ssd + PoE

"
AmbushRacer wrote:
my laptop uses a 5400 hdd and i never have load times over 4 seconds aside from initial launching.

ssds are a scam, like 95% of gamers probably have SSDs worth 75-100% of their GPUs which is a joke.

>muh 1 second faster boot time.

Do you even SSD bro?
This is the Internet and we have a saying, women are men, men are men and the little girls are FBI agents.
"
AmbushRacer wrote:
my laptop uses a 5400 hdd and i never have load times over 4 seconds aside from initial launching.

ssds are a scam, like 95% of gamers probably have SSDs worth 75-100% of their GPUs which is a joke.

>muh 1 second faster boot time.

You have never ever had an SSD if you think they're even remotely similar in load times or performance. PoE is insanity when it comes to boot/load times and an SSD removes so much of that annoyance.
SSD wont help anything if you are playing on a mac. On windows computer it will.
For initial loading of the game, you'll generally always notice a difference if you move to a SSD. For loading of instances, there are a few factors that come in to play.

I just installed a new SSD after going a few months without one, and while the initial loading time has improved dramatically, instances loaded straight away for me even without an SSD. Probably due to the fact that I have a good CPU and 64Gb of very fast RAM.

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I've never owned a computer with a mechanical hard drive but I've used them at other ppls houses it's awful. Cant even understand why they still sell them.

I have 10Tb of storage in my machine (not including my SSD), and it cost me around $500 for the drives. My 512Gb SSD cost me $400. Do the maths, and you get $20/Gb for regular HDDs and $1.03/Gb for the SSD. And since all the video files, etc. that I have in storage won't play any faster off an SSD than they will off an HDD, spending 20 times the amount for them would have been a ridiculously stupid thing to do.
Buy an SSD and you will wonder how you ever lived without it.

It makes any game with load times load 5-10 times faster. You're wasting several minutes of play time sitting in loading screens. Just upgrade and thank us later.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info