Why are GCPs so rare?

I feel like untainted paradise is just too good for what it is. It should be restricted to one portal so entire guilds and popular players don't get such a huge benefit.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I'll ask this related question again... didn't get an answer before...

Why is quality expressed as a % when it's always out of twenty?

Well, it's probably to keep gem quality consistent with quality on other gear.
Like it's pretty straightforward on weapons and armor, 20% quality on a sword makes the sword do 20% more(or is it actually increased?) damage. On armor it adds to whatever type of armor values are on the item.
100% quality on a weapon would be pretty nuts if it were possible. it implies a 20% improvement from the non-quality version, not that there's 80% left.

Gems are weird because not all of them do damage or do damage in different stages, etc. so each gem has some kind of special quality thing, and not all of them are that obvious. So it seems weird but I'm guessing it's mostly like that to keep consistency.
Why am I wearing a heavy belt if I haven't got any pants?
"
ARealJerk wrote:
Because GGG doesnt know the damn difference between economy and stupid ass grind. They think the economy suffers if every single player doesnt have to grind their ass off to get a little progress. They dont realize that only discourages the non nolifers and encourages the nolifers to nolife even harder.

Its been my biggest gripe with this game since the beginning. Why in the holy fuck did they make currency and crafting mats the same fucking thing. The only people that win in that game are the nolifers. NO matter how you slice it trading is the best way to gear because the nolifes set the price and they provide the mats/items. Yeah... some get lucky and find stuff but generally its those who play 6+ hours a day that flood in stuff. It is a self defeating system and why so many quit.

Argue all you want that blah blah it should be hard to get blah blah and casuals just want things handed to them and hurr fucking durr but people quit this game alot. Because its not fucking fun to play for forever and then have to tycoon better loot.

Well with this attitude you're better off playing another game. I think 100% the opposite. From the way you respond I get this feeling you don't even know what you are talking about. I'm not a nolifer and having a blast. I'm not rich, I don't trade a lot, there is no need to. Of course if you mirror yourself with nolifers you will never have fun. Those nolifers have no fun either, grinding to 100 is no fun. Just enjoy the game, stop mirroring yourself to others, why are so many peopel doing that? Set your own goals, be realistic, have fun.

And yes yhis game will never be for the dumbasses or the extreme casual because there is so much stuff to learn and dumbasses and extreme casuals don't take time to learn. It is how it is.
"
leto2626 wrote:
grinding to 100 is no fun.

I would say it is, there are a group of people out there like myself who play certain games simply because we love to grind. Take the Disgaea series endgame for example. It consists of leveling all items (1 Weapon, and 3 accessories) for your 10 man party through random dungeons (called the Item world.). At the same time you can level each of your characters to 9999 and essentially beyond that through a process called transmigration. The item world is somewhat similar to a very toned down but erratically more random version of maps.

Each installment (Some more than twice thanks to the vita and PSP rehashes) I've spent about 30-40 hours on the story and 400+ grinding the item world for the best items and characters possible, just to even look at fighting the true Uber final boss. The game is more grindy than even PoE yet I have tons of fun trying to create the best characters possible. I feel the goal of both games is similar, but PoE just has room for other ways of playing due to it being multiplayer/online/way more in depth. My goal is to find a really strong build and cap it at 100. I DO find it fun to grind in pretty much any game I've played that allows for it.

GGG has made it pretty obvious that they created the game around the idea of having a game where reaching the best possible stats for any one character will require large amounts of time invested. As well as offering a deep and rich character/build creation allowing for many ways of playing the game as you see fit, but maintaining at it's center a hardcore catered game. I may be a "Nolifer" (One of the dumbest fucking terms ever btw.), but I can assure you I have tons of fun grinding my ass off for epic loot and high level characters; The opposite to what you stated.

If it wasn't fun to do it no one would, why? Because as of now there is absolutely no benefit to reaching 100 other than being at the top of a ladder that really proves nothing other than who got there first. That means people that like the competitive atmosphere around that probably have fun grinding to 100 to prove whose the best or w/e draws them to that.

TL;DR

If grinding wasn't fun for people it wouldn't be there to begin with in a free to play game. They gain nothing from making this way other than attracting the kinds of people that like that style of play.
XBOX-----------------
Kitava Supporter
Dominator Supporter
1st Lvl 100: Incursion League
1st SSF UE, UA, and Shaper: Delve League
"
BokkoTheBunny wrote:
Take the Disgaea series endgame for example.

... which does not artificially limit your grinding options (map drops), remove 10% of your XP when you get killed by desync or optimization issues, and you don't have to trade with other people to make progress. These are the major reasons for why I won't level past 90. Disgaea is a different beast altogether. It's not only about time, but frustration.
Last edited by Mivo on Sep 15, 2014, 11:18:52 PM
"
ARealJerk wrote:
Because GGG doesnt know the damn difference between economy and stupid ass grind. They think the economy suffers if every single player doesnt have to grind their ass off to get a little progress. They dont realize that only discourages the non nolifers and encourages the nolifers to nolife even harder.

Its been my biggest gripe with this game since the beginning. Why in the holy fuck did they make currency and crafting mats the same fucking thing. The only people that win in that game are the nolifers. NO matter how you slice it trading is the best way to gear because the nolifes set the price and they provide the mats/items. Yeah... some get lucky and find stuff but generally its those who play 6+ hours a day that flood in stuff. It is a self defeating system and why so many quit.

Argue all you want that blah blah it should be hard to get blah blah and casuals just want things handed to them and hurr fucking durr but people quit this game alot. Because its not fucking fun to play for forever and then have to tycoon better loot.

Most ppl use bots to farm and rich ones use RMT for items/orbs. No lifers are players like us who don't use any of above mentioned methods and spend hours/days/weeks/months to get enough orbs to buy item we want.
"
johnnysd wrote:
I don't get it. To me, this is one crafting item that should be encouraged to be used and it would add fun and excitement to the game. As it is now they are so rare they are just useless. We spend so much time farming gear to get stronger, why is there this barrier to getting better by upgrading your gems? To create a market for found quality gems? Dumb. As a currency or for some high end vendor recipe? If they dropped slightly more often than a chaos orb drops it would not affect balance that much but would make the game more fun.

I use recipe to make my GCP like most ppl I believe. Much faster and cheaper than grinding/trading for orbs.
"
Mivo wrote:
"
BokkoTheBunny wrote:
Take the Disgaea series endgame for example.

... which does not artificially limit your grinding options (map drops), remove 10% of your XP when you get killed by desync or optimization issues, and you don't have to trade with other people to make progress. These are the major reasons for why I won't level past 90. Disgaea is a different beast altogether. It's not only about time, but frustration.

I've never once traded for maps, and in my most recent experience I've leveled my first character (The one a 88) without once trading for gear (I still sold stuff to other players but never bought anything). Completely self found other than the small bonus of quantity I get from playing with 1 other person most of the time (never more than that. Since I hit maps I died only twice both times my fault never once died to desynch, I know its there but there's a little thing called a macro.

I can agree the games are completely different, but I was more or less trying to convey that there are people out there that love grinding in games, the fact that RNG can apparently make it even more of a grind is a good thing to me, but personally I haven't ever had problems progressing through maps. Especially now with Zana and carto strong boxes. If you are constantly dying to desynch it more on your end then anything. Learn what causes it and keep a mental note of when it might occur. Make macro if you haven't already. People get to 90+ in hardcore all the time...

XBOX-----------------
Kitava Supporter
Dominator Supporter
1st Lvl 100: Incursion League
1st SSF UE, UA, and Shaper: Delve League
"
SirSid wrote:
"
jdilly23 wrote:
"
Lol, 2 of the most useless things in life, WoW and south park. GG

Picturing how offended south park would make you feel has actually made my night :3

Same , South park is the best.

If someones sence of humour dose not let them like south park i first feel sorry for them. Then i just remember that fools like that are the people who try to turn the world into thare politicaly correct vertion of reality , and i want to burn them.

i disagree... monty pythons are the best.
simpsons are funny, to some extent. but south park? never got into that, guess i'm too old for that sh**, sorry.

OT: GCP droprate is fine. but mirrors and exalts should drop way more often.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info