcp's on,if 1 exalt= 8 gcp.
Using gcp's on a %1-11% I agree doesn't make sense.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
BEcause they want you to lvl them to 20 then again to 20 for 20Q. Plenty drop to do that since it only costs 1 GCP.

its just another form of more endgame. upping the quality of your gems is very optional (except some builds where quality is needed). therefore the main goal is probably to lvl to 20 then down to 1 then up to 20 again. another month or two game time with one feature.

rare GCPs

*giggle*

But yeah, it's not like all the GCPs were self-found, not by a long shot. I've had to trade for them and I don't see a problem with that.
Every now and than I vendor full inventory of quality gems to get gcps and sometimes I get lucky with the drops. It adds up. Than again I play alot, it's definitely hard for someone that plays only at nights to ease off after work, I get that.
kiwi nation
"
Kujar3 wrote:
rare GCPs

*giggle*

But yeah, it's not like all the GCPs were self-found, not by a long shot. I've had to trade for them and I don't see a problem with that.
Every now and than I vendor full inventory of quality gems to get gcps and sometimes I get lucky with the drops. It adds up. Than again I play alot, it's definitely hard for someone that plays only at nights to ease off after work, I get that.

I really wanna try one of those gems one day. RNG is bad though. :(
"

You mean "to vaal them" or just "to find them and level them"?
I have personaly found all of them already, multiple times. I have yet to find one in rampage, had to buy empower and enhance.
But yeah, when RNG in not in your favour, than you may not see them for a long time as a "drop only gems". Same with Portal gem, I believe I found 4 of them already, not one in a long time tho.
kiwi nation
"
"
Kujar3 wrote:
rare GCPs

*giggle*

Pray to the almighty RNGesus
I dont see any any key!
I obviously like POE. But the pacing of almost everything is terribly skewed towards people who are willing to grind insane amounts of time. I think if drops on things like GCP were improved and the leveling curve was faster more steeply asymptotic starting around 69 I think it would appeal to both "groups" of players and overall play would go up. Seems to me that they would get more players if the journey to early end game was more fun and faster, as well as opening up multiple end game characters as a way of playing for an extended period of time as opposed to just grinding and grinding the same player.

On GCPs, in 6 play throughs of normal, 2 of cruel and the beginning parts of merciless, I have gotten no character to 68 (for the level 20 recipe), and have found exactly 2 GCPs. That just seems silly low. Too many things like this that are easy to fix and the philosophy behind them escapes my grasp.
I find a ton of superior gems when playing, and I just turn them into GCPs. It isn't the fastest way, but you get a lot more this way than you do from drops. Just dedicate a tab to them and then assemble batches of 40%.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info